Chicago MINI Motoring Club The Chicago MINI Motoring Club Forum. Visit our club site at www.chicagominiclub.com

Chicagoland MINIs going to dragon '05

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 07:16 AM
Teampajn
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chicagoland MINIs going to dragon '05

I've got reservations for the dragon run again this year. It was a blast last year! Was wondering if anyone else around here is going this year? I was planning on meeting the caravan from Michigan again this time, maybe we could have our own to Ohio where we'll meet up with them.

Old 08-26-2004, 08:47 AM
Ryephile
OVERDRIVE
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
I'm sure the MichiganMINIac's would love to meet up with you again in Cincinnati. We'll have to find a better meeting spot though!

Here's the meet-time ('cuz you can never plan too early):
Thursday, May 5th, 2005, at 11:00am. Now we just need to pick out a suitable location somewhere in southern Cincinnati, after I-74 meets I-75

Cheers,
Ryan

Old 08-27-2004, 03:11 PM
Teampajn
4th Gear
I still have the papers from last time we met up with you guys. Keeping the same schedule as last year eh? The blue MINI is in heaven, we'll have a purple mist 05 pretty soon! So we'll be able to keep up now, YAY!

Old 11-23-2004, 07:02 AM
NTHUSIAST
1st Gear
So what kind of time do you guys make?

Hey guys, quick question.

I'm heading back down to the Dragon again this year. Last year we left on Thursday after work and rolled into the Fontana at like 2:30 am. The last few hours of the drive sucked (tired, cranky and bored).

So my wife and I have agreed to take off Thursday AND Friday this year. Should be much better.

My question is at what speed do you guys cruise? And how do you work refueling/bathroom stops? Reason I ask is my wife isn't as crazy about caravanning with a big group if it is going to slow us down/take longer. She's not really a car person, so I'm just happy she's willing to be a good sport and go again. Don't want to push it too far . . .

Anyway, just curious what kind of time you'll be making and how often you guys stop.

Thanks!

NTHUSIAST (aka Jeff with the IB/W MCS)

Pat/Jen - How's the new ride? Did you install the 19% pulley? What other mods have you done/are on the horizon? Brian told me about your accident and I saw the pics. Was just relieved nobody was hurt!