R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Need help with a sale price for my R55 JCW

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 08:14 PM
Longjas
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need help with a sale price for my R55 JCW

Hello all - I certainly didn't see this coming but I am pretty sure I need to sell my beloved Mini. I priced it out on Autotrader.com and was shocked at the price. What do you guys think I could sell this car for?

Here are some details:

Chili red/black
Clean car fax

bilstein sport shocks paired with eibach sport springs (sold as a package on tire rack)
hawk brake pads
centric rotors
dos cai
factory wheels with run flats
17" mini wheels with snow tires
15% tint

stock nav
bluetooth
upgraded leather seats with the white pin striping
hyper sport oem body kit
comfort
cold weather
dual sun roofs
rear spoiler
stubby antenna
cravenspeed dip stick
led bulb fog lights
laminix yellow headlight and fog light covers
brand new battery
Oem Mini rubber floor mats
grocery bag tie down on rear seat back
Has false floor for trunk storage area
Newer water pump
timing chain replaced by Cincinnati Mini

And other maintenance items completed. Been serviced at Cincinnati Mini and the top German car service center in Cincinnati.

Old 01-03-2017, 01:17 PM
Capt_bj
OVERDRIVE
Received 281 Likes on 237 Posts
I'm guessing it priced out low in your opinion?

OK, you're not gonna like what I'm gonna say but it is honest and not intended as bashing.

You think all those goodies increase the value of the car. Well, if you find an enthusiast they might. But for the average buyer not only do they not add value but they can detract as the suggest they car was run hard.

A dealer is gonna give you the bluebook value based on the factory options, miles and general condition. With the mods, most dealer are gonna be at the low end or less of the KBB value.

part 2: the value of a used car is set when someone hands you $$. 'til then, everything is an estimate. I have a price I give when folks ask if my 79 is for sale. So far (years) no one has handed me that much cash. Is the car worth what I'm asking? Dunno, but if I sell it for less it WILL be worth that new number, on that day!

My brother just went thru the same drill with a Ferrari. He bought a used one planning to only keep it for 6 months (bucket list thing & no one would lease for that short a time). He figured it would be an easy sell .... he lost a big chunk of cash. He'd done a ton of research, but seems he was the only person that thought what he'd paid was a good price . . . he lost about what a 2 year lease would have cost.

so your choice is this

set a price and look for a buyer, but this may take a long time.

or if you need the money now, accept that KBB (low end) is probably the best you can do.

If there is a CARMAX near you they will give you a buy price in about an hour .... no cost and no obligation. I believe their # is good for a week.

Last edited by Capt_bj; 01-03-2017 at 01:24 PM.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:27 AM
bugeye1031
Received 80 Likes on 75 Posts
Capt_bj is right on.....

BTW, really like your R55....bought an '09 R55 JCW in Lightening Blue a few months ago with 57,000 miles with options similar to yours (but no aero, no nav, and Enkei wheels) from a VW dealer for $13k if that helps....I probably paid too much, but it was the car that I wanted....they purchased it at auction after another dealer sat on it for awhile...

Good luck.....hope you can find an enthusiast to keep it in the NAM family!

Old 01-04-2017, 10:08 AM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
Generally people who mod cars like to do it themselves, so agree with above points. Partial part out.

Old 01-09-2017, 08:56 PM
chav
4th Gear
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
I'm so jealous I love this car! But where did you get the lets motor sticker I want one!