R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 new here

Old 01-31-2016, 09:28 PM
GWillings
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new here

Just bought mine used a week ago. Runs like a top. No problems or issues, maintenance done at the dealership as all paperwork was with the car. All is stock.

Old 02-01-2016, 04:49 AM
sevin
6th Gear
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Awesome! I wish my wheels were that white...

Old 02-01-2016, 05:49 AM
GWillings
Neutral
They get dirty fast and easy, I just cleaned them up before I took the pictures.

Old 02-01-2016, 07:13 AM
bavmotors
6th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Painted arches nice

Old 02-01-2016, 07:19 AM
sevin
6th Gear
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by GWillings
They get dirty fast and easy, I just cleaned them up before I took the pictures.
Mine just have a bunch of baked on brake dust at this point so it's impossible to get them clean. You should put some wheel sealant on them when you get a chance. Poorboy's World makes some good stuff.

Old 02-01-2016, 11:54 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by bavmotors
Painted arches nice
+1 not very common. Looks great! Welcome and congratulations. How many miles are on her?

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 02-02-2016, 09:15 PM
GWillings
Neutral
102K on her, with all maintenance records. All maintenance done at the dealers. The wheels have curb rash on them as well, and need to be seriously cleaned. They wont come totally clean. May have to bring them in have the paint stripped, curb rash repaired, and then re-powder coated and sealed.

Old 02-03-2016, 05:01 AM
otto_my_way
1st Gear
Hi all,
I suppose this is just as good enough place to introduce myself and my new (to me) 2003 MINI Cooper S. I bought it this past Friday, cash. Transferred the insurance onto it, put the plates from my other car on it and started driving it. I sold my other car that this MCS replaced for $1000 to a guy, sight-un-seen, based on pictures I took back in September. He talked too much on the phone and didn't let me tell him that the engine had developed a hard knock and a vicious growl after it warmed up. Oh well, he'll find out soon enough.
My MCS was listed with 164k, but turned out to have nearly 166k. That's OK, it just helped with the negotiations, that and the fact that the interior had rarely, if ever, seen a damp wash cloth, let alone a vacuum cleaner. And would have hurt too much to wash the car first? It did have new tires, but required about a half a quart of oil before I could drive it away.
I'd always wanted a MCS ever since it came out in 2001 (in Britain). I drove a MINI One there and fell in love.
I've placed an order for parts for a decent service: synthetic oil and filter, intake filter, cabin filter, fuel filter, power steering reservoir "O" ring, wipers, front corner lenses (that fell off on the way home), headlight restoration kit, and the always important Bentley Service manual. I think that this is all a good place to start with making this car mine.
Love driving it: tight suspension, holds a corner and curve, gobs of power, comfy seats even for my 6'8" frame (still can't see if the red light turned green though).
I'm pleased to have joined this group. There seems to be a wealth of knowledge here without all the trash talking of some other marques' forums. I look forward to learning more about my car and the driving pleasure it is sure to give me.

Old 02-03-2016, 05:45 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,964 Likes on 1,764 Posts
Just bought mine used a week ago. Runs like a top. No problems or issues, maintenance done at the dealership as all paperwork was with the car. All is stock.

Welcome, the full painted look was quite rare as it was not factory but an option people did back in the day, looks very nice with the white wheels and white top.

I have white factory spyder wheels on my R52 MINI Convertible with white stripes.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 02-03-2016, 07:53 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
102K on her, with all maintenance records. All maintenance done at the dealers. The wheels have curb rash on them as well, and need to be seriously cleaned. They wont come totally clean. May have to bring them in have the paint stripped, curb rash repaired, and then re-powder coated and sealed.
If you do a quick Google search for a wheel repair shop in your area, they should be able to do all of the above. I've gone this route before for my wheels. It's about time to do it again as they need a little bit of love again.

Old 02-03-2016, 07:54 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Originally Posted by otto_my_way
Hi all,
I suppose this is just as good enough place to introduce myself and my new (to me) 2003 MINI Cooper S. I bought it this past Friday, cash. Transferred the insurance onto it, put the plates from my other car on it and started driving it. I sold my other car that this MCS replaced for $1000 to a guy, sight-un-seen, based on pictures I took back in September. He talked too much on the phone and didn't let me tell him that the engine had developed a hard knock and a vicious growl after it warmed up. Oh well, he'll find out soon enough.
My MCS was listed with 164k, but turned out to have nearly 166k. That's OK, it just helped with the negotiations, that and the fact that the interior had rarely, if ever, seen a damp wash cloth, let alone a vacuum cleaner. And would have hurt too much to wash the car first? It did have new tires, but required about a half a quart of oil before I could drive it away.
I'd always wanted a MCS ever since it came out in 2001 (in Britain). I drove a MINI One there and fell in love.
I've placed an order for parts for a decent service: synthetic oil and filter, intake filter, cabin filter, fuel filter, power steering reservoir "O" ring, wipers, front corner lenses (that fell off on the way home), headlight restoration kit, and the always important Bentley Service manual. I think that this is all a good place to start with making this car mine.
Love driving it: tight suspension, holds a corner and curve, gobs of power, comfy seats even for my 6'8" frame (still can't see if the red light turned green though).
I'm pleased to have joined this group. There seems to be a wealth of knowledge here without all the trash talking of some other marques' forums. I look forward to learning more about my car and the driving pleasure it is sure to give me.
Hello and welcome to NAM. Try posting up your own introduction thread instead of posting in someone else's. You can start your own in this section HERE. Click on "new thread" at the top.