R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 JmTurbos crank case vent delete?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 05:48 PM
dawgscj7
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JmTurbos crank case vent delete?

Back story. I have a 2010 JCW. Im currently running a catch can and Seafoaming it frequently. It still looks nasty after 3k miles. So after some research I ordered the cheap plug kit from JMTurbo Coopers.

Link:
http://m.jmturbocoopers.com/N14-Cran...ni-Cooper.html

Has anyone done this? Experience with this? Am I missing a write up somewhere? Thoughts and concerns welcome. Please brainstorm away NAM and post all volumes of your accumulated knowledge of N14's. This car is going to get lots of track time as well as still pull DD duties as well, so reliability is absolutely paramount.

Thanks in advance folks,
CHEERS!!!

Old 04-17-2015, 05:55 PM
Lostideas
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pretty common in the Peugeot world and slowly making way into MINI world there are a ton of old threads about it.

http://www.ecstuning.com/ES2101889/

Just N18 block off plugs. Works pretty well with a catch can.

Old 04-17-2015, 05:56 PM
dawgscj7
2nd Gear
Is there an install thread anywhere?

Old 04-17-2015, 06:31 PM
Lostideas
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 04-17-2015, 07:16 PM
Systemlord
6th Gear
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts
What's not caught by the OCC is trapped in your intake plumbing (intercooler). It's a bandaid sulution, I don't want oil in the intake plumbing. The oil vapors will still be drawn into the combustion chamers. If it worked as well as the claims you would see everyone with who has an N14 also have an OOC installed. The thing you have to ask yourself is why doesn't "everyone" run an OCC.

Old 04-17-2015, 07:57 PM
SPRINTCARS
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Systemlord
What's not caught by the OCC is trapped in your intake plumbing (intercooler). It's a bandaid sulution, I don't want oil in the intake plumbing. The oil vapors will still be drawn into the combustion chamers. If it worked as well as the claims you would see everyone with who has an N14 also have an OOC installed. The thing you have to ask yourself is why doesn't "everyone" run an OCC.
I could get into a seriously detailed explanation of whats going on with this vacuum being taken off the engine. But i wont. However, if there was an easy installation system to restore the vacuum to the amount of vacuum as the engine was designed for, but yet not circulate it through the intake system. It would be the best thing to do to attempt to cure the problem with these motors. It has to do with whats happening with the oil ring and compression rings in these motors. Theres an amount of vacuum on the crankcase for a reason. Can it run just fine with an OCC and a delete system. Yup, sure will. But with a few race motors we've built and dyno'd, we had low tension 1.2mm rings and 14" of vacuum inside the motor for a reason. I honestly think, if you could restore factory vacuum as it was designed from the factory to the engine crankcase without running it back through the intake system. You will cure the intake valve issue and oil consumption issue as well as keeping the rings sealed. Just my opinion. I will be considering my options for this new motor i've built before i start standing on the gas peddle creating high boost again. Its worth investigating atleast.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:25 PM
Systemlord
6th Gear
What's not caught by the OCC is trapped in your intake plumbing (intercooler). It's a bandaid sulution, I don't want oil in the intake plumbing. The oil vapors will still be drawn into the combustion chamers.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:50 PM
SPRINTCARS
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What's not caught by the OCC is trapped in your intake plumbing (intercooler). It's a bandaid sulution, I don't want oil in the intake plumbing. The oil vapors will still be drawn into the combustion chamers.
You must have missed my point. Your not even using the intake system anymore to create the vacuum. Therefore its totally dry.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:19 PM
Systemlord
6th Gear
I think I double posted, this post above was never meant to be posted. It was in fact part of the post above, oops.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:49 PM
Indimanic
4th Gear
Check my post on this. I have a system where I can dial in vacuum as needed and completely bypass/cutoff dumping crank gases back into the induction but I do loose vacuum under full boost when tracking and cutting off the turbo inlet vacuum source.
At that moment I just allow it to vent to atmosphere.
I'm not convinced you need all that much vacuum all the time.