R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Madness Motorworks Feedback Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 03:33 PM
works911
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Madness Motorworks Feedback Thread

Just wanna warn the potential buyer from terrible customer service at Madness Motorworks. I returned my LCA bushing brackets 6 weeks ago and still haven't give the core charge refund. They don't answer my emails as well.
So don't buy from them they run their business like idiots. They don't give a **** really.

Old 12-31-2012, 03:40 PM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
Wow.
They don't answer my emails as well.
Have you tried calling them?

Old 12-31-2012, 03:55 PM
works911
2nd Gear
I did but no answer so ain't gonna bother calling or else I'd have to give them crap over the phone. But you understand I ordered everything online and not on the phone?? And it went quickly and now that I need a refund they're MIA. If I have to call them again to sort this out it will be last resort. 6 weeks since my first email and no answer. Plus when my friend had a question about an item they just responded "correct". No "Hi" or "Thank you". Thanks for giving a **** about a potential buyer Wtf.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:09 PM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
I can understand your frustration. Keep in mind I am not defending them as I am all about customer service. It has been the holiday season. Maybe someone from there will see your post and maybe then they will contact you to straighten it out. Good luck

Old 01-03-2013, 08:48 PM
Tobz
1st Gear
I just purchases some items from them and had great service. Delivery was even quicker than he quoted. I called them a couple times with tech questions before ordering, and they anwsered promptly and couldn't have been more helpful. I would suggest picking up the phone.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:22 PM
tweiss8
2nd Gear
I had a similar situation when I asked a polite question via email, it wasn't snarky but it was real sort without a lot of info, similar to a text message response. I can't say much else about them as I have not currently ordered anything from them.

Old 01-04-2013, 05:07 PM
martinb
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
The downside of a texting society......people don't develop (or lose) the skills to make complete sentences and write full, expressive responses. Sigh............

Old 01-05-2013, 06:09 PM
steelz21
1st Gear
Originally Posted by martinb
The downside of a texting society......people don't develop (or lose) the skills to make complete sentences and write full, expressive responses. Sigh............

You got that right, the art of conversation is dying.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:30 PM
gerry2153
4th Gear
Originally Posted by works911
Just wanna warn the potential buyer from terrible customer service at Madness Motorworks. I returned my LCA bushing brackets 6 weeks ago and still haven't give the core charge refund. They don't answer my emails as well.
So don't buy from them they run their business like idiots. They don't give a **** really.
Why don't you just call them. . . .

Old 01-05-2013, 08:33 PM
works911
2nd Gear
I did...

Old 03-14-2013, 04:48 PM
polepino
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
All I can say is, if you call and you get George Mehallick(owner) he's usually very pleasant and willing to work with you as a customer. I can't remember how many times I've called over the years sounding like a bumbling idiot customer and by the end of the conversation he's usually calmed me down and smoothed things out.

Old 03-14-2013, 05:43 PM
Densmini
3rd Gear
Yeah, the art of...wait, what was I saying? Never mind.

Old 03-14-2013, 05:48 PM
ZippyNH
6th Gear
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
Look at how many MONTHS AGO the OP posted....

Old 03-14-2013, 06:20 PM
Melangell
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
After several threads, it seems that this George Mehallick is skipping out. I say forget him.

Old 03-14-2013, 06:34 PM
daflake
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by polepino
All I can say is, if you call and you get George Mehallick(owner) he's usually very pleasant and willing to work with you as a customer. I can't remember how many times I've called over the years sounding like a bumbling idiot customer and by the end of the conversation he's usually calmed me down and smoothed things out.
I've bought from George on several occasions and still have the parts on my car. However, as of late, he is cutting corners and not responding. I had to badger him to refund my money for bushings that didn't even fit and it is the only size bar he sells. To add insult, I had to cover my own postal costs to send it back so that I could at least get the 40 bucks (way overpriced) that he was charging. Bottom line is that I won't even recommend him at this point.

George, if you are reading these thread, you're sinking yourself.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:19 PM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Sinking himself on several threads. Maybe he has gave up on the MINI scene.

Old 09-02-2014, 12:32 PM
MINI-Madness
Former Vendor
Hi All, I wanted to chime in here and say how sorry I am that we seem to have dropped the ball for one of our customers. It is never our intention to alianate anyone.

We have been open for almost 13 years and we definately went through some growing pains last year. We hired a new Master Technician who comes with over 25 years of experience, we moved shops to a more central location and we also hired someone to manage our online presence. As a small shop owner it has become increasingly difficult to juggle the shop and online orders but over the last six months we have tailored our operation to make sure online orders are managed by one person so that they get the priority they deserve.

We have been remiss in the past with keeping up with our online presence but as you can see we are now trying to reply to peoples input. OP if you would like to contact me directly at tonib@madnessmotorworks.com I would like to make sure that anything that is outstanding is now taken care of.

We very much appreciate our customers and I hope that this is reflected in our current business practices.

Old 09-02-2014, 05:58 PM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
1 1/2 years later. WOW is all I can say.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:02 PM
CornerHugger
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was surprised to see this thread. I have always had good experiences with Mini Madness as a business. I have also come to learn that the owner, George, is one of the few straight-shooting r53 information resources still available, at least in the states.

I have the pleasure of living near the physical shop. It's a small shop with typically only two and sometimes only one employee working on a given day but there is a large amount of knowledge, passion, and loyalty to the Mini.

I'm betting the OP was rightly frustrated and had a bad experience but that isn't worthy of discounting their quality parts and continual contribution to the scene.

Old 09-03-2014, 05:31 AM
jamez
5th Gear
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Braminator
1 1/2 years later. WOW is all I can say.
True, but gotta give him credit for intentionally reviving a zombie thread that may be viewed as making him look bad.

Unfortunately not many go on to the interwebs to say good things about places. Hopefully their current customers are all out happily motoring.

Old 09-24-2014, 01:18 PM
jsquaredkim
2nd Gear
I dropped my car off this morning...he gave me a ride to the nearest train station, so that was nice.

Old 09-24-2014, 01:51 PM
ForcedFed4
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought a few things from them, generally got a very condescending vibe from George. The technician that I talked to was very knowledgeable and helpful but George always came off as kind of a *****. I have stopped doing business through them now after they avoided and ignored fixing a mixup on my last order from them. Never returned phone calls or emails (same treatment the OP recieved), and when I went in to see them, couldn't even find my order info in their system... Why pay high end and receive terrible service?

I go to a different shop in Portland for all my needs and they have always been very helpful and quick to respond even when they may not have what I was looking for. I will never do business through them again. It shows how much they value customers when it takes them a year and a half later to respond... I do notice the email he provided is not George so hopefully they have someone else doing customer service...

Last edited by ForcedFed4; 09-24-2014 at 02:01 PM.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:19 PM
jsquaredkim
2nd Gear
interesting, I just picked up my car but George never seemed that way (condescending/*****), always offered advice on the phone and today in person. best wishes and I want an excursion again...hmmm

Last edited by jsquaredkim; 09-24-2014 at 05:27 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:02 PM
sossol
Neutral
Originally Posted by MINI-Madness
Hi All, I wanted to chime in here and say how sorry I am that we seem to have dropped the ball for one of our customers. It is never our intention to alianate anyone.
Mini-madness, are you still on NAM? If so, please contact me about my core refund. I've emailed George/you at every address I can find, but haven't gotten a response since mid-December.
Now I am become alienated.

Old 01-31-2015, 06:26 PM
zamfield
3rd Gear
Unlucky 13 (years) perhaps?!!

Quick Reply: R50/53 Madness Motorworks Feedback Thread