R61 :: Paceman Talk R61 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.

R61 What did you do to your PACEMAN today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2019, 05:37 PM
Salvese D.O.C.
1st Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
What i have done with my Paceman?

Oil change using the oil extractor.

Oil Filter replacement K&N

Castrol Full Synthetic 5W-40

Old 09-13-2019, 04:58 PM
BillyX
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Salvase D.O.C., I have questions:
-How much oil (qts or Ls) did you extract?
-This seems better than jacking up the car, was it?
-Where did you get the Oil Extractor?

Old 09-13-2019, 07:55 PM
Salvese D.O.C.
1st Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BillyX
Hey Salvase D.O.C., I have questions:
-How much oil (qts or Ls) did you extract?
-This seems better than jacking up the car, was it?
-Where did you get the Oil Extractor?

Hello BillyX,

- all the oil was inside the sump tank. I refill about 4.5 qts on new oil.
- much better, less mess first of all, same result in half time, i didn’t even change in “working clothes” like usually we do messing with old oil.
- purchased on Amazon.com, i decide this model because is more transportable and made of still.

I didn’t like the tall oil extractor less comfortable to put in the car and bring to recycling place.

go go for it

Old 09-27-2019, 12:51 PM
MiniToBe
6th Gear
Received 427 Likes on 393 Posts
Will be reviving her in the up coming days. it was not a match to a rain storm.

Old 09-30-2019, 09:19 PM
JustinGTP
5th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
What did I do to my paceman jcw today? I signed the papers to trade it in Friday! Ha

Old 10-01-2019, 01:25 PM
MiniAndo
3rd Gear
Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by JustinGTP
What did I do to my paceman jcw today? I signed the papers to trade it in Friday! Ha
Hah! Bummer the private party sales fell through, but congrats on the Clubman!

I'm afraid to ask, but very curious what they gave you on trade. We have a nearly identical R61 that may be on the chopping block in March. Please PM me if you don't wish to share with the class. Or don't tell me at all, it's certainly not any of my business. =P

Old 12-05-2019, 09:15 AM
Black_R61S
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New Exhaust

OBX Racing exhaust from Ebay. I know it's an eBay exhaust admittedly I planned for something different but really like the dual muffler look and the NM wasn't in the budget since it's Christmas.

Noticed a small increase in the seat dyno. It has a nice rumble at startup and a noticeable sound increase. It's wife approved!

Old 01-02-2020, 07:45 AM
WeBad_Paceman
1st Gear
Originally Posted by diablito
Not today but last week I added:

JB+ Tuning wow felt ok at first but now the pull is great, acceleration is vastly improved and is for sure faster incresing 542 lbs from my HTs to a 4All was noticible, now is not.

H&R lowering springs, well this is standard for all of my MINIs the wheel gap is almost gone, and they came in Blue so they match my color

Burger Tuning Spacers 12mm rear 15mm front with bolts great set!

18" Double Star in Black MINI wheel set

Still on hold
Akrapovic DP
Silicone hoses in and out of turbo
JCW air box
Control arms to change the chamber after lowering my rears have a lot of chamber

will load pictures later
How much did your H&R Springs actually power your PM? Do you happen to have before and after measurements ? Did they settle and lower even more ?

Old 01-02-2020, 07:57 AM
WeBad_Paceman
1st Gear
M7 Tuning CAI

Installed this nice M7 Tuning CAI, Extremely easy install, No note able HP gain in any way shape or form, in fact it’s actually probably a decrease if we really got down to it, you lose the air intake duct that runs to the front grille with this install. However, sounds beautiful and looks really nice.

Old 02-12-2020, 05:54 PM
ItzNeil
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
SO far...

So far... LEDs for everyone! Interior lights for the maps up front, glove, boot and central lighting. Used Phillips as they're a little warmer at 6000. Was able to use forceps to pull the maps instead of the misery that pulling that panel looks like. I *know* I'd tip it and have the switches come to bit. Way faster too.
Swapped the side marker lights on the strakes for Phillips LEDs that look white and glow orange, so no longer see the orange bulb through the clear lens, but next $35 will probably be the progressive smoked LEDs to replace the lot when I PlastiDip the panels to Anthracite to match my wheels and mirror covers.
Swapped the arch side markers for smoked LED strips so invisible in the day and uniform light with no hotspot (this is a bastard on the back when on the ground, so far only done the one that was cracked so I got all Neilanderthal on the thing and ripped it out. Trying to get the stupid speed thread nut off without mangling it is miserable...
LED backup lights, thanks to BimmerCode no errors instead of using resistors.
LEDs for parking lights, much better match for the headlamps.
Yellow lamps for Fogs, and again BimmerCode to allow Fogs with parking but no main bulbs. Plan to add fogs to High beams as well, if I can learn enough Deutsche.

BimmerCode has my mirrors folding on lock>hold on the Comfort Key or door button, no chimes for passenger seat, less delay to open/close roof and windows on lock/unlock.

Alexa Auto makes everything easy, send texts, make calls, choose music, find places and directions on my phone (not the Nav, but...).

Updated firmware courtesy of BMW site, and updated maps to lifetime and 2020 for $20 via Ebay.

Added a knock off from Amazon of the Cravenspeed tacho phone mount 10 minutes and $15 instead of 85. Swapped the clamp mount to a magnet mount too.

Watching for a JB+ and some 18 wheels to replace the aftermarket narsty chromes that came on it mounted with snowies, come spring.