Navigation & Audio Bring your GPS and favorite CD or MP3. This is where navigation and audio options for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Navigation & Audio How to listen to my iTunes in my 2004 Mini.

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 12:26 AM
SquamishDroc
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just throwing out another option if you are still looking,

I have a UsaSpec iPod controller in my Mini. It plugs into the factory cd changer wiring in the back and allows you to control the iPod from the head unit. It also charges the iPod battery as well. As you can see I am using a 5th gen Nano with mine and it works quite well. The only funny thing is you can only have 4 different playlists folders on the iPod or listen to all the music.

Old 12-04-2014, 07:39 AM
c0op3r
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SquamishDroc
Just throwing out another option if you are still looking,

I have a UsaSpec iPod controller in my Mini. It plugs into the factory cd changer wiring in the back and allows you to control the iPod from the head unit. It also charges the iPod battery as well. As you can see I am using a 5th gen Nano with mine and it works quite well. The only funny thing is you can only have 4 different playlists folders on the iPod or listen to all the music.
Thats Pretty cool placement Idea, I have my module on top of the radio so that the iPhone cable will reach the phone that is in the front also.

My unit luckily came with a 14ft installation cable.

But still I give you mad props!

Old 12-04-2014, 05:39 PM
SquamishDroc
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by c0op3r
Thats Pretty cool placement Idea, I have my module on top of the radio so that the iPhone cable will reach the phone that is in the front also.

My unit luckily came with a 14ft installation cable.

But still I give you mad props!
Thanks - I don't really need to access the iPod so the back works for me. They do come with a lot of cable which is nice. This unit was originally in my BMW and was a direct swap over to the Mini.