R57 :: Cabrio Talk (2009+) Cooper and Cooper S convertible (R57) discussion.

R57 Driving lamps and switch location?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 07:55 PM
MrElusive
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Driving lamps and switch location?

Hi,

I apologize if this is not in the right section of the forum but I have think I have it right.

Anyways, I ordered a Cooper S Convertible today. Selected the Aftermarket option, Driving Lamps in Black because I think they look cool. Salesman told me the switch will be installed on the dash. I did not realize this so I am wondering, where does the switch go and how does it look? Can I choose where I want the switch installed?

Also, these lamps only work with the high beams. I am not going to back out of the option but what is the point of the driving lamps? Do they actually help out the high beams or should they only be used for fog/snow when there is no on-coming traffic?

Thanks,
MrElusive

Old 09-13-2014, 08:36 PM
MikewithaMini
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MrElusive
Hi,

I apologize if this is not in the right section of the forum but I have think I have it right.

Anyways, I ordered a Cooper S Convertible today. Selected the Aftermarket option, Driving Lamps in Black because I think they look cool. Salesman told me the switch will be installed on the dash. I did not realize this so I am wondering, where does the switch go and how does it look? Can I choose where I want the switch installed?

Also, these lamps only work with the high beams. I am not going to back out of the option but what is the point of the driving lamps? Do they actually help out the high beams or should they only be used for fog/snow when there is no on-coming traffic?

Thanks,
MrElusive

They are technically called Extra Driving Lights, so yes, they help out the high beams and are fairly bright. They should not be used in fog, same for high beams. Your fogs don't work with high beams, only low.

As for the switch, it is placed in the lower dash piece opposite side of the steering wheel from the key slot. The whole piece is replaced with one of the same color which has a whole in it for the switch. The switch has a little green indicator light in it. Note #3.

Old 09-14-2014, 06:17 AM
MrElusive
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ah, perfect, that explains everything. Thank you very much!