MINI Cooper MINI Cooper specs

Go Back   North American Motoring > 2nd Generation MINIs > R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to North American Motoring !
Welcome to North American Motoring,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

» Latest Main Topics
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2011, 05:01 PM
1st Gear

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gallery
Tool to remove rear wiper arm?

I'm trying to remove the wiper arm only temporary so that I can wrap the doors with 3m Wrap. I flipped the plastic cap off my 2011 Clubman S and removed the 13mm bolt. I tried moving the arm back and forth and could not remove the arm. Any suggestions?
Old 01-27-2011, 08:06 PM
4th Gear

Gallery
I removed mine to install the sports stripes last summer. Once the nut is completely removed, just pull on the arm. It will slide out

2013 Countryman JCW, Chili Red/Black
2009 Clubman S, Dark Silver/Black **sold**
2008 Clubman, Hot Chocolate/Silver **sold**
Old 01-27-2011, 10:06 PM
4th Gear

Gallery
well, if your lucky it will slide out...When i deleted my rear wiper on my 06 i used a pulley puller....worked like a charm and they are only 4-6bucks at auto zone!

death to flappy paddles
www.sigsv.com
Old 01-28-2011, 02:46 AM
1st Gear

Gallery
Thanks alot guys. I'm going to try again and use some WD-40 and than yank it abit. If not I'll take your suggestion and get that tool.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:03 AM
6th Gear

Gallery
Garage
If it's like the gen 1 MINIs, it's a tight fit. A puller or some other way to put
pressure on the shaft while pulling or prying on the arm will help.
MMC #186
Old 02-02-2011, 07:22 AM
3rd Gear

Gallery
Hope you figured it out by now! I recently watched someone take mine off, they flipped the cap and removed the bolt as you said... then had to wiggle and pull and gently pry with a large flat head to get the thing off.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:23 AM
1st Gear

Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by romille View Post
Hope you figured it out by now! I recently watched someone take mine off, they flipped the cap and removed the bolt as you said... then had to wiggle and pull and gently pry with a large flat head to get the thing off.
Thanks guys. I did figure it out. After removing the nut, I than pulled back and fourth and than it came out of the groves. It was easy and thank goodness I didn't need to buy any tools.

I wanted to remove the rear door handles but looks impossible so I'm scrapping that idea. Just wanted to wrap the doors with the 3m stuff. Oh well, at least I learned how to remove the wiper blades.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:14 AM
3rd Gear

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to herbie_53_guy Send a message via Yahoo to herbie_53_guy
Gallery
the rear handles aren't terrible, you just need to pull some of the interior bits off
Old 02-11-2011, 09:14 AM