R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Mini Goodwood

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 07:51 PM
roalco
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ian's right, just do it, it's a smokin' deal, and dead sexy!

Old 12-30-2012, 04:10 PM
Ian Fraser
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Kurtster
Boy, that's what I'm paying for my JCW Coupe. If I'd been able to get that at the start of November, I might have changed my mind. Damn sexy MINI that Goodwood is. Oh well. I pick up my Coupe next weekend. I'm sure I'll enjoy it.
Nothing wrong with a JCW I have a JCW Clubman as well. I just love the more edgy nature of the JCW especially when the sports button is pressed.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:09 AM
ucla95
1st Gear
How does the interior stand up to normal life? (Jeans, etc.)

Last edited by ucla95; 12-31-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:31 PM
Ian Fraser
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ucla95
How does the interior stand up to normal life? (Jeans, etc.)
Our Goodwood does not have a normal life. We have had it since May and it has only been out for Club runs. No dark clothing is allowed in the car. No shoes are worn from the outside, there are driving shoes in the car. The shoes we wear to get to the Goodwood are bagged when we get in.

We have a Land Rover Discovery 4 (LR4) it has a light leather interior and it has dye transfer from dark clothing like jeans and it cant be cleaned off.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:44 PM
NoHoR56
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Ian Fraser
Our Goodwood does not have a normal life. We have had it since May and it has only been out for Club runs. No dark clothing is allowed in the car. No shoes are worn from the outside, there are driving shoes in the car. The shoes we wear to get to the Goodwood are bagged when we get in.

We have a Land Rover Discovery 4 (LR4) it has a light leather interior and it has dye transfer from dark clothing like jeans and it cant be cleaned off.
You could also do what my grandparents did with their furniture and cover everything in your Goodwood in clear vinyl plastic. That way it will be in perfect shape when you die.

Old 01-01-2013, 04:52 AM
Rgoodwin
4th Gear
I couldn't live that way. When I was a kid a neighbor kid invited me over. His mom made me take off my shoes to go inside. Ha, I didn't go back even though she served cool aid and cookies!

Old 01-01-2013, 11:52 AM
roalco
1st Gear
Because of the level of interior/exterior finish, our dealer had already had our Goodwood treated with the Cilajet line of products. Seems they also warranty the job, including the lambs wool mats!!!
No issues so far, but staining/soiling is more of an operator choice issue.
Of course, like any leather/wool interior, we expect to have to care for it, and for it to develop a patina of character over time.
It's our choice to use it and love it, and yes, we normally keep our vehicles for a long time.

Old 01-01-2013, 03:22 PM
Ian Fraser
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Rgoodwin
I couldn't live that way. When I was a kid a neighbor kid invited me over. His mom made me take off my shoes to go inside. Ha, I didn't go back even though she served cool aid and cookies!
It can be a pain getting in the Goodwood but it only comes out once a month so it's no big deal really. I have the all black interior of the JCW to be a grub in.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:38 AM
Will Freeman
Neutral
Picking up Goodwood today!!

Very excited to pick up my new Goodwood today! Got an amazing deal on it ($15K off). A beautiful mix of sporty and luxury!

Old 01-07-2013, 12:41 PM
Ian Fraser
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Will Freeman
Very excited to pick up my new Goodwood today! Got an amazing deal on it ($15K off). A beautiful mix of sporty and luxury!
Welcome to the Goodwood family is it going to be a daily driver?

I am surprised that Mini USA discounted the car so much. It cant make the buyers who paid list price too happy. Great for you but down the track this will impact resale values.

In Australia all the Goodwoods sold quickly I am not sure if any were discounted. I brought 2 cars on the same day so there was good deal with just over $5000 off the Goodwood. From what I understand mine was one of the first delivered in Australia.

The next challenge for you is to get the build sequence number. Mine was number 108 of the line.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:25 PM
roalco
1st Gear
Congratulations Will, and welcome to the Goodwoods!
You're right, it is a wonderfully subtle blend of luxury and sport, and flies completely under the Bling cultures radar ;-).
It does remind me of my fern grey '74 XJ12L in that regard, just quietly posh, with amazing reserves of performance, and it's not really until you get enfolded in it that you start to see what it's all about.
Say Ian, how does one go about finding the build sequence number?
Ross

Old 01-07-2013, 10:17 PM
Ian Fraser
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by roalco
Congratulations Will, and welcome to the Goodwoods!
You're right, it is a wonderfully subtle blend of luxury and sport, and flies completely under the Bling cultures radar ;-).
It does remind me of my fern grey '74 XJ12L in that regard, just quietly posh, with amazing reserves of performance, and it's not really until you get enfolded in it that you start to see what it's all about.
Say Ian, how does one go about finding the build sequence number?
Ross
Ross

First port of call for your number is your dealer. They will have a contact at Mini USA who talks to the factory. Give them your vin and ask them to contact the factory and get sequence your car was off the line.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:24 PM
Ian Fraser
3rd Gear
Will

We are waiting for photos and the delivery report.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Will Freeman
Neutral
Hi Ian,
I hope the big discount does not reflect on the value of the model. Not sure why they have been sitting in showrooms in the States. My understanding is that they have sold quickly around the world, yet slowly here at home.
Will

Old 01-08-2013, 04:41 PM
roalco
1st Gear
I can only see that as a very temporary condition, until the last few are sold (in the states). I think most that bought them (worldwide) realize that they are good value for money, a fun, distinctive little luxury car, and are not particularly worried about the last few being discounted. Don't forget, when they are finally sold out, there will be no more.
Carrol Shelby had a hard time selling his first few years of cars at just over $3000, look at them now.

Old 01-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Ian Fraser
3rd Gear
Hi Ian,
I hope the big discount does not reflect on the value of the model. Not sure why they have been sitting in showrooms in the States. My understanding is that they have sold quickly around the world, yet slowly here at home.
Will
I think short term the discounting would affect values but who would want to sell a Goodwood at the moment?

I believe in many markets they sold very quickly. From what I understand in Australia 8 were sold to pre orders before the Goodwood even landed here. Mine was an impluse buy because it was on the floor when I was buying a JCW Clubman.

This isn't my first limited edition Mini, back in 1978 Leyland Australia released a limited edition Mini there were only 400 built. It was 1275 LS Mini it was the only Australian Mini to have 12 inch wheels back in the day these were $4900 new you can't even buy a rusty one for that money now.

NOTE: I have asked the Admins here for a dedicated Goodwood section. I think its going to take more of us asking to see it happen. Please all Goodwood owners contact the admins and ask for a Goodwood section.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:02 PM
Will Freeman
Neutral
I hope you are right, Ian. I will contact the administrator about a Goodwood section.

Old 01-18-2013, 03:14 AM
Ian Fraser
3rd Gear
Have any of you guys managed to get your build sequence number?

Old 01-18-2013, 07:34 AM
roalco
1st Gear
I asked our dealer to look into it the day after you gave out the info, and he just emailed yesterday to say that MINI Canada is still investigating it with BMW corporate. Fingers crossed!

Old 01-18-2013, 04:56 PM
Will Freeman
Neutral
Ian,
I will see the dealer tomorrow and check into the build number.
Will

Old 01-20-2013, 04:52 PM
roalco
1st Gear
Got the word from MINI today ( on a Sunday, no less!), our build number is #281 (of 1000) worldwide.

Old 01-20-2013, 05:09 PM
Ian Fraser
3rd Gear
Got the word from MINI today ( on a Sunday, no less!), our build number is #281 (of 1000) worldwide.
That's 108, 376 & 281 accounted for. 997 to go.

Old 01-20-2013, 05:24 PM
roalco
1st Gear
Now that (997) is a good Mini Cooper number!

I had a 997 cooper engine that I was going to fit into my 1961 850, so many, many years ago.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:59 PM
Ian Fraser
3rd Gear
Now that (997) is a good Mini Cooper number!

I had a 997 cooper engine that I was going to fit into my 1961 850, so many, many years ago.
Cant wait to get to 970 that is another very cool engine size.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:38 PM
Ian Fraser
3rd Gear
Just asked BMW/MINI again about the Build Numbers for the Goodwood and got another no... Sigh..!

Here is something for you to check. Find a car detailer who has a paint thickness gauge this is an ultrasonic device that can measure how thick your paint is. My Goodwood based on accepted industry standards is on average only half the thickness you would expect and way short of a quality Rolls Royce paint job. The only place the paint is close to be industry standard is on one door that was clearly damaged and repaired before delivery.

Quick Reply: R56 Mini Goodwood