Chicago MINI Motoring Club The Chicago MINI Motoring Club Forum. Visit our club site at www.chicagominiclub.com

2008 CowaLUNGa Bike Tour

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 08:58 PM
True Joy
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 CowaLUNGa Bike Tour

Dear friends,

This coming weekend, I will be participating in the 12th Annual CowaLUNGa Bike Tour. This year is special because I will reach a 5-year milestone of participation. I ride in memory of my parents and to help raise money for lung disease research and education. I will join hundreds of others throughout the Chicago land area to raise funds for Respiratory Health Association of Metropolitan Chicago (RHAMC) as we aim to promote healthy lungs and fight lung disease. You may think that it's crazy to ride a bike for 190 miles but I am doing so because I am able. I can breathe freely, and there are many people who are not as lucky as I.

Click on the link below to visit my fundraising page and help me reach my personal goal by making an online donation today.
http://my.imisfriendraising.com/pers...aspx?SID=10046

As an added bonus for CMMC and NAM members, I will be holding a raffle for all that donate. I have 3 prizes; a $50 gift certificate from Aesthetic Creations, a Dragon Emblem (see attached image), and a single $50 cash prize! Basically, for every $5 you donate, you will have a chance to win.

Can’t make a monetary donation? I know times are tough right now, so if you cannot donate, I am planning a garage sale in the middle of August. Here is your chance to make a donation and clear out some space at home. Just let me know if you have something to donate and I will work out a way to pick it up. All proceeds will be given to RHAMC.

Thank you for your past and continued support as I challenge myself not only in participating in the CowaLUNGa 2008 Bike Tour but also by raising money for this very worthwhile cause.

Should you need to reach me by email, please contact me at
jonestanislao@comcast.net.

Thank you,
Jonathan

Attached Thumbnails 2008 CowaLUNGa Bike Tour-carpoint-3d-deco-dragon.jpg  
Old 08-01-2008, 04:45 AM
bennettskis
2nd Gear
Jonathan,

Good luck! In memory of my father who died as a result of lung disease and to help my mother also suffering from COPD I have donated to your ride.

Remember; ice your knees!

hope to see you in the MINI soon.

Bennett

Old 08-01-2008, 08:44 AM
True Joy
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by bennettskis
Jonathan,

Good luck! In memory of my father who died as a result of lung disease and to help my mother also suffering from COPD I have donated to your ride.

Remember; ice your knees!

hope to see you in the MINI soon.

Bennett
Thanks Bennett.
I am sorry to hear about your father and wish the best for your mom. And don't worry, I plan on icing the knees and then some! I hope to see you soon, perhaps at a CMMC event?
Again, thanks for your support and promotion on the CMMC website.

Last edited by True Joy; 08-01-2008 at 09:59 AM.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:14 AM
DanC
2nd Gear
Good luck this weekend Jon.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:53 AM
MiniMac2005
6th Gear
You're all set now Jon. Good luck on the ride! (I decline any prizes, thank you)

I too know how hard it is to raise money year after year. It's for a good cause so it's not a problem for me. Stay hydrated.. we'll see you in a few weeks at the next event

- Francis (MiniMac2005)

Old 08-01-2008, 09:53 AM
True Joy
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DanC
Good luck this weekend Jon.
Thanks buddy! I appreciate it!

Last edited by True Joy; 08-01-2008 at 09:59 AM.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:04 AM
True Joy
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MiniMac2005
You're all set now Jon. Good luck on the ride! (I decline any prizes, thank you)

I too know how hard it is to raise money year after year. It's for a good cause so it's not a problem for me. Stay hydrated.. we'll see you in a few weeks at the next event

- Francis (MiniMac2005)
Thanks for your generosity. I'll be working on my tuck position sans an aero bar and will definitely stay hydrated. See you at the Drive-In Drive .