Site Feedback Open forum for discussion of this site. Post your kudos or criticism so that we can continually improve service to the new MINI community.

Ghost ship?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 07:16 AM
trentster
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ghost ship?

Is anyone home that controls this site or the club directory? I have tried PMing the welcome message user and also tried providing feedback through the website form and have not heard anything at all. Is this site on auto-pilot at this point?

Old 04-21-2015, 07:45 AM
JPMM
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by trentster
Is anyone home that controls this site or the club directory? I have tried PMing the welcome message user and also tried providing feedback through the website form and have not heard anything at all. Is this site on auto-pilot at this point?

good luck, I had no response about an issue I had

Old 04-30-2015, 06:26 AM
Rick-Anderson
6th Gear
This forum is a shell of what it was when I joined eleven years ago. The moderators and powers that be are completely unresponsive. For example, how difficult is it to add a third generation parts section to the classifieds? It has only been two years since they hit the market! And it seems that there is an antagonizer know-it-all on nearly every thread that I read. I used to love this forum but not so much now. Oh well, there is always Facebook.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:00 AM
DneprDave
6th Gear
Received 85 Likes on 77 Posts
There are other more dynamic MINI sites, just Google MINI Cooper Forums.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:46 AM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
Received 367 Likes on 311 Posts
Yea, but if you say somethin' nasty, try to pick a fight or mention another MINI/Mini forum by name they'll sure make their presence known. Wasn't long ago a few guys (cheeky hooligan fun seekers) posted some obnoxious stuff just so they could have bragging rights on another forum for getting banned from NAM.

Old 06-26-2015, 08:32 PM
JBC4317
4th Gear
Motoring Alliance, is that the site of which you speak? It's FUN and Friendly and one by one everyone will have migrated.

Old 08-18-2015, 11:28 PM
squawSkiBum
Received 302 Likes on 223 Posts
I'm beginning to wonder - I posted a new thread in the 2nd gen How To forum a week ago, and got the message that new threads have to be approved by a moderator. OK, no problem with that. But a week has gone by and NOTHING, no new threads in that forum, no response, not even a "sorry but your post wasn't worthy."

I did a little digging around and one moderator with an "Administrator" title hasn't posted since January. I understand that people get tired, life circumstances change, etc. and they move on to new things. But if NAM needs new mods, maybe those that are running the show could ask if anyone is interested in stepping up?

As for that other Mini specific forum that has been suggested, there's far higher activity here at NAM.

Old 09-01-2015, 09:26 PM
squawSkiBum
Received 302 Likes on 223 Posts
After posting my comment above, I decided I'd try to be constructive and be part of a solution rather than just ***** about it. So I used the "contact us" link down at the bottom of the page and sent a message pointing out the lack of response, and I volunteered to be the moderator for the Gen2 How To forum. That was going on 2 weeks back, and nothing...

No response to my attempt to create a new thread either. I went through the threads working backward and found the most recently started thread - June of 2014. Wow.

At least there's still activity here and the vendors are providing input. But it sure looks like whoever owns / manages this site is just milking it for the ad revenue and has zero interest in doing anything more.

Old 09-02-2015, 05:42 AM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
Received 367 Likes on 311 Posts
Just the other day I posted a comment referring to that other forum and it got slashed. Either there's a watch dog on duty now or an automatic squelch installed recently.