Road Racing Discussion Interested in taking your MINI road racing? Find out what you need to do to get your MINI ready!

1st Track event in the JCW

Old 10-25-2016, 01:35 PM
Andres.Aggy
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1st Track event in the JCW

So I did 1 road racing event and thought i should share my experience .The car did well except towards the end the diverter valve failed and lost all of the boost. I'm more than likely going to start tracking it more since i had so much fun. I'm driving R56 jcw with 86,000 miles. I took care of the basics brakes (stop tech slotted rotors EBC yellow pads, Motul 600) and fluids (oil, and coolant) I've also done some maintenance recently, Plugs, coils, carbon cleaning. along with so parts that have failed, HPF, fuel filter, thermostat, oil cooler seals. Car is running really strong at the moment. One of the issues i faced was the car wouldn't turn in as i would like to quite a bit of understeer. Already ordered a RSB to replace. I will be adding mods as i feel they are needed and hoping to get as much track time as i can. next on my list will be a set of wheel and tires. currently on the stock wheels with some hankook ventus v12s, i really liked the feed back noise of these tires. Im planing on doing later down the road as well a set of bilstien coilovers. if there are any major mods or things i should look at let me know. thanks