MINI Cooper MINI Cooper specs

Go Back   North American Motoring > 2nd Generation MINIs > R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to North American Motoring !
Welcome to North American Motoring,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

» Latest Main Topics
Sway bar size????
by larmini
14 Replies, 251 Views
Mini Newbie
2 Replies, 127 Views
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2011, 08:02 AM
4th Gear

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gallery
Why don't my doors autolock when I put the car in drive?

2011 Mini convertible. I've read on a few threads that the doors are supposed to lock automatically when you put the car in gear. My last car did this. Any idea why my mini isn't doing this? Is this a feature that only comes with certain packages or is something not set up right in mine?
Old 04-25-2011, 08:13 AM
5th Gear

Gallery
It's a personalized setting Dependant on the key. Use the OBC button to cycle to Set/Info, the full writeup is in the manual.

Note: I have no idea about autos, but my manual locks on drive-away.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:16 AM
4th Gear

Gallery
Thanks. I did look in the manual and followed the instructions in there. It still didn't work although I suppose I may have followed the instructions wrong.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:51 AM
5th Gear

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Gallery
The instructions in the manual are a little cryptic. Did you have car running when you attempted to reprogram the fob? My 2010 won't reprogram unless the car is actually idling; if I recall correctly, the manual makes it appear you can do this after simply pressing the start/stop button without actually starting the engine. Your car is a 2011; if all else fails, return to the dealer and let your salesman assist you.
2010 MC (pure silver), JCW grill, Wipac stainless driving lights, Union Jack mirrors, DIY front and rear oem fog lights, Cooper S fuel cap, Union Jack scuttles, Helix short shifter, FES Auto Sport, NM torque arm, Alta 22mm rear sway.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:54 AM
6th Gear

Gallery
My doors lock when the car reaches 10 miles/hr.

Dave

Gifted shade tree mechanic
Old 04-25-2011, 09:08 AM
5th Gear

Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammodave View Post
The instructions in the manual are a little cryptic. Did you have car running when you attempted to reprogram the fob? My 2010 won't reprogram unless the car is actually idling; if I recall correctly, the manual makes it appear you can do this after simply pressing the start/stop button without actually starting the engine. Your car is a 2011; if all else fails, return to the dealer and let your salesman assist you.
My 11 required the engine to be on as well.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:42 AM
4th Gear

Gallery
Ok, got it figured out. Nothing like the controls in a new car to make you feel like an idiot. The instructions are definitely a little cryptic, at least to me, and what's shameful is that I work in IT and deal with technology and cryptic instructions on a daily basis so this makes me feel double stupid, but after some trial and error I got it working. The little symbols and icons they use in the settings are pretty much useless and not intuitive at all.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:57 AM
4th Gear

Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiGuitarMan View Post
Ok, got it figured out. Nothing like the controls in a new car to make you feel like an idiot. The instructions are definitely a little cryptic, at least to me, and what's shameful is that I work in IT and deal with technology and cryptic instructions on a daily basis so this makes me feel double stupid, but after some trial and error I got it working. The little symbols and icons they use in the settings are pretty much useless and not intuitive at all.
worse is the two settings for auto-lock are indecipherable. one looks like auto-lock and so does the other! when i realized that it still wasn't auto-locking, i toggled to the other setting and it did.
btw, anyone know whether or not you need to completely redo your settings if you were to pull your battery?
Old 04-25-2011, 10:39 AM
4th Gear

Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jomama View Post
worse is the two settings for auto-lock are indecipherable. one looks like auto-lock and so does the other! when i realized that it still wasn't auto-locking, i toggled to the other setting and it did.
btw, anyone know whether or not you need to completely redo your settings if you were to pull your battery?

My understanding is that most of these settings are stored in the key so they won't disappear if you disconnect the battery.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:44 AM
3rd Gear

Gallery
As a side note to this: If you have the MINI connected system, you do all (except auto wipers) the OBC settings through the screen. It has text to go with the icons so it's much easier to figure out.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:51 AM
4th Gear

Gallery
Quote:
My understanding is that most of these settings are stored in the key so they won't disappear if you disconnect the battery.
sweet! thanks for the info. not that i plan on doing any mods that require me to disconnect the battery any time soon, but this is good to know. losing all those settings/presets would kind of suck!
Old 04-25-2011, 11:54 AM
6th Gear

Send a message via AIM to MINIxB Send a message via MSN to MINIxB Send a message via Yahoo to MINIxB Send a message via Skype™ to MINIxB
Gallery
Quote:
Most of the settings are including radio stations and temperature settings on the Auto A/C

MotoringID: WHIP704
Bumblebee-1977 Leyland Mini 1000//Gone to her new home in Indy...
Artemis- 2009 Lightning Blue/White MCSa//Built: 10/28/08//Purchased: 08/15/09

Old 04-25-2011, 11:54 AM