MINI Cooper MINI Cooper specs

Go Back   North American Motoring > MINI Countryman > R60 :: Countryman Talk
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to North American Motoring !
Welcome to North American Motoring,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

» Latest Main Topics
Ordered today!
39 Replies, 1,845 Views
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2011, 05:51 PM
2nd Gear

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gallery
I want a freaking back-up camera!

Just sayin', for $42k this damn thing should have a swanky camera. Freaking crap VW has them.. ARGH!!! only complaint, other than the clutch.. which I am dealing with. :-)
Jack - 2011 MCS Countryman All4, all-absolute black, black 18's, black lounge leather, anthracite top liner, mini check trim, premium, convenience, sport package + suspension, cold weather, mini connected+nav, adaptive light control, dimming exterior mirrors, chrome line exterior. Delivered 3/21/11!
Vivienne96 BMW Z3 1.9, Lars07 BMW e92 euro delivery 10/06,Bruno 09 Vespa S150
Old 05-17-2011, 06:38 PM
6th Gear

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Gallery
Garage
Really, I mean the car is a compact, a back up camera is excessive, hell even parktronic is excessive in this car.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:38 PM
Vendor

Gallery
$42k!?!?!?!
Old 05-17-2011, 06:39 PM
Vendor

Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeS View Post
Really, I mean the car is a compact, a back up camera is excessive
Not convinced. I was surprised how poor the rear visibility is in the Countryman. The rear windows are very short, there's too much metal at the back of the car, limiting view lower down, at the back.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:03 PM
5th Gear

Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMINI View Post
$42k!?!?!?!
Seriously. Even when I made my wishlist car in the configurator, it didn't come out at that. Maybe the OP is including all the extended warranties he bought?

And as far as a backup camera, I kind of don't see the need. It's a teeny car with decent visibility in the side mirrors. Even the parking assist seems like overkill.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:19 PM
4th Gear

Gallery
Hey, to each his own. Kinda like bluetooth handsfree. I mean I can hold a phone to my ear but I prefer to use hands free.

Or it could be like me, they have had to have their neck fused with metal plates and artificial discs and that can seriously limit range of motion.

Even though the car is small it does have blind spots.

A lot of head units with NAV have inputs which can receive a remote camera. It might be able to be done with a add-on.

just sayin..........
Old 05-17-2011, 07:41 PM
5th Gear

Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05r50 View Post
Or it could be like me, they have had to have their neck fused with metal plates and artificial discs and that can seriously limit range of motion.
Very true. I learned on large vans with trailers a long time ago to navigate almost entirely with side mirrors, so that's my habit, but I do turn around sometimes to check distance, and I can imagine how helpful a backup camera would be if that were uncomfortable or impossible.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:11 PM
6th Gear

Gallery
Garage
Quote:
$42k!?!?!?!
$42k is very possible if he got every option, after destination and T&T, I left out a number of options and was at $35k when all was said and done.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:28 PM
2nd Gear

Gallery
I have everything shy of park distance control. its possible. no warranties were added. For how techie this car is, its something I think could have easily been added and was left out.
Jack - 2011 MCS Countryman All4, all-absolute black, black 18's, black lounge leather, anthracite top liner, mini check trim, premium, convenience, sport package + suspension, cold weather, mini connected+nav, adaptive light control, dimming exterior mirrors, chrome line exterior. Delivered 3/21/11!
Old 05-17-2011, 08:30 PM
2nd Gear

Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05r50 View Post
Hey, to each his own. Kinda like bluetooth handsfree. I mean I can hold a phone to my ear but I prefer to use hands free.

Even though the car is small it does have blind spots.

A lot of head units with NAV have inputs which can receive a remote camera. It might be able to be done with a add-on.

just sayin..........
Exactly! And for the record, my other car is a Z3, no blindspots when top is down.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:39 PM
2nd Gear

Gallery
wait... taxes took it to 42.. just shy of 40.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:28 AM
2nd Gear

Gallery
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanzak View Post
Just sayin', for $42k this damn thing should have a swanky camera. Freaking crap VW has them.. ARGH!!! only complaint, other than the clutch.. which I am dealing with. :-)
I gotta agree with you. The pictogram is okay, but the camera in my wife's Highlander is more trustworthy.

Only $42K?? You done well! I won't tell you what mine cost...
south jersey
Old 05-18-2011, 05:00 AM
5th Gear

Gallery
Now that I think about it, $42 isn't unreasonable at all if you include all taxes and fees and warranties.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:06 AM
6th Gear

Gallery
Quote:
I want a freaking back-up camera!
Take your pick . . .

http://www.tadibrothers.com/Products...ucts/RVSystems

I agree, however. They could have stuck it in the gosh darn navigation/connect/armrest package with no problem. I also want the passenger side mirror to dip in reverse so my antrhacite wheels don't become a nasty two-toned mess.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:17 AM
6th Gear

Gallery
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealy View Post
I also want the passenger side mirror to dip in reverse so my antrhacite wheels don't become a nasty two-toned mess.
+100 on that, best feature I ever had on a car (yes overstated), but it is more useful than parktronic or a back-up camera in street parking situations.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:27 AM
6th Gear

Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeS View Post
+100 on that, best feature I ever had on a car (yes overstated), but it is more useful than parktronic or a back-up camera in street parking situations.
You can buy an after-market dipper - but it requires cutting wires to install. Something I'm not quite ready to do.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:28 AM
1st Gear

Gallery
Quote:
$42k!?!?!?!
You americans are lucky to have such a low price on cars... have been on holyday in Florida sevral times and one thing that always surplices me is the car prices.

Here in Norway my Countryman Cooper S All4 had a price of approximately 106 000 USD, yes you read right, 106 000 USD... (Converted from NOK)

On the question on backup-camera I´ll agree that its a bit overkill.
My last car was a Volvo V70 and that did also only had parking sensors, and I newer had any problems whit parking it.
... well that at least my opinion

MINI Countryman Cooper S All4
JCW aero kit
JCW tail pipes
Chili red design kit
Old 05-18-2011, 08:30 AM
6th Gear

Gallery
Quote:
I have everything shy of park distance control. its possible. no warranties were added. For how techie this car is, its something I think could have easily been added and was left out.
So wait...you got everything but the backup help available and are complaining about the rear's lack of camera for help in backing up? Am I the only one that sees the irony here.
2010 CR/B MCCSa HK, USB/BT, LightInSight, 20% tint + sunroof, Black LED side markers, Black beltline, AC handles (4), PULSAR, shorty ant, JCW Grill Surround, and Hsport Comp RSB (25.5mm). Custom HornBlasters Conductor's Special 232 w/ 4 gal pancake tank. 2nd cat & resonator delete. PlastiDiped: headlight rings, inside of headlights, gas cap, wheels(R110), badges, scuttles, & exhaust tips.
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon, Thunder Grey Chromaflair, all options but sunroof.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:19 AM
4th Gear

Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperX35 View Post

Here in Norway my Countryman Cooper S All4 had a price of approximately 106 000 USD, yes you read right, 106 000 USD... (Converted from NOK)
That's why I didn't buy a CM Cooper S, my Cooper D stopped the clock at 64,000 USD. Makes me sad that the Norwegian taxpayers are ****ing timid bastards and follow whatever the propaganda the govt feeds them, Norwegians are like sheep being led to slaughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperX35 View Post
On the question on backup-camera I´ll agree that its a bit overkill.
My last car was a Volvo V70 and that did also only had parking sensors, and I newer had any problems whit parking it.
... well that at least my opinion
Mine to, my wife's car is a 2010 V70, she has no problems with parking either.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:45 PM
1st Gear

Send a message via AIM to CAMOTOY
Gallery
wow, i just learn the edges of my car and dont worry about it. i think people are getting to lazy about there cars. people want all these damn things, park assist, rear view cameras bla bla. give me a car with HP, a good seat and good handling
Old 05-18-2011, 03:54 PM
2nd Gear

Gallery
I agree that the use of the passenger side mirror...and moving it down helps with backing up...and I having the parking assist in the Countryman. The difference it seems, is that compared to my 08 MCS, the passenger side mirror placement doesn't provide as much visibility. I notice I don't get as much up/down movement as the drivers side mirror.

So far, it hasn't really been a problem... but it just takes a little longer to park.

Mostly, I'm looking forward to the rain easing up here in NYC so I can put more forward motion in gear...
Old 05-18-2011, 05:33 PM
2nd Gear

Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMOTOY View Post
wow, i just learn the edges of my car and dont worry about it. i think people are getting to lazy about there cars. people want all these damn things, park assist, rear view cameras bla bla. give me a car with HP, a good seat and good handling
Agreed. Why on earth would you need a camera in a MINI? I couldn't imagine an easier car to park.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:25 PM
1st Gear

Gallery
You may just have to wait a year or two

http://wot.motortrend.com/nhtsa-prop...2014-9924.html
Old 05-19-2011, 03:57 AM
6th Gear

Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice Cooper View Post
Agreed. Why on earth would you need a camera in a MINI? I couldn't imagine an easier car to park.
Jeeze, Louise! Y'all need to lighten up and get a grip. Did it ever occur to anyone that parking conditions are different by location? You may have it easy in your (relatively) small town, but on the mean streets of the big city, things are different. If your area is known for high curbs, trash and garbage on the apron, a fondness for huge vehicles, tight parallel parking, cramped parking garages, deteriorated road surface, ect, ect, - - - well, you need all the help you can get. People who say they want a camera aren't any less of a MINI driver, they just want the tools that can assist in keeping their MINI safe and happy.

Sealy - Who's giving up the soap box now.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:12 AM
2nd Gear

Gallery
Well handled and well said Mr. Sealy. As a NYC driver, I concur.
Suffice to say as well, when all is said and done, many of us still
would not give up the overall pleasures of Mini ownership, despite our
desire for Mini to address various issues that keep
The Countryman from perfection.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:12 AM