Navigation & Audio Bring your GPS and favorite CD or MP3. This is where navigation and audio options for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Navigation & Audio Show Your iPod Installation

Old 04-15-2010, 01:10 AM
prsnkty
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gang, I'm looking for a local shop that can install a simple Aux jack for my iPod. I'm in the Bay Area (No Cal) and a good referral would be invaluable. Dealer wants to charge over $450 for parts & labor. I'd rather rip out my dash on my own (which I can't do) than pay that much.

I've been reading through many posts to find a shop, but there's so much valuable info here, I just haven't run across it yet ...

Any referrals??

Old 04-15-2010, 07:56 AM
joe_bfstplk
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by prsnkty
Gang, I'm looking for a local shop that can install a simple Aux jack for my iPod. I'm in the Bay Area (No Cal) and a good referral would be invaluable. Dealer wants to charge over $450 for parts & labor. I'd rather rip out my dash on my own (which I can't do) than pay that much.
$450? Wow.
For that kind of $$, I'd be tempted to drive up from Phoenix and do it for ya....

I've seen the instructions in another thread here, and it looks like it's not hard at all to get in there and plug it in. Try searching on "aux jack" and you'll probably find it. The dash doesn't need to be pulled all apart. You can sneak your hand in around the left side if you just undo the knee panel under the steering wheel, IIRC.

C ya,
Dutch

Old 04-28-2010, 03:17 PM
m_bisco
2nd Gear
Hey guys!
What should i use to connect my iphone to my alpine 9853 deck??

Old 06-08-2010, 08:55 PM
madmike007
4th Gear
Old 07-05-2010, 02:04 PM
krishnika
2nd Gear
My iPod mount

Here are pictures of my ipod nano mounted on the dashboard using the Soundgate M2 mount. The wiring is temporary since I need to return the iSimple adapter, but I am pleased with the mount so far.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:37 PM
Goop
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
DICE iPod integration kit install

Link to the install.
http://rides.webshots.com/album/579381913SBJMwy

Old 02-08-2011, 10:52 AM
SkylerO7
1st Gear
My head unit controls the iPod without needing to touch the iPod itself. Because of that it sits in the glove compartment--completely out of sight. It's very nice and clean! I'll post a pic later.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:47 PM
.minimalist
1st Gear
.minimal

i like to keep the setup clean. Sound is crisp, full ipod control from headunit and/or a small remote.

Kenwood KIV BT900

Old 04-08-2011, 06:20 PM
Goop
1st Gear
Got a DICE ipod/iphone interface few months back. Install was easy. Posted to webshots, but here's the final. Very convenient having full control from the steering wheel and still be able to use the iphone mounted on the dash.
http://rides.webshots.com/album/579381913SBJMwy

Check it out!

Old 11-18-2011, 01:57 PM
LILYisatig3r
3rd Gear
Goop, I see that you have steering wheel controls. Can you control the music with the buttons?

Old 11-18-2011, 04:32 PM
Goop
1st Gear
Yes, I can control the volume and rewind/forward.

Old 11-19-2011, 12:00 AM
LILYisatig3r
3rd Gear
Do you have a link to where you bought that interface? I'm wondering if it will work with my MINI =/ The OEM part is soooo expensive.

Old 11-19-2011, 03:00 PM
Goop
1st Gear
DICE Silverline Pro does not work with iPhone 4S

I recently determined that my DICE Silverline Pro is NOT compatible with my new iPhone 4S. DICE suggested kindly recommended I upgrade to their current model the DICE Silverline Duo at a discounted rate.

I'll be upgrading soon enough. I expect all I'll need to replace is the control unit under the passenger foot well.

http://diceelectronics.com/duo-integ...rius-mini.html

Old 06-19-2012, 04:24 PM
RideSolo
1st Gear
Installed iSimple today; could not be happier!

I got my iSimple today. The install went perfectly and it worked instantly. I managed to get a "new in the box" iSimple on eBay for $31 plus shipping (). It may not be the most high end unit of its type but it does what it's suppose to do, sounds good, and, in my case, the price was right. One try of an FM transmitter-type unit convinced me that avenue wasn't going to work though it was nice that the name of the song and artist was displayed on the head unit display. I can heartily recommend the iSimple interface.

Old 03-09-2013, 09:20 AM
jwiley
1st Gear
Originally Posted by RideSolo
I got my iSimple today. The install went perfectly and it worked instantly. I managed to get a "new in the box" iSimple on eBay for $31 plus shipping (). It may not be the most high end unit of its type but it does what it's suppose to do, sounds good, and, in my case, the price was right. One try of an FM transmitter-type unit convinced me that avenue wasn't going to work though it was nice that the name of the song and artist was displayed on the head unit display. I can heartily recommend the iSimple interface.
I just got my iSimple from Crutchfield yesterday. While I didn't score your awesome price I'm just glad to be able to have something that I can play my tunes with.

My question is about cable routing. I connected the iSimple to the rear quarter panel (where the satellite radio unit used to be) and I'm now trying to figure out the best way to route the cable either to the glove box or to the cupholder area.

Any tips?

Old 03-10-2013, 02:24 PM
RideSolo
1st Gear
Originally Posted by jwiley
I just got my iSimple from Crutchfield yesterday. While I didn't score your awesome price I'm just glad to be able to have something that I can play my tunes with.

My question is about cable routing. I connected the iSimple to the rear quarter panel (where the satellite radio unit used to be) and I'm now trying to figure out the best way to route the cable either to the glove box or to the cupholder area.

Any tips?
I wasn't able to get the cable fished through behind the panels so it would come out under the back seat by the seat belt mount like I wanted to, so i brought it out under the lid for the trunk side panel hole and then down under the back seat. I also wanted to fish it under the carpet and have it come up and run under the center colsole trim. For now it just runs from under the back seat and between the passenger seat and the center hump. There is excess cable so that's looped under the back seat. I have Weather Tech mats so it stays tucked down beside the mat and then up to the center console. I made a thing out of hardwood that sits down into the driver's side cup holder for it to sit on. If the weather gets nice enough for me to get the interior cleaned up I might past a pix.

Old 03-16-2013, 12:02 PM
AllBlack05S
4th Gear
if you can get it up to the headliner that's the most direct route to the front then down the a pillar to the dash

Old 03-16-2013, 02:09 PM
TT - Up
1st Gear
ScanGaugeII / Phone/ GPS / Radar Mounting

ScanGaugeII / Phone/ GPS / Radar Mounting w/ Coupe Sunroof view ...

http://www.blendmount.com/ Radar Mount Mirror Tap 1000/2000

http://www.cravenspeed.com/ W mount for ScanGauge and SmartPhone

http://www.mountek.com/ For Garmin GPS or other accessories ...

Less than one hour total installation once everthing arrived ......

Gauge Mount installs with Sunroof view ...

Gauge Install:

Old 04-23-2013, 07:41 PM
ninja turtle
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by RideSolo
Amen - I came to the same conclusion - I figured spending 300-400 for a component plus installation didn't add up for the little use I'd give it - I went to Best Buy and found the same item, the iSImple - went to Amazon to check customer reviews and found that at least 90% of the users found it ok - at the same time I saw Amazon had them for under 25$ plus 4.00 shipping - so I asked the Best Buy person if they priced matched - he said yes - after about three minutes on his computer he said the best I can do is 24.00 plus tax - I said deal -

Went out to my car - set it up and it works perfectly - yes, I'll have to occasionally fuss with changing frequencies - big deal - I can live with it

Old 05-12-2013, 11:58 AM
soon2b
2nd Gear
My forum search skills are lacking - but my old ipod nano (gen3) is getting ready to bite the dust. I've a new nano on order and they now have Bluetooth. Anyone here know if the Bluetooth to stereo will work w/o having MINI connect?

If not, I will be ordering a lightning to 8pin adapter and hardwiring it in the old fashioned way.

EDIT TO ADD:
Never mind. More searches and select option to show posts, not threads yielded this info:

[SIZE=5]Sealy[/SIZE]
6th Gear
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Gallery
Yes, you can. Matter of fact, if I can anyone can. Hundreds of posts and threads if you do a search of the forum. Here's a couple.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.com...ing-setup.html

https://www.northamericanmotoring.com...connected.html

Last edited by soon2b; 05-12-2013 at 12:03 PM.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:27 PM
c0op3r
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
iPhone - ProClip - Media Bridge

Here is my install:

the mount is from ProClip

the Interface is a AudioVox Media Bridge

and I used a Belkin USB cable instead of the extension that the MediaBridge comes with, as it was black and a little thicker cable, the media bridge is actually on top of the Radio.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:26 AM
joe_bfstplk
5th Gear
Originally Posted by c0op3r
What MINI variant do you have that has those gauges in the center spot? I haven't seen that one before....

C ya,
Dutch

Old 12-08-2013, 08:33 AM
astroBlackMetallic_Mini
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
THose gauges are the chrono pack option.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:46 AM
joe_bfstplk
5th Gear
Originally Posted by astroBlackMetallic_Mini
THose gauges are the chrono pack option.
Ah, k, the one with the dual gauge on the steering column. I hadn't looked that far inside one of those.

It's a nice looking gauge set! Still, though, with the "normalization" going on with the water temp gauge on mine, it makes me wonder about how much the oil pressure or temp data might be "massaged" as well on the Chrono gauge set.

I'm glad to have the ScangaugeII reading me the real number...

C ya,
Dutch

Old 12-09-2013, 07:46 AM
c0op3r
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Media Bridge on Sale

Just a note if anyone is considering the iPod/iPhone Intergration route, that ECS Tuning has them on sale:

http://www.ecstuning.com/News/MINI_C...idge_Sale_2013

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Navigation & Audio Show Your iPod Installation