R57 :: Cabrio Talk (2009+) Cooper and Cooper S convertible (R57) discussion.

R57 Windows Roll down with battery not charge well

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 06:45 AM
savagetone
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Windows Roll down with battery not charge well

Hello my R52 "The rascal" after the storm this weekend in Tampa had an issue starting when I first step into the car. I turn the key, the car barely cranked then the starter began to tic as if Battery has no charge. low cell i assumed and the front windows simultaneously roll down with the turn of the key ? has anyone ever experience this .I proceeded to boost The Rascals Battery and it started up right away. took it for a 10min drive to charge a bit and it struggle to start after i shut her off . then turn it on again and same issue windows rolling down and not cranking pass one turn .Anyway Boosted The Rascal once more and took it in to my local auto center. had the alternator and starter check they where fine, battery would not hold a charge so i Replaced the battery and all is back to normal just wondering if anyone else had this happen I am fairly still new to Mini's just wondering if anyone ever experience this and is this normal behavior for a dying battery? never had my windows going down unless holding the key buttons in .it just baffles me that the windows went down because the battery was almost dead.

Old 02-24-2017, 03:14 PM
MrElusive
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Windows probably roll down so that if battery is dead and the top is up, you can safely open and close the doors without damaging the glass.