Navigation & Audio MINI Connected Troubleshooting

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 03:43 PM
Niccolo_Machiavelli
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MINI Connected Troubleshooting

My setup: I have a 2015 Countryman with a snap-in adapter that houses my iPhone 5S, which I use as a dedicated device for the MINI.

The snap-in adapter is great, as it tucks the phone away nicely and allows you to access your playlists and everything via the console. However, it's a bit flaky, to say the least. Here are a couple of common issues I've discovered, and my workarounds. Please share your own if you have found better solutions or are experiencing other issues.

1. Phone is connected and track info, album art, playlists etc. are showing up (including progress bar for currently playing track) but no sound is coming out: take the phone out of the dock and plug it back in. This usually fixes it.

2. Phone is plugged in and charging, but shows as "Not Connected" in the audio menu: the only way I've found to fix this issue is to shut off the phone and restart it. This is pretty drastic, but seems to work. Just quitting apps or taking the phone out of the dock and plugging it back in doesn't work. The only thing I've found to work is to restart the phone completely.

3. Sound is staticky: update the MINI Connected app to the 3.1 version. This fixed this issue for me.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you've had some of these issues and have found better solutions, I'd love to hear them.