R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Please Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 12:51 AM
Tony Gutierrez
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please Help!!

I was trying to unlock the gage on my 2009 mini clubman and something went wrong lights started flickering only the left light will turn on the car wont start when i closed the door the the window wont go back up please help??

Old 04-25-2015, 03:23 PM
daddyandmadi
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How's the battery?

Old 04-29-2015, 09:17 AM
Tony Gutierrez
Neutral
Turns out it was the battery i charged it the same night and thank god it started working... But now i has the check engine light on and took it in to get checked it said multiple cylinder misfire... Since my girlfriend drives she has been putting in nothing but unleaded gas and the guy who checked it said it was because of that minis only take premium...but now we have trouble turning it on everytime we turn it on in the morning or any other time that it has not been use for over 8 hrs we have to try twice before it properly turns on...do you guys think it was because of the unleaded gas on it??

Old 05-05-2015, 11:20 AM
Jaque_Mate
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Gutierrez
Turns out it was the battery i charged it the same night and thank god it started working... But now i has the check engine light on and took it in to get checked it said multiple cylinder misfire... Since my girlfriend drives she has been putting in nothing but unleaded gas and the guy who checked it said it was because of that minis only take premium...but now we have trouble turning it on everytime we turn it on in the morning or any other time that it has not been use for over 8 hrs we have to try twice before it properly turns on...do you guys think it was because of the unleaded gas on it??
...were you putting in leaded gas before?

Old 05-05-2015, 11:53 AM
hsautocrosser
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Have you tested the battery? If not, ask your local parts store if they do it for free. A worn out battery can easily lose most of its charge in 8 hours.

If your 2009 Clubman is the base model without a turbo (not an "S" or "JCW"), regular gas will not hurt it. If it is an "S" model regular gas can damage the engine. Premium does not mean "leaded." Leaded gas of any grade will ruin the catalytic converter. If you don't have an owner's manual you can get a free digital copy at MINIUSA.com.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:39 AM
Flyinace2000
6th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Also, its pretty hard to find leaded gas.

Old 05-06-2015, 12:33 PM
TBRoye
4th Gear
You can still get leaded gas? Where? Not in California unless it airplane gas or racing gas and the maybe unleaded by now.

Tom