R61 :: Paceman Talk R61 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.

R61 Rear LED turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 07:54 PM
JustinGTP
5th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Rear LED turn signals

Hi all

Has anyone done rear turn signals?

I put in some high quality philips - and they don't turn on at all? But halogen bulb works. Has anyone had any luck with paceman and rear turn signal leds? leds work in brake (but havent found a bulb that lights up evenly or bright enough so took them out) front turn signals work in led also. So weird. I will maybe trying coding out bulb checks on rear turn signal and try again.

thanks

Old 11-16-2016, 07:58 PM
MarioKart
Vendor
Received 115 Likes on 93 Posts
Hi had a similar issue on my CM. Sometimes on LED's they are directional, try tuning them 180degrees

mQubed Motorsport, Manic Tuning Dealer

2013 GP2 #295, 270whp/310wtq, KO4 47mm Turbo, 18" NM Wheels, Alta intake, Manic Stage III+, HFS-3 Meth, 30% E85 Blend, Forged IC, Alta Hot Pipe, P&P/Ceramic Exhaust Manifold, m3 Extreme Ceramic DP, Vibrant mid res, 4" Double walled Tips, WMW/KW V3 CO, Alta Rear CA, CREE Fogs, Black out F/R Rings and Gas Cap, M7 CF Front Splitter, and No Stickers. MORE TO COME!! Previous 04Triple Black 17% Alta, MM Air/H2O, CAI, OBX Header, FBT Head, Shrick Cam, 234whp
Old 11-16-2016, 08:18 PM
JustinGTP
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MarioKart
Hi had a similar issue on my CM. Sometimes on LED's they are directional, try tuning them 180degrees

mQubed Motorsport, Manic Tuning Dealer
Thanks! I did try that and could not get them to work still. 😢

Old 11-18-2016, 07:37 AM
Mister Spice
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JustinGTP
Hi all

Has anyone done rear turn signals?

I put in some high quality philips - and they don't turn on at all? But halogen bulb works. Has anyone had any luck with paceman and rear turn signal leds? leds work in brake (but havent found a bulb that lights up evenly or bright enough so took them out) front turn signals work in led also. So weird. I will maybe trying coding out bulb checks on rear turn signal and try again.

thanks
I am researching those bulbs myself. I thought I read the Paceman had LED tails until I removed the housing to my surprise I found normal 7506 bulbs.
Sylvania makes a 7506 LED replacment

Old 11-18-2016, 10:30 AM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
Received 120 Likes on 105 Posts
What is your goal? Hoping that an LED bulb would be brighter? Most aftermarket LED exterior bulbs will actually be dimmer than the original. The light fixture lenses and reflectors are optimized for the light pattern of a standard bulb. Whatever you do, change the bulbs only on one side first and compare the brightness with the other side. Verify that you can easily see the light in bright daylight. Many aftermarket LED bulbs are dangerously dim.

Old 11-18-2016, 04:12 PM
JustinGTP
5th Gear
Originally Posted by rkw
What is your goal? Hoping that an LED bulb would be brighter? Most aftermarket LED exterior bulbs will actually be dimmer than the original. The light fixture lenses and reflectors are optimized for the light pattern of a standard bulb. Whatever you do, change the bulbs only on one side first and compare the brightness with the other side. Verify that you can easily see the light in bright daylight. Many aftermarket LED bulbs are dangerously dim.
Yes, well aware. I didn't use the Philips ones for brakes because it wasn't as bright. They work well in my bmw 335 though.

My goal is to have instant on and off, it looks much nicer imo. I bought some off Jdm astar that are brighter than halogen, will post pics when I get em.

Old 11-30-2016, 12:38 PM
Mister Spice
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rkw
I just installed Sylvania Zevo 7506 LED in Parking (Red) and Reverse (White)
on My 2015 R61 and they are brighter than the OEM bulbs. I'm having 1 issue with 1 of the Red LED (Right Outer Bulb Location) intermittent blown and working that also effects the left side of the rear tail lights. I will be returning it. because all others work great without a bulb out error

Old 12-02-2016, 04:19 PM
JustinGTP
5th Gear
The Jdm astars seem to be good bulbs. Will probably do the brakes also. I will post an led video