R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 The OFFICIAL Bayswater Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 07:02 AM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
How is everyone's scuttles holding up? My keep peeling. I've had to replace them three times. Gonna suck when my warranty is up.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:21 AM
E30 Memorial
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TrueEddie
How is everyone's scuttles holding up? My keep peeling. I've had to replace them three times. Gonna suck when my warranty is up.
I gave up on replacing defective parts with defective parts. New out of the box they're peeling.

This Guy is my new friend.

Last edited by E30 Memorial; 09-23-2016 at 08:30 AM.
Old 09-23-2016, 01:55 PM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
That's probably the way to go. It's obvious they aren't making an effort to correct the issue. I just had the driver's side Bayswater door sill come up too. I have to go complain about that tomorrow.

Old 09-26-2016, 08:31 AM
Phocine
2nd Gear
Mine aren't in danger of falling off but they aren't fully attached. I guess I'll be investing in some gorilla glue too if the replacements have the same issue.

Old 09-27-2016, 01:57 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,965 Likes on 1,765 Posts
I have seen them peal a little on the edge, but not fall off. Little dab of glue should fix that.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 09-27-2016, 02:35 PM
Phocine
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ECSTuning
I have seen them peal a little on the edge, but not fall off. Little dab of glue should fix that.

ya that's where I'm at right now. Just a bit of peeling on the front corners

Old 09-27-2016, 09:09 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
R56 Bayswater

Originally Posted by xSpartanCx
Hey guys! Finally got my exterior sorted out to how I like it, so I'm ready to post my pics. Now I just need to gather the courage to do a joey mod...

Great graphics and color highlights. Definite head turner, congrats!

Drive Hard. Drive Safe. Keep Grinning.

Old 12-12-2016, 10:28 AM
Phocine
2nd Gear
So it's been a few months of ownership, I figured I'd update you guys on everything I've done to my bayswater. List of mods is in my signature

Old 12-12-2016, 10:32 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Congrats on the upgrade, should change the sound and feel for sure.

Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 12-12-2016, 09:12 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
R56

Great job, looks very clean. I'm sure you will enjoy the V3 Sprint Booster!

Old 12-13-2016, 06:07 AM
Phocine
2nd Gear
Congrats on the upgrade, should change the sound and feel for sure.
Originally Posted by Mini Mania
Great job, looks very clean. I'm sure you will enjoy the V3 Sprint Booster!

Thanks! The sprint booster makes the mini feel like how it should have come from the factory. Definitely worth the money.

Old 12-13-2016, 09:44 AM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
That exhaust looks nice

I have a sprint booster and JB+ which really made a difference. I also have a Helix FMIC, but to be honest if I could go back I would probably not get it. I just don't really notice a difference in my everyday driving of the car with it.

My NM strut bar also made a noticeable difference, the front of the car is so much more planted then before.

I would love to get a rear sway bar like you did. Do you feel like it makes a difference?

Overall your mods look great, congrats!

Old 12-13-2016, 11:23 AM
Phocine
2nd Gear
Thanks! The reason I haven't done an fmic yet is because I'm still wondering if it will really benefit me a lot.

I've considered a strut bar but I need to find one that works with the ddmworks intake.

Unfortunately for me I already had my rsb, end links, and coilovers ready because I was gonna put them on my justacooper so I never really drove the bayswater hard until I put everything in. It's planted in the corners and is very responsive, I have everything set to the most extreme too and it's actually surprisingly still comfortable. My only problem is I still have a clunking noise when I go over small bumps that I thought the end links would have solved

Old 12-13-2016, 01:51 PM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
Any way you put your sway bar on upside down and it's hitting the bottom of the car thumping? I think someone did that in another thread.

Old 12-13-2016, 01:56 PM
Phocine
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt
Any way you put your sway bar on upside down and it's hitting the bottom of the car thumping? I think someone did that in another thread.
I sure as hell hope not, I would feel like a complete idiot if so.

It sounds like the clunking comes from each corner not just the back of the car. Like if I go over a speed bump at an angle, I'll hear one back corner and then another. I put the end links on nice and evenly and followed all the instructions included and adjusted accordingly.

Someone had suggested to me that perhaps I didn't torque my strut tower nut down enough, which I believe is completely possible, I just haven't had the time to pull the rear suspension out again to check. So that will be my first stop once I have the time to.

Old 12-13-2016, 02:43 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
tie rods?

Old 12-14-2016, 04:05 AM
mbwicz
6th Gear
Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
I think that the rear sway bar is symmetrical and shouldn't matter which way it is installed (I put mine on so that you could read the sticker). It actually does rub the body in the middle (there is a little extra seam sealer in one spot), but it was a squeak not a bump (I put grease on it and the squeak went away). The RSB has been quiet.

My old car had lots of knocks and noises, I had a front strut mount loosen and a end link was loose.

I honestly didn't notice a difference with my FMIC either, but I'm sure it didn't hurt on the one track day that I did.

Have fun,
Mike

PS. This was just an excuse to track this thread, since now I'm 'in the club' with my 2013 kite blue MCS Bayswater. Woo Hoo!

Old 12-14-2016, 01:00 PM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
Originally Posted by mbwicz
PS. This was just an excuse to track this thread, since now I'm 'in the club' with my 2013 kite blue MCS Bayswater. Woo Hoo!
Welcome to the club

Old 12-14-2016, 01:08 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
The Bayswater is a great has some great options and I really like the interior. Great club to be in.

Old 12-14-2016, 02:09 PM
Phocine
2nd Gear
The Bayswater is a great has some great options and I really like the interior. Great club to be in.

The bayswater was the first mini out of dozens I've sat in that really made me feel like I was in a luxury car (go-kart). The piano black plastic and the anthracite headliner is awesome and gives you a real stealthy feel

Old 01-23-2017, 04:14 PM
Bill-SD
1st Gear
I just joined the Bayswater club last weekend. I don't have to tell you guys, but this little car is a BLAST! I agree with Phocine, it's like a luxury go-cart.

Still learning to navigate NAM. Is there a section where people organize drives or get togethers? I've done those with BMW groups and it's always a good time. I'd love to do that with other Mini owners also.

Attached Thumbnails The OFFICIAL Bayswater Owners Club-mini.jpg  
Old 01-23-2017, 04:16 PM
Bill-SD
1st Gear
Why is my car upside down?!?!

Old 01-24-2017, 06:14 AM
Phocine
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Bill-SD
I just joined the Bayswater club last weekend. I don't have to tell you guys, but this little car is a BLAST! I agree with Phocine, it's like a luxury go-cart.

Still learning to navigate NAM. Is there a section where people organize drives or get togethers? I've done those with BMW groups and it's always a good time. I'd love to do that with other Mini owners also.
Originally Posted by Bill-SD
Why is my car upside down?!?!

Lol! Why indeed. I don't know if NAM does a lot with organizing drives other than Mini takes the states, or minis on the dragon. A lot of the meets I go to are organized locally through facebook groups. There is a section on this forum for regional clubs though

Old 02-02-2017, 05:36 PM
Tommy Kardinal
2nd Gear
I can't tell you how much I want to buy a set of the wheels these things come with. But I have a Justa and although I love it I'm constantly looking for an S to replace it with, and I don't wanna drop wheel money cash on something a) I'm not gonna get my money back on when I sell and b) don't even know if I could use the wheels on the new car since it might be an f56 and not r56. but damn they look so, so, so good

Old 02-09-2017, 03:18 PM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Tommy Kardinal
I can't tell you how much I want to buy a set of the wheels these things come with. But I have a Justa and although I love it I'm constantly looking for an S to replace it with, and I don't wanna drop wheel money cash on something a) I'm not gonna get my money back on when I sell and b) don't even know if I could use the wheels on the new car since it might be an f56 and not r56. but damn they look so, so, so good
Yep, they definitely helped encourage me to get my Bayswater.

Quick Reply: R56 The OFFICIAL Bayswater Owners Club