Navigation & Audio Bring your GPS and favorite CD or MP3. This is where navigation and audio options for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Navigation & Audio Any installers available?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 05:39 PM
dansaf
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any installers available?

Hey Folks,

Not sure if this is the right area to post this so please excuse me if it isn't.

Looking for someone to install front/rear speakers +tweeters, as well as a new deck. My expertise and tools are limited. Located in Santa Cruz, CA but willing to drive within reason if someone is willing and able. A shop in San Jose quoted me $300, I thought it was a little steep considering I will have the deck, speakers, harness, antenna adapter, dash kit, and speaker size converter bracket. All that would be needed is whatever wiring the job takes.

This isn't a rushed gig as I'm still awaiting the arrival of some parts. Hope to hear from someone in the area!

Old 11-02-2016, 07:36 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
Thats not a crazy price if it is an experienced installer. If you want someone to hack it up I bet you can find it cheaper.

Old 11-02-2016, 07:45 PM
dansaf
1st Gear
Really? I guess I just didn't expect that kind of ticket for what needs to be done.

Old 11-02-2016, 08:20 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
I just had some work done $75 hour. He told me 2 hours, took longer and he did a meticulous job. I gave him $225.

Since you are supplying all the parts they get zero profit on that. What happens if they do the install and it doesn't work properly? Since it isn't what they supplied you are going to be in a bad situation potentially.

Btw, being in San Jose means more money. I'm in Portland so rates are lower generally.

Old 11-02-2016, 08:51 PM
dansaf
1st Gear
Appreciate the insight. I thought it would be closer to what you paid. I understand the risk of supplying my own parts. I just have a screaming deal on these speakers that I can't pass up.

They also probably aren't too stoked that they can't make money on the parts, like you said. Gotta make up for it somehow. I'll treat my first quote more seriously but it's still a chunk.

Old 11-03-2016, 05:37 PM
dansaf
1st Gear
Btw will I have an issue installing the tweeters in this set by Kicker? Will the tweeter grill/door panel fit over it? Tweeters are .75 in

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_2064CSS654/Kicker-40CSS654.html?tp=106&awkw=75639887425&awat=pla&awn w=g&awcr=155682616289&awdv=m

Old 11-16-2016, 02:40 PM
matt@bavsound.com
1st Gear
Originally Posted by dansaf
Hey Folks,

Not sure if this is the right area to post this so please excuse me if it isn't.

Looking for someone to install front/rear speakers +tweeters, as well as a new deck. My expertise and tools are limited. Located in Santa Cruz, CA but willing to drive within reason if someone is willing and able. A shop in San Jose quoted me $300, I thought it was a little steep considering I will have the deck, speakers, harness, antenna adapter, dash kit, and speaker size converter bracket. All that would be needed is whatever wiring the job takes.

This isn't a rushed gig as I'm still awaiting the arrival of some parts. Hope to hear from someone in the area!
Is Costa Mesa too far for you? This place does excellent work:

http://www.methodsound.com

Let me know how I can help!

Old 11-16-2016, 06:06 PM
dansaf
1st Gear
Your suggestion is much appreciated. Costa Mesa is about 370 miles south of me. I'm going to try to install the deck myself.

The speakers are another story...

I hope it's pretty straight forward.