Navigation & Audio Profile setting w/ConnectedXL

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 05:38 AM
RhoniT
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Profile setting w/ConnectedXL

When I picked up my 2016 Clubman back in Aug. the dealership had this young guy, they referred to him as 'The Geek'. Well, 'The Geek' paired my iPhone, went over a few things and sent me on my way. The one thing he said was, 'you can load your personal music onto your profile setting via a thumb drive'. SOLD!! My iPhone 6S doesn't always want to pair with my car, because I live somewhere between BFE & ten-buck-two. So, I loaded everything from my iTunes on to my cute little Mini thumb drive. Took said thumb drive to my mini, inserted thumb drive and nothing. Back to computer to check thumb drive, yep music there. Back to mini, tried once more, nothing still. Anyone ... Someone, please help.

Old 01-19-2017, 07:25 AM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
Did you try another USB? Does it play from the USB and not offer to store the files or does it not play at all?

Old 01-19-2017, 08:11 AM
RhoniT
1st Gear
The USB plays on my computer from the stored files. Just not in my car.

Old 01-19-2017, 08:35 AM
RhoniT
1st Gear
I'll be trying another USB. Never thought to do that.

Old 01-22-2017, 06:22 AM
umberto
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
does anything at all come up when you plugged in the thumb drive?

when i loaded my entire itunes onto a teensy thumb drive it looked like it would not work at all as there were no playlists listed and only one playlist came up...dang ...but then playing around, while a track in that one lone playlist was playing, using the control **** to scroll to 'music search' when i clicked on 'playlists' , it was empty....nothing ...but then figured out that if i clicked on 'browse directory' directly, rather than all the drop down choices, all the playlists were there and play fine ...except that i cannot fast forward or rewind on a track which is annoying, but i like having my entire itunes easily available

Old 01-22-2017, 10:14 AM
RhoniT
1st Gear
Finally figured it out. Realized 1-I wasn't loading the music I was only loading a screen copy of the playlist. deerrr 2-formatted the USB to FAT, set as a default, not exFAT or FAT32. I had to Google, how to load iTunes onto thumb drive. A few videos came up.
Once I had the music on the USB, I went to the car turned the ignition on, without starting. Went into Media, choices on screen were - music collection - external devices - tone, went to external devices- the top choice on the next screen is a USB symbol, plug in the USB and wait for it to read. Then go down on the left side the symbol that looks like a floppy disc, select that. And check mark came up and it started loading my music. The music started playing, wait for the check mark to go away, it flashed something along the lines of it is all loaded.
Because the USB would not hold all the music I had in my iTunes collection, I took the USB back to the computer deleted all the music I had on it, reloaded more music, went back to car and repeated the process. So happy that it no longer has to pair with my phone each time I get into the car!! Because I live in BFE sometimes my service is little to none and I no longer have to wait the 30 mile trip to suberbera to have my music play from my phone. And all the skip ahead buttons both on the steering wheel and the screen all work!!
Hope this helps others! And thank you to all for the advice!!!