R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Madness motorworks

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 03:36 PM
LZRBLUE
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Madness motorworks

Posted this in the suspension thread also but nobody responded.
Anyway has anyone else had any issues with madness motorworks? I find it hard to believe I'm the only one..

Old 04-17-2015, 03:43 PM
Ghetto Mr Bob
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What sort of issues?

I fired them an email asking about a product months ago and never heard back. Not sure if that counts but that's my experience with them.

Old 04-17-2015, 04:17 PM
LZRBLUE
2nd Gear
Ordered their 22mm rear sway bar near the end of last month. Sent an email a couple days later asking about shipping info. 6 days after the order was placed received a response that the item was on back order and that it would be shipping by the end of the following week, and some nonsense about it being spring break and under staffed..

Finally 3 weeks after the item was purchased I received it via UPS. The order was also incomplete missing the new sway bar bushings and the zinc plated steel brackets.

I paid over $50 for expedited shipping, and after multiple emails the "president" responded "Just sent you the bushings 2 day air. Sorry for the error".

No mention of the new sway bar bushing brackets Also no response to my complaint of the expensive shipping and taking 3 weeks to deliver.

Needless to say I won't be using them for any future upgrades to my mini.

Old 04-17-2015, 04:20 PM
Ghetto Mr Bob
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'd have to say stick with Way Motor Works or ECS. They're both pretty reputable around here and.

Sorry to hear about all your hassle..sounds like they have communication issues within the company or something.

Old 04-17-2015, 04:37 PM
LZRBLUE
2nd Gear
I've dealt with both ECS and Way motor works before. My own fault thinking I was going to save a few bucks somewhere else!

Old 04-17-2015, 05:49 PM
dawgscj7
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ran in to the same issue with their autosportmode module. backordered and they didnt seem to give 2 ***** either.

Ive dealt with Way Motor Works for years now and they always do right by me. If its not in stock they call within the hour. Quality folks.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:53 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,966 Likes on 1,766 Posts
Thanks for the support.

We are here to help and if you have a question you can always contact us or PM me.

www.ecstuning.com

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 05-22-2015, 03:12 PM
IslandJCW
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
I ordered sway bar and lower stress bar....while sway bar arrived...stress bar is MIA...I've tried to contact them several with no avail!

I want to believe that they actually care about their customers...but I'm starting to wonder if they do?

If I cant get a response the next couple days...I will need to process a Credit Card Charge back

Unfortunately being a Canadian Customer we are limited as to whom we use for certain products

Old 05-25-2015, 03:12 PM
Melangell
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Never heard of Madness Motorworks.

Old 05-25-2015, 08:05 PM
IslandJCW
2nd Gear
Madness Motorworks is a BMW / MINI Repair and parts shop in Beaverton, Oregon.
They were formerly known as MINI Madness but I believe they had to change their name due to copyright issue with BMW

They are well know here in the Pacific Northwest...and "where held in high regard" even up here in western Canada.
They where a great source for MINI aftermarket and their own parts for modding MINI's

It's too bad but it looks like they no longer care...as I'm finding out

Old 05-26-2015, 12:43 PM
pirranah
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever get my parts. Not sure what sort of time frame to expect, but it's been a couple weeks since the order.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:33 PM
IslandJCW
2nd Gear
I finally got a hold of shop....didn't get an answer at first as the only guy in the shop could not help.

I asked to get called back or emailed from someone who could help and George did get back to me via email.
In my case, the delay is claimed to be from a new manufacturer of item that shop has moved to.

The delay is over a month...so in the end a 6-8 week delay from when I ordered.

I'm ok with the wait but I think that MM would be better served to work on communication with customer and let them know up front of any possible delays or back orders...giving customers the option to accept timeline or cancel order.

Old 05-26-2015, 10:08 PM
scott13
2nd Gear
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I have used ECS Tuning for maintenance of my MINI and couldn't be happier with them.

Old 05-27-2015, 05:39 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Thanks scott13

Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 05-28-2015, 08:09 AM
IslandJCW
2nd Gear
Thumbs Up to ECS Tuning!

As I'm navigating through a less than ideal online shopping experience with one vendor I wanted to pass on a positive note regarding another.

Needing to continue the work on my JCW MINI, I needed to order a few small parts.

Having placed an online order last night...I forgot to include two small items.
A quick online chat with ECS Tuning and they gladly updated the order to accommodate my mistake and edit order (to minimize shipping costs)

After experiencing what I had been with one Vendor, I'm glad to also send out a positive note and endorsement to another. ECS Tuning have always been great to deal with, communicate clearly, pack shipments well and most importantly for those of us outside of the US (I'm in Canada eh), they offer their services to us Car Enthusiasts up North.

Thanks Guys

Old 05-28-2015, 08:20 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Thanks Island JCW

BTW we love the JCW's and thanks for the orders.

Old 07-17-2015, 06:50 PM
IslandJCW
2nd Gear
I wanted to do a follow-up on this older thread.

The last time I posted a comment here I was working through a delayed order with Madness Motor Works and putting another order together with ECS Tuning.

I felt let down by MM and was giving accolades to ECS tuning.

In the end…. George and MM got things together and completed the order as promised. Other than a bit slower than desired communication and timeline, MM came through and Im happy with products received.
On the other hand, the order I placed almost 8 weeks ago from ECS Tuning has yet to ship out. The order included a JCW shifter **** that I was really excited to add to my car and was offered on sale.

Week after week ECS kept changing the ship out of date due to a wait on a couple of items …most importantly to me, the JCW Shifter ****. My communications with them verified that despite a delay, they would fulfill the entire order..including the shift ****. So I continued to wait.

Today I find that despite the weeks of waiting and ECS promising compete order fulfillment, they send out an email that they would no be sending out the shifter **** due to supply issues.

Though this may sound trivial, my trust in their promise to fulfill the order (they had weeks to tell me otherwise) cost me the opportunity to obtain the shifter **** from another source (at the same discounted price that ECS was offering) which is now no longer available through my other parts supplier. Disappointing for an item that was needed to complete a project.

So I guess, it is Madness MotorWorks that came through as promised and it will be ECS that cost me both time and a lot more money to source the shifter **** elsewhere....if I can even find one!

Last edited by IslandJCW; 07-17-2015 at 10:22 PM.