Navigation & Audio Bring your GPS and favorite CD or MP3. This is where navigation and audio options for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Navigation & Audio Location for R52 Audio interface for HK

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 10:20 AM
slshearer
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Location for R52 Audio interface for HK

I'm pulling my hair out and I can not find the wiring for an MCS R52 Convertible 2006 My mini cooper s has Harmon Kardon sound system (speakers) + navigation. I want to add an grom mp3 player to it by connecting through the cd wiring.

Someone said it it's in the truck on the passenger side above the wheel ( like it is in a regular Cooper S)but I can't figure out how to remove the carpet on the side of the truck. This is a convertible so I don't have the panel like the non convertible models do.. I have carpet on the side of the truck. I removed the carpet plug but that was for changing the taillight, what do I remove next to remove the carpet on the side to get to the wiring?

Another forum said it's behind the rear passenger seat belt?

Old 11-28-2016, 10:58 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,966 Likes on 1,766 Posts
Just sent you a PM back.

It's behind the rear panel carpet on the right hand side behind the cd changer( if you have it) in the picture.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...cs-wanted.html

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172