MINI Cooper MINI Cooper specs

Go Back   North American Motoring > 2nd Generation MINIs > R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to North American Motoring !
Welcome to North American Motoring,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

» Latest Main Topics
Ordered today!
39 Replies, 1,825 Views
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2011, 07:21 PM
1st Gear

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gallery
The P on Park stays lit on my Automatic. Normal?

This is annoying to me but I noticed on my Automatic 2011 Clubman that the P on the shifter stays lit even when I lock the doors and the key is out. Is this normal and does anyone else with an automatic notice this?

I know that it shouldn't drain the battery but it is annoying because I have been keeping my car in storage because of the snow and I have another car and don't drive it until the weather is nice. So the car is sitting without being started for weeks.

Thanks.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:36 PM
1st Gear

Gallery
I'm sorry. I figured it out after searching and searching about this. Admin, can you delete this thread.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:12 PM
Administrator

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Gallery
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorfish228 View Post
I'm sorry. I figured it out after searching and searching about this. Admin, can you delete this thread.
Mind dropping the answer here? It might make life easier when someone is searching for the answer down the road to the same question. (And I'm kinda curious cause I've noticed it before but never really worried about it too much)
Old 02-05-2011, 03:01 AM
1st Gear

Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor On View Post
Mind dropping the answer here? It might make life easier when someone is searching for the answer down the road to the same question. (And I'm kinda curious cause I've noticed it before but never really worried about it too much)
"Certain parts of the electrical system will stay on for 15/16 minutes after the car is turned off and the key is removed. one if these is the shift indicator lights(s). they will re-awaken with the lift of a door handle, turn of the key, trunk latch etc. it is normal."

I don't have an official answer from Mini but I believe this is used on most BMW cars as well which I have found and it probably is a feature to allow your accessories to run a little longer and than shuts everything off electrical after 16 minutes or so. Safety Feature.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:26 AM
Neutral

Gallery
"P" light

Thanks for that. I noticed the same thing on my wifes 2008 Club .
Old 02-11-2011, 04:26 AM