R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Starting issues 2011 clubman S

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 06:17 AM
Devoman
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Starting issues 2011 clubman S

Hello everyone.
I have had my Clubman for a while now and I am finally having an issue with it. My vehicle take a few more turns before it will start but everything is fine after that.nothing wrong with the car at all. Just starting it is the only problem. It's like as if the battery is low. I did have it checked prior here a couple weeks ago and it was low so we charge it up but it still took a few more turns before the engine would start. Would anyone have any possible idea as to what it could be. I do not want to take it to my dealer anymore. Trust is completely gone but I do have an awesome mechanic here that can do it. I plan to take it back to him to check again but I thought maybe with the experiences you all have encountered,I may find the solution faster and the mechanic can nip it in the bud right then and their. I appreciate all feed back. Thanks everyone.

Old 09-30-2014, 06:33 AM
rckrzy1
6th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Devoman
Hello everyone.
I have had my Clubman for a while now and I am finally having an issue with it. My vehicle take a few more turns before it will start but everything is fine after that.nothing wrong with the car at all. Just starting it is the only problem. It's like as if the battery is low. I did have it checked prior here a couple weeks ago and it was low so we charge it up but it still took a few more turns before the engine would start. Would anyone have any possible idea as to what it could be. I do not want to take it to my dealer anymore. Trust is completely gone but I do have an awesome mechanic here that can do it. I plan to take it back to him to check again but I thought maybe with the experiences you all have encountered,I may find the solution faster and the mechanic can nip it in the bud right then and their. I appreciate all feed back. Thanks everyone.
Wifes 2011 MCS did the same thing for about a month before the battery died, then had to fight MINI but eventually got reimbursed for a new battery. If your under warranty take it in now, just be prepared to hear USER ERROR , and then fight. Hopefully you don't have to like I did.