Navigation & Audio Bring your GPS and favorite CD or MP3. This is where navigation and audio options for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Navigation & Audio oem aux cable install! (DOH!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 05:30 PM
seanchris16
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oem aux cable install! (DOH!)

so I ordered my aux cable and finally got it today. went to do the install and of course I did not realize everything used torx(DOH!) thankfully my garage has everything(both uncles and my grandfather are or were mechanics) and I found the size I needed.

so after taking the bottom park of the driverside dash off, I went to loosen the screws that held on the plastic that blocked the radio..

this is where I had a problem, for some reason everywhere I looked, and every video I watched the plastic was supposed to just drop down ever so easily.. yet it didn't. as hard as I could without trying to break it I could not move the plastic on either side of the radio after I unscrewed them.

so I thought to myself well maybe I can see where the port to put the aux cable into is and plug it in. I used a mirror, plus a flashlight and in less then 2 minutes was able to plug it in! success! it sounds about 500X better then my FM transmitter.

but this brought my question.. does anyone else have or had this problem? its the two pillars that surround the radio and climate control buttons.

other then that I finally completed my first mod!
now on to the driverside door actuator..

Old 03-11-2015, 05:41 PM
Mib4840
Alliance Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Down tubes are a pain in the butt to remove...sometimes. Other times they are real easy. Congratulations on your first mod, trust me, mods are never ending on these cars. I chose the route of 1 looks mod, then 1 function mod, then 1 performance mod. Good luck and have fun!

Old 03-12-2015, 04:56 PM
Eric_Rowland
OVERDRIVE
Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
Did you remove the top fascia piece? The downtubes need to move forward, then lift out on the pre-facelift models. They don't drop down - they sit on styrofoam pieces. In the 05-06 models the downtubes have lips at the bottom so they have to drop down rather than lift out.

Old 03-17-2015, 02:20 PM
Capt_bj
OVERDRIVE
Received 281 Likes on 237 Posts
first time I did it, I loosened the shifter console piece which allowed wiggle room on the side supports ... I don't recall what year car that was.

But now you know the real secret ... if you find someone who's done this before it is EASY for them to do blind moving nothing! Ya just gots to know where to stick your finger! Then snake the plug in and that part is done.

Takes more time to decide where to put the other plug for your cord attachment . . .