Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio Please help with iPod USB AUX + channel swap

Old 07-27-2015, 08:13 PM
SOPUN
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please help with iPod USB AUX + channel swap

Hi guys! I am an absolutely newbie to Mini R55!
I am from Russia, Moscow! But right now i've moved to Miami!
I can't understand one little thing! I've purchased 2013 Clubman Hyde Park edition, the car has Radio Boost, and the AUX and Usb under the window switches, it also has a bluetooth and it shows ipod sign in MODE menu, BUT recently i was able to play music only from flash drive or radio, it doesn't see my 5gen ipod with OEM Apple cable, neither my iPhone 6+ with OEM lightning cable, it always says the cable is wrong on the radio display.

Guys please tell me, is there any way to make this thing play my iphone music, showing playlists and metadata on display of a car using multifunction stwheel??? or i should forget bout it?)) Plus ne more thing, is there any plugnplay accessories on US market for the channel switch? or is it possible to do it somewhere close to MIA?

Thank you!

Old 07-27-2015, 09:31 PM
natpark1
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man those Hyde Park Editions look sweet, congrats.

I had the same issue when trying it with my Clubvan. Mine came with a cable in the glovebox that hooked up into the iPhone/iPod via the old 30 pin connector and then split off into both the aux input and the USB of the car. After I hooked that up (to an old iPod) it worked. I'd assume that it would work with one of the 30 pin to lightning adapters as well, but I haven't tried it. I did order the Lightning version of the adapter and it's working well now.

Hope this helps and again, congrats.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:33 PM
a2oc
3rd Gear
you need the bmw/mini ipod, iphone cable. Its a cable with usb and 3.5mm to a 30pin/lightning connector.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:03 PM
SOPUN
Neutral
Originally Posted by a2oc
you need the bmw/mini ipod, iphone cable. Its a cable with usb and 3.5mm to a 30pin/lightning connector.
Thank you, very very much, and can you tell me if is it possible to buy it on amazon? And will i understand if it is oem or not?

Old 07-27-2015, 10:21 PM
a2oc
3rd Gear
best bet might be your local bmw/mini dealer or the online vendors who specialize bmw/mini parts if you want the oem stuff.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:24 PM
SOPUN
Neutral
best bet might be your local bmw/mini dealer or the online vendors who specialize bmw/mini parts if you want the oem stuff.
I have looked through several links now, and still cant understand, the 30 pin-usb/aux cable goes with controls from radio and steering wheel, but the lightening cable goes like it is two cables usb-lightning and aux/aux, and they say, that the volume only is controllable, so i am bit frustrated 8/

Old 07-27-2015, 10:29 PM
a2oc
3rd Gear
the cable plugs to your car's usb and 3.5mm jack, and the lightning or 30 pin goes to your phone depends what you got. then you can control ur phone via steering wheel or the radio. and if you are going to buy the cable, go to ur local dealer's part dept to ask which one you actually need as there's a couple different cable for different options depends on the car and phone

Old 07-27-2015, 10:41 PM
SOPUN
Neutral
the cable plugs to your car's usb and 3.5mm jack, and the lightning or 30 pin goes to your phone depends what you got. then you can control ur phone via steering wheel or the radio. and if you are going to buy the cable, go to ur local dealer's part dept to ask which one you actually need as there's a couple different cable for different options depends on the car and phone
Ок thanx