R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 After a year

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 09:17 AM
TBRoye
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After a year

After almost a year of owning a CPO 2011 Clubman justa, I finally figured how to check the oil. Do it first thing in the morning after it has sat for 12hours. Went and checked it this morning before going to put gas it for wife(good excuse to drive it) found it was a pint down. By letting it sit overnight it allows the oil to drain off the dip stick tube. This car has been a learning experience. Coming from flat head Fords and Jimmy sixes and various engines through the years never prepared me for a modern (?) engine and car, like the Mini. It is a quirky little thing but fun to drive. Friends and Family have questioned my sanity in letting my wife buy it, when for the same money she could have bought an Accord or Camry or other nice American or import sedan. Very simple I told them if she wanted boring and nondescript she would have bought one To her the Clubman is her car, it's different and at 69 years old she can be different if she pleases. It doesn't get lost in the crowd unless there are taller cars around her. The quality is ok, no squeaks or rattles, little noisy on some roads no wind noise even at 80. We have good dealer who takes good care of her the couple of times it has been for service or repair. Glad it has the CPO warranty and extended service contract. So after a year alls good. I used it twice this month to make 2 round trip from Sacramento to Boise Idaho to pick Grandson and bring him back after a 2 week visit. 10 hours of driving each way and was comfortable and averaged 34mpg. Even did one blast up to 105 mph by the GPS rather the inaccurate speed just so he could feel 100 in a car. Very uneventful at 4500ft it took a while to get there but car was stable very controllable, didn't stay there long but long enough for him to see and feel it.

Tom

Tom

Old 08-24-2015, 08:41 PM
Mikli
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice write up. I'm new to the world of MINI as well. Glad most are enjoying them like us.