R61 :: Paceman Talk R61 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.

R61 The Crap hitch...Malone trailer...Replacement tires

Old 04-28-2016, 07:04 AM
nray53
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Crap hitch...Malone trailer...Replacement tires

I havent been on since I bought my Paceman S two years ago where I got great advice here. So disappointing to see it won't be made anymore. I just wanted to contribute my experiences with it FWIW.

I bought The Crap hitch. Works great. Also bought a Malone lightweight trailer. We use it for our two Kayaks. And last year I bought a 14ft. Sunfish sailboat. The trailer works great for both uses and I still get around 32 mpg hauling them!

I hated the runflat tires. They were harsh, bounced around on the road, caused a vibration like a dentist drill to the steering wheel, wore out before 20,000 miles and were literally worthless in an inch of snow. I looked and looked for just a regular tire replacement and became really frustrated with the lack of tires being made for that size. Finally...I found a Continental ProcContact TX tire. I just love them. Still very sporty, much softer ride and very good in the snow.

I just had it into the dealer for its last free oil change. On road trips on vacation last summer, I got near 36mpg on highway/country roads. I fill up at Costco where premium is always around at least a dime cheaper. Anyway...I really love my Paceman.