MINI Parts for Sale Search and shop for all your MINI parts here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits (you may select multiples):

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

FS:: Thunder Grey hood scoop - NEW

Old 01-08-2017, 07:33 AM
blackie
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thunder Grey hood scoop - NEW

Category: Exterior
Price: $80
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (you may select multiples): F56
Location (Region): NorthEast
Item Condition: Brand New

I purchased a 2015 JCW Hardtop in Thunder Grey w/Chili Red roof and accents July 31, 2015 to replace my 2006 S Cabrio. Before the new JCW left the dealer, I had paid to change the side mirror caps to the JCW split side mirror cap variety and the Thunder Grey hood scoop to the carbon fiber version, so both the OEM Chili Red side mirror caps and the OEM Thunder Grey hood scoop were removed by the dealer before the car ever left the lot. There is a photo here of the JCW (after 18 months of ownership), to show what it looks like with the changes.

Both the OEM Chili Red mirror caps and the OEM Thunder Grey hood scoop were put away and forgotten until I did a little post-holiday season cleaning. So, while these have been sitting in a closet for 18 months, both the mirror caps and hood scoop are brand new and both are listed for sale here now.

You can see from the photos the parts are spotless and all clips are intact. They are as perfect as can be and at a discount to what you'd be paying to acquire these new.

These are listed separately here for ease of viewing and sale, so if you are looking at one ad and have interest in the other, please look for the other listing. The hood scoop is $80 + shipping. Thanks for looking.

Attached Thumbnails Thunder Grey hood scoop - NEW-img_4589.jpg   Thunder Grey hood scoop - NEW-img_4595.jpg   Thunder Grey hood scoop - NEW-img_4594.jpg  
Old 01-15-2017, 08:49 AM
blackie
6th Gear
There is an accepted offer on the OEM pair of exterior Chill Red mirror caps at $95, which includes PP fees and shipped within CONUS. The OEM hood scoop advertised here remains available, though an offer on it has been made and countered for the same $95 all-in figure. Thanks for looking and happy motoring!

Old 01-17-2017, 03:07 AM
blackie
6th Gear
The Chili Red mirror caps have sold, but this brand new scoop is still available. Don't wait and miss out, as some did on the mirror caps. Thanks for looking!

Old 01-17-2017, 09:30 PM
blackie
6th Gear
Out of curiosity, I have searched for what this new OEM part is selling for elsewhere. Maybe I didn't search very well, but I could not find other sellers. I'd appreciate any information on such selling prices for new OEM, if anyone has such information and can steer me to it, just so I can be fair in the pricing offered here (which I assumed was the case, but without actual non-dealer evidence). Thanks.

Old 01-17-2017, 10:49 PM
Gavin Mazey
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-mini-parts/bonnet-hood-scoop-primed/51137376052/
Here one is unpainted on Ecs.

Old 01-18-2017, 03:31 AM
blackie
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Gavin Mazey
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-mini-parts/bonnet-hood-scoop-primed/51137376052/
Here one is unpainted on Ecs.

Thanks for this information and the PM. This was useful to know.

The distinctions I spot are primed at ECS vs. this one was already painted at the factory in Thunder Grey metallic and the free ECS shipping is economy ground vs. what I suspect would be 2-day (that ECS charges over $20 to replicate). I do not know if ECS adds sales tax based on shipping destinations, but I obviously do not.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:20 PM
blackie
6th Gear
Hood scoop offer has been accepted. Thanks for playing. Once deal is finally consummated I'll post a closing here, or if for any reason the deal fails, I'll also come back with that detail.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:21 PM
blackie
6th Gear
Got to add I have not sold anything here in over a year before these two transactions and all interested parties were cordial, pleasant, and approachable. NAM still has some really great people.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:23 PM
blackie
6th Gear
...........and I'm going to have to replace my 2006 Cabrio photos with 2015 JCW hardtop ones just as soon as I get my rear in gear to do it!

Old 01-18-2017, 08:54 PM
Gavin Mazey
1st Gear
Payment sent! I'm excited :p thanks. I'm newer here and agree that it is a great forum. Much better than some other car forms I've been on.

Old 01-18-2017, 09:21 PM
blackie
6th Gear
Thanks Gavin! SCOOP is now SOLD!!

Old 01-18-2017, 09:21 PM
blackie
6th Gear
.....and I look forward to iTrader feedback once scoop arrives.

Old 01-19-2017, 03:29 AM
blackie
6th Gear
Scoop shipping out today.

Old 01-19-2017, 03:03 PM
Gavin Mazey
1st Gear
Awesome can't wait to get it! What's itrader?

Old 01-19-2017, 08:54 PM
blackie
6th Gear
Well, I'd explain iTrader, if I could find mine. As I've been absent a long while, perhaps there were changes to it of which I am unaware.

Here's what I can tell you. Some is from what I see and the rest is recollection.

What I can see is that under some members' handles is the word "iTrader" followed by a parenthesis with a number within it. What I recollect is that occurs only when a member has done marketplace business and has received feedback to be shared publicly. I recall the number is the number of feedbacks received.

What I cannot figure out is how to go look up the iTrader results. I have clicked on the number within the parenthesis, which is depicted as a hotlink, but instead of taking me to the iTrader page for that member I get a message I am not permitted. I have no clue as to why. It is as if I have been banned form entering the iTrader pages. If I have, I have no clue as to why.

Anyone else can shed some light here?

Old 01-19-2017, 08:58 PM
blackie
6th Gear
Here is what I get when I click the numeric link following anyone's iTrader:

blackie, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:40 PM
Gavin Mazey
1st Gear
Just realized I never posted when I got the Hoodscoop. Everything was delivered quick and in great shape. I am very happy with my color matched Hoodscoop. Thanks a lot Blackie.

Search this Thread