R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.

R60 Bluetooth adapter for music

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 08:07 AM
penguinhomey
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth adapter for music

So my 2012 countryman came with the $500 bluetooth option... that only works for phone calls, not music!!

Very annoying but I would still like to listen to music wirelessly. Are there any modification to make it work with music?

If not do any of you have experience with bluetooth adaptors that work well for music? Ideally something that plugs into the USB and AUX port at the same time so I can change songs with the steering wheel...

Thanks!!

Old 08-07-2015, 08:50 AM
fishbulb
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mpow® Bluetooth A2DP Music Audio Receiver Adapter for Bose Sounddock and 30-Pin iPod iPhone Dock Speaker

Amazon for about $15.

Attaches to the 30 pin iPod connector.

Works decent, but I just plug my phone in when I want to listen to music off of it.

Old 08-07-2015, 09:41 AM
ljmattox
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Kinovo BTC 450; works flawlessly, for the past 3 years or so. Links automatically once paired, has a higher-powered usb charge port. I mounted the mic just below the key slot, and routed the slim cord on that groove in the side of the center console. Fairly inconspicuous.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:24 AM
axsys
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ljmattox
Kinovo BTC 450; works flawlessly, for the past 3 years or so. Links automatically once paired, has a higher-powered usb charge port. I mounted the mic just below the key slot, and routed the slim cord on that groove in the side of the center console. Fairly inconspicuous.
I also recommend this one. I put it right above the USB slot (just below the trim around the shifter).

Old 08-11-2015, 07:11 PM
Csbdr
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tunes2air. Plugs into current USB/aux ports. Connects via Bluetooth to your phone. Works perfectly and the volume/select buttons on the steering wheel also work great. I have iPhone 5s. I think I remember seeing some functionality issues with the buttons with the 6 but I'm not sure. Would have to find the thread.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:37 AM
penguinhomey
1st Gear
Thanks for replies guys!

Old 08-15-2015, 12:16 PM
bmrguy03
4th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have a Tune2Air for sale if interested.

Old 01-26-2016, 09:32 PM
NSXRebel
1st Gear
Originally Posted by fishbulb
Mpow® Bluetooth A2DP Music Audio Receiver Adapter for Bose Sounddock and 30-Pin iPod iPhone Dock Speaker

Amazon for about $15.

Attaches to the 30 pin iPod connector.

Works decent, but I just plug my phone in when I want to listen to music off of it.
And here I've been searching for GROM, USA-Spec and other similar BT adapters because that's what I've used in the past. Wasn't looking forward to spending $100+ an another adapter.

From some of the reviews that were done on home speaker docks, it looks like remote control functionality is kept with those docks.

Do the steering wheel controls still work as far as changing tracks?
What about song ID, does it display on the radio?

I'm about to place an order for this if so. Thank you.

Old 01-26-2016, 09:43 PM
MarioKart
Vendor
Received 115 Likes on 93 Posts
I love my Tune2Air. It connects perfect and still let's your take and make bluethooth call. Works better than my OEM 2015 BMW M4 Bluetooth

mQubed Motorsport, Manic Tuning Dealer

2013 GP2 #295, 270whp/310wtq, KO4 47mm Turbo, 18" NM Wheels, Alta intake, Manic Stage III+, HFS-3 Meth, 30% E85 Blend, Forged IC, Alta Hot Pipe, P&P/Ceramic Exhaust Manifold, m3 Extreme Ceramic DP, Vibrant mid res, 4" Double walled Tips, WMW/KW V3 CO, Alta Rear CA, CREE Fogs, Black out F/R Rings and Gas Cap, M7 CF Front Splitter, and No Stickers. MORE TO COME!! Previous 04Triple Black 17% Alta, MM Air/H2O, CAI, OBX Header, FBT Head, Shrick Cam, 234whp
Old 01-30-2016, 04:49 PM
offapex
1st Gear
I bought the

Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit for Cars with Aux Input Jack (3.5 mm) - supports aptX

for my old Mini and it worked great. Auto reconnected to my Android phone, which I feel is critical.

Old 02-02-2016, 09:16 PM
NSXRebel
1st Gear
Originally Posted by MarioKart
I love my Tune2Air. It connects perfect and still let's your take and make bluethooth call. Works better than my OEM 2015 BMW M4 Bluetooth

Hey, just noticed you're in Ventura, i'm in Oxnard.
I bought a 30pin to Bluetooth adapter from Fry's but the volume was low, there was obvious interference as the sound would break every so often, AND, most importantly the Mini wouldn't recognize it as an iPod device, so the audio was played thru the aux even though USB was selected. The iPod option would not come up, thus I had no steering wheel controls at all. I promptly returned it.

Does the Tune2Air get recognized as an iPod device? Steering wheel controls?

Old 02-02-2016, 09:39 PM
MarioKart
Vendor
Originally Posted by NSXRebel
Hey, just noticed you're in Ventura, i'm in Oxnard. I bought a 30pin to Bluetooth adapter from Fry's but the volume was low, there was obvious interference as the sound would break every so often, AND, most importantly the Mini wouldn't recognize it as an iPod device, so the audio was played thru the aux even though USB was selected. The iPod option would not come up, thus I had no steering wheel controls at all. I promptly returned it. Does the Tune2Air get recognized as an iPod device? Steering wheel controls?
Yes it does, it shows the songs on the speedo and you can use steering controllers. It's around $100, but beyond worth it

2013 GP2 #295, 270whp/310wtq, KO4 47mm Turbo, 18" NM Wheels, Alta intake, Manic Stage III+, HFS-3 Meth, 30% E85 Blend, Forged IC, Alta Hot Pipe, P&P/Ceramic Exhaust Manifold, m3 Extreme Ceramic DP, Vibrant mid res, 4" Double walled Tips, WMW/KW V3 CO, Alta Rear CA, CREE Fogs, Black out F/R Rings and Gas Cap, M7 CF Front Splitter, and No Stickers. MORE TO COME!! Previous 04Triple Black 17% Alta, MM Air/H2O, CAI, OBX Header, FBT Head, Shrick Cam, 234whp
Old 02-02-2016, 09:55 PM
NSXRebel
1st Gear
Yes it does, it shows the songs on the speedo and you can use steering controllers. It's around $100, but beyond worth it

Thank you, i'll look into it!

Old 04-23-2016, 09:43 AM
rdpennin
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Csbdr
Tunes2air. Plugs into current USB/aux ports. Connects via Bluetooth to your phone. Works perfectly and the volume/select buttons on the steering wheel also work great. I have iPhone 5s. I think I remember seeing some functionality issues with the buttons with the 6 but I'm not sure. Would have to find the thread.
This is the one we have. Once installed, it's just like the factory bluetooth on our other cars. Install and forget it.

R

Old 04-25-2016, 03:22 PM
minicountry
3rd Gear

How much are you asking for?

Old 04-25-2016, 03:29 PM
MarioKart
Vendor
Originally Posted by minicountry
How much are you asking for?
$90 PayPal is MarioPalza@gmail.com

Old 04-27-2016, 02:26 PM
nitty
1st Gear
The sound coming out of the headphone jack is not so good due to the digital-to-audio converter (DAC) used in the phone. However, the DAC in the "Airport Express" is in fact much better. For wireless, one approach is to use the Airport Express modified to run on 12V power. You'll be able to find DIY instructions on the web or you can purchase one already modified. As an alternative, my preference is to use an Apogee product ("Apogee One") as an audio interface for their excellent DACs. I have the entire sound path hardwired and use a bluetooth remote to wirelessly control the iPhone.

Old 04-28-2016, 08:02 AM
exdos
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just buy a USB stick and put all your music onto that and it'll play perfectly.

Old 05-06-2016, 11:45 PM
p1nk50ck
1st Gear
Amazon.com: ViseeO Tune2Air WMA3000B Bluetooth Adapter: Computers & Accessories Amazon.com: ViseeO Tune2Air WMA3000B Bluetooth Adapter: Computers & Accessories

Just picked this up from Amazon (2 day free shipping with Prime) for $69.50.

Paired up perfectly over bluetooth with my iPhone 6s. It'll play music over bluetooth, it will dim the sound and give directions (using the Waze app), and it will switch over to the mini bluetooth when calls come in and out.

Really happy with the purchase. My only gripe is that the cable is a little long (maybe 5-6 inches) so it will lay flat along the rail, but i have it slung over and resting in the area between my driver's seat and the rail.

Old 05-12-2016, 12:20 PM
NSXRebel
1st Gear
Originally Posted by p1nk50ck
Amazon.com: ViseeO Tune2Air WMA3000B Bluetooth Adapter: Computers & Accessories

Just picked this up from Amazon (2 day free shipping with Prime) for $69.50.

Paired up perfectly over bluetooth with my iPhone 6s. It'll play music over bluetooth, it will dim the sound and give directions (using the Waze app), and it will switch over to the mini bluetooth when calls come in and out.

Really happy with the purchase. My only gripe is that the cable is a little long (maybe 5-6 inches) so it will lay flat along the rail, but i have it slung over and resting in the area between my driver's seat and the rail.
I wish the WMA1000 was still available. If you already have the iPod cable that came with your Mini, the WMA1000 is just the BT receiver.

Old 05-16-2016, 02:12 PM
AnyMini
Neutral
Amazon.com: Bluetooth Adapter for BMW and Mini Cooper iPod iPhone Y Cable - CoolStream CarPro: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Bluetooth Adapter for BMW and Mini Cooper iPod iPhone Y Cable - CoolStream CarPro: Cell Phones & Accessories

Plugs right into the Y-cable that came with my 15 CM. No wires or madness to deal with. Sync's right up with my iphone as soon as I enter the car. Steering wheel controls all work just fine. Absolutely wonderful purchase for the price. 5/5 in my book.

Old 06-12-2016, 02:59 PM
Brookz
1st Gear
I have the tune2air. It works ok but I'm not hugely impressed. I dislike how every time I start my car, it defaults to the radio and not the "iPod". If anyone knows a way to make that stop, PLEASE inform me.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:41 PM
MarioKart
Vendor
Originally Posted by Brookz
I have the tune2air. It works ok but I'm not hugely impressed. I dislike how every time I start my car, it defaults to the radio and not the "iPod". If anyone knows a way to make that stop, PLEASE inform me.
I'm not sure why yours defaults to the radio. My defaults to what ever I used last, AUX, Bluetooth, radio, CD for XM. Maybe it's in the coding of the car

Old 06-13-2016, 03:49 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
The theory is that the settings go with the key fob in use. My car usually defaults to the usb stick until my son borrows the car and then it defaults to the aux input for awhile until I take back control. No rhyme or reason from what I can tell.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:49 PM
Brookz
1st Gear
Is there a way to get it to stop doing that?

Quick Reply: R60 Bluetooth adapter for music