Sota MINIs The Sota MINIs (Minnesota) club forum.

Hello everyone

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 02:45 PM
Mini_Chan
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hello everyone

Hi, just moved out here from NJ and looking for some fellow MINI owners. I'm in the Twin Cities and I've noticed a few MINIs already. Yesterday we had some big snowfall, and me not knowing of this "snow emergency" left my car out on the streets, and a cop gave me a ticket. I don't know if I have any chance of appealing it, as while the ticket was being written, I was helping my roommate move his car into the back. RWD drive with bald tires = no traction on snow. As soon as I got back to my car, I was just in time for the cop to hand me my ticket. After the cop drove off, I noticed on the ticket, the car model information he put said PT Cruiser. So anyone here know if the ticket will be dropped?

Old 02-27-2009, 04:43 PM
adame
Coordinator :: MINIsota Motoring Society (MMS)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome MINI_Chan!
Did you follow work here? I suppose the snow is no big deal for you?

Not sure on the ticket. I would imagine the license plate would match, even though he wrote PT - jerk!

How's the Dinan CAI sound?!!

Old 03-09-2009, 06:17 PM
Rowan
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another recent transplant here.

Just got here with my Wife and MINI 2 weeks ago.

What does Sota MINIs do?

Old 03-10-2009, 07:21 AM
adame
Welcome!!

Where did you come from? Wash or TX? I bet your color combo just looks awesome.

We're pretty quiet in the winter. But spring time sees us doing the New London to New Brighton rally to benefit Junior Diabetes.

Our big event this year is the East Meets West in Winona. We're co-hosting that with our classic mini club. That's at the end of June -early July.

Otherwise you can find us attending some local autocross races, planning fun runs, bbqs, etc.

We're currently in the midst of a forum situation and several people have been hooking up over on Facebook for the time being.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:58 AM
Qtip
2nd Gear
welcome to MN Rowan and Mini Chan

we start to thaw out some time in June....LOL

Old 03-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Rowan
5th Gear
Originally Posted by adame
Welcome!!

Where did you come from? Wash or TX? I bet your color combo just looks awesome.

We're pretty quiet in the winter. But spring time sees us doing the New London to New Brighton rally to benefit Junior Diabetes.

Our big event this year is the East Meets West in Winona. We're co-hosting that with our classic mini club. That's at the end of June -early July.

Otherwise you can find us attending some local autocross races, planning fun runs, bbqs, etc.

We're currently in the midst of a forum situation and several people have been hooking up over on Facebook for the time being.
I came up here from DC (former DCMM'er) & should be out here for a lil while at least & yes, I do love my color combo. I just wish I could keep it clean enough to show it off well.

I'm looking forward to discovering another American state & am glad to have a MINI club for guidance.

I did notice the facebook funkiness with sotaminis.com and have joined the group on there to keep up for the time being.

If you see me around town, feel free to wave (I'll be sporting VA tags for a little longer)....I've yet to get a wave back from a local MINI. :(

Last edited by Rowan; 03-16-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:31 PM
Rowan
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Qtip
welcome to MN Rowan and Mini Chan

we start to thaw out some time in June....LOL
Thanks for the welcome.

So, is there a membership thing or is this more freestyle?

Old 03-17-2009, 07:21 AM
adame
Originally Posted by Rowan
Thanks for the welcome.

So, is there a membership thing or is this more freestyle?
Freestyle. We tried the membership thing awhile back, but we didn't have our stuff together to make it worthwhile. We're not a huge group by any means, but we try to do what we can.

Our New London to New Brighton tour has given us a chance to donate over a grand to local charities and this year the whole East Meets West is happening on our watch....

We have some pretty good twisties so don't be bashful about asking for a tour. Lots of us will sign up to show you

Old 03-17-2009, 07:35 AM
mr. jim
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Mini_Chan
Hi, just moved out here from NJ and looking for some fellow MINI owners. I'm in the Twin Cities and I've noticed a few MINIs already. Yesterday we had some big snowfall, and me not knowing of this "snow emergency" left my car out on the streets, and a cop gave me a ticket. I don't know if I have any chance of appealing it, as while the ticket was being written, I was helping my roommate move his car into the back. RWD drive with bald tires = no traction on snow. As soon as I got back to my car, I was just in time for the cop to hand me my ticket. After the cop drove off, I noticed on the ticket, the car model information he put said PT Cruiser. So anyone here know if the ticket will be dropped?

Hey man, we're gonna miss you out here at NEMINI. You couldn't take the Jersey snow so you went where there was more!