Navigation & Audio Is it possible to mirror iPhone display to mini connected?

Old 09-27-2012, 03:33 PM
Fesljummet
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, i do have the " cradle " inside the armrest already, and i tried the feature a minute ago and, as you said, i didn't work.

So tomorrow ill buy the y cable! Anyone who has an reliable source from ebay to buy this y cable ( that works )?

Can u use the joystick to navigate the iphones " home screen" when mirroring?

Old 09-27-2012, 03:44 PM
jbat66
4th Gear
You will buy a bunch of cheap ebay cables, then buy the dealers. You may want to just get the dealers first.

If you do ebay, make sure the headphone jack part has four rings.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:18 PM
TPA_StormCooper
2nd Gear
I really do not want to jailbreak my iPhone are there any other options for me? I can not even figure how to get video to work while parked with the dealer cable. What is the downside to jail breaking your iPhone?

Old 11-19-2012, 06:30 PM
countryman-s
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love my jailbreak and I have had no problems. I have done several coworkers phones with no problems. I did have problems trying to jailbreak the iPhone 3. I'm not getting a 5 because I love my very customized 4s that is soooo cool. Cydia has as much apps as the app store. It's GREAT! I have no solutions for mirroring other than jail breaking. I will upgrade to a 5 once a untethered jail break is available. Untethered is the key to no problems:thumbsup

Old 11-19-2012, 06:37 PM
MotorWorf
4th Gear
They'll eventually come out with the untethered Jailbreak.

Let us know when/where you find it.

Thanks

Old 11-19-2012, 06:50 PM
TPA_StormCooper
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by countryman-s
I love my jailbreak and I have had no problems. I have done several coworkers phones with no problems. I did have problems trying to jailbreak the iPhone 3. I'm not getting a 5 because I love my very customized 4s that is soooo cool. Cydia has as much apps as the app store. It's GREAT! I have no solutions for mirroring other than jail breaking. I will upgrade to a 5 once a untethered jail break is available. Untethered is the key to no problems:thumbsup
Ok can you point me in the direction to a site where I can how to jailbreak my phone. I am currently using a 4 with iOS 6.0.1

Old 11-19-2012, 07:34 PM
bratling
Super Moderator
Received 217 Likes on 151 Posts
Originally Posted by TPA_StormCooper

Ok can you point me in the direction to a site where I can how to jailbreak my phone. I am currently using a 4 with iOS 6.0.1
http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

You should be able to do a tethered jailbreak with iOS 6.0.1. Read everything; you are cracking the phone's security by exploiting flaws in the code. In other words, do your homework because you will be running with scissors

(I have jailbroken every iPhone I've owned... Except the 5, which hasn't been broken into yet.)

Sent from my iPad using NAMotoring

Old 01-10-2013, 08:51 AM
Golgotha
Neutral
Hi, i've read thru the posts in this thread and decided to try it out.

However i've encountered a peculiar issue. When i connect my iphone to mini connected, it shows up as an external device and not as an external display. Hence while i can do a mirror display, the strange thing is, it works only when i go into the video option in MINI Connected.

Once i start to drive off, it will simply display the warning message and cut off the display.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks

Old 01-10-2013, 08:53 AM
TRIPLE_O
2nd Gear
Your car has to be coded for video in motion so it works while you are driving.

Originally Posted by Golgotha

However i've encountered a peculiar issue. When i connect my iphone to mini connected, it shows up as an external device and not as an external display. Hence while i can do a mirror display, the strange thing is, it works only when i go into the video option in MINI Connected.

Once i start to drive off, it will simply display the warning message and cut off the display.

Thanks

Old 01-10-2013, 08:54 AM
threar
4th Gear

Thanks
Are you using the external devices (meaning "mp3 players") or the MINI Connected Plugins menu for this? I believe if you go to the MINI Connected Plugins, that's where you can mirror the display (even without ViM set via coding).

Old 01-10-2013, 08:58 AM
Golgotha
Neutral
Originally Posted by threar
Are you using the external devices (meaning "mp3 players") or the MINI Connected Plugins menu for this? I believe if you go to the MINI Connected Plugins, that's where you can mirror the display (even without ViM set via coding).
I'm using the the external devices. I don't seem to be able to locate MINI Connected plugins. I'm not familiar with MINI Connect, this is my 1st MINI and got it a couple weeks ago.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:04 AM
Golgotha
Neutral
I think i found the answer. I don't have MINI Connected! Where the "Globe" icon is, all i have is some bunch of help numbers of my dealer.

Guess that's cos MINI Connected is not available here. I can only access my phone via the "Multimedia" selection :(

Old 01-10-2013, 09:17 AM
threar
4th Gear
I think i found the answer. I don't have MINI Connected! Where the "Globe" icon is, all i have is some bunch of help numbers of my dealer.

Guess that's cos MINI Connected is not available here. I can only access my phone via the "Multimedia" selection :(
Interesting, I didn't know it came as a separate option; I thought if you had the big display then you had MINI Connected. Can you not use any of the functions from the MINI Connected iPhone App?

Old 01-10-2013, 09:29 AM
Golgotha
Neutral
I thought so too. And , nope I can't use any of the MINI Conmected Apps, each time I try to connect it will fail. The only app working for me would be the web radios but that works cos I'm connected to 3G.

Perhaps the only way is to do a VIM coding :(

Old 02-06-2013, 11:37 AM
JMinner
Neutral
Jailbreak iOS 6 Here

Follow this link to jailbreak your iOS 6 devices.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:56 AM
joshknot
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by JMinner
Follow this link to jailbreak your iOS 6 devices.
Now let us know when DisplayOut is updated to support iOS 6 and we'll finally be able to take advantage of this...I feel like I've been waiting forever for the JB, and to find out that DisplayOut wasn't yet supported just smacked me in the face.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:02 PM
Sliksunny
2nd Gear
ya i jailbreaked just to find out display out is not supported for ios 6.1!!! damnit need this fixed asap

Old 02-06-2013, 12:36 PM
JMinner
Neutral
According to an earlier post, DisplayOut from Cydia was written by Ryan Petrich. Someone should contact him and get an ETA on his next update.

Now that the JB is out, I would assume he would be updating it soon, but who knows.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:39 AM
ZaliZoe
2nd Gear
Displayout has been updated but the video is not visible on connected plug in.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:49 AM
ZaliZoe
2nd Gear
The point is that actually it works from the external devices and not through the plug in interface.
I don't know why.
I tried with a jailbroken ipad (ios 5.1.1.) and it works in both ways.
Suggestions?

Old 02-08-2013, 08:26 AM
mikecalgon
1st Gear
Get my iPhone 4 iOS 6 jailbreak.
Displayout 1.6.9 installed.
Will try it tomorrow. Interesting topic. Thanks

Old 02-08-2013, 01:20 PM
pidge1114
Banned
I was reading about this today. I was under the impression that Display Out worked with the jailbreak but none of the Rotator hacks worked yet with iOS 6 so the system would turn on its side. But from what I understand, Display Out was supported by IOS 6.

I would like to get confirmation on this before I buy it though.

I tried to install SBRotator (as part of SBSettings) but that has not been updated yet.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:56 PM
ALex Reyen
1st Gear
I just installed everything on my Iphone 4 with IOS 6 for Video Out. All i get is a flicker for half a second. I can see the Iphone screen for half a second then it disconnects the video out. I still get audio, but no video...

Has anyone ran into this issue? Is it something i need to configure? I would love to get this working for long trips with the kids..Would be a life saver!

I also have a Iphone 5, but that phone is almost useless when it comes to anything but Pandora and the Connected App. Nothing else works.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:39 PM
mikecalgon
1st Gear
I confirmed displayout 1.6.9 works with my iPhone 4 iOS 6.1.
Sbrotator not updated. You have to rotate iPhone by yourself.
To Alex , you may protend to play a video on your mini connection.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:32 PM
dharvey1221
2nd Gear
So how did u get it to work? I have iPhone 4S, jailbroken. Installed display out. Seems every time a video plays display out is giving a warning to use the internal app not display out? If you got it to work are you using any other apps with it?

I have tried external and through connected. With display out on it says please install compatible device. I tried to downgrade the latest firmware update on the car but that didn't make a difference.

Any suggestions would be great! So close

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Navigation & Audio Is it possible to mirror iPhone display to mini connected?