Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio Trouble with ViseeO Tune2Air

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 05:12 PM
bcman
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trouble with ViseeO Tune2Air

I recently bought a ViseeO Tune2Air WMA1000 in an attempt to get A2DP in my '08 MCS. I've got it connected with the BMW iPod y-cable, and it will receive audio from my android phone, but won't display any info on-screen or transmit skip/repeat track commands. I've updated the firmware to 3.2.1 and confirmed this with a buddy's iPhone. The iPhone will also transmit audio but wheel controls and track listing also don't work. Anybody have any troubleshooting ideas? I have the Nav system and factory bluetooth.

Old 03-19-2014, 06:07 PM
turbofun
2nd Gear
Uh-oh - I have a new one in the box - just waiting for my Cooper to arrive.

Hope you get it working well and no problems with mine either.

Old 04-22-2014, 12:18 PM
bcman
2nd Gear
Ok, after a long struggle, my story has a somewhat happy ending. I had a lengthy back & forth over email with a rep from Taiwan, and eventually found out that ViseeO makes their own Y-cable for BMWs. Bought it on eBay for $29, and now I have control of my music from the head unit and steering wheel. Still no track info displayed on the nav screen, though.

Old 04-25-2014, 06:42 AM
sasquatch
2nd Gear
Can you please post a link to the special Y-Cable ?

I have been using the Kinivo BTC 450 which doesn't give you the steering wheel controls for the next and previous song function. Only the volume buttons on the steering wheel work.

Old 05-14-2014, 12:38 PM
sasquatch
2nd Gear
I wound up switching to the
Amazon.com: ViseeO Tune2air WMA1000 - Bluetooth Music Streaming: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: ViseeO Tune2air WMA1000 - Bluetooth Music Streaming: Cell Phones & Accessories
Bluetooth unit and am using it with my Galaxy Note 3 and it works flawlessly and sounds great.
The greatest part is that my steering wheel controls for next and previous song works as well as compared to using the Kinivo or the Belkin unit.
It has an old style iphone connector on it so it works with the Y Cable from mini.
ViseeO makes a special Y cable for the mini that allows the song names to be passed to the radio as well and I have that on order. Right now it just says next where the song name would be. LOVE LOVE LOVE this unit. It even works in my other car with a Dension PCM Adapter although there is no song name support in that scenario.

Old 08-01-2014, 12:07 PM
perryinva
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok, I also bought the WMA1000 Tune2air and Viseeo BMW Y cable as discussed for my '08 MCCS, no Nav. I have an Iphone5. So when I connect via BT the stereo detects the Tune2air as an ipod & when I stream music from say Iheart Radio or Valslist, I get music fine and volume control on the steering wheel works. But no skip/next function, and no track information. Do those features only work for music that is downloaded on to the phone (since it's essentially an ipod then) and not for streaming?

I only ask because I rented a 2014 Toyota that had A2DP BT built in and when I streamed music on it, the steering wheel skip and track names worked just fine, and I though it would be great to have that in my MCCS and I though the Tune2air would do the same thing, based on everyones description. But I realized afterwards, no one actually mentions streaming, just playing music from their phones.

Old 08-01-2014, 12:21 PM
sasquatch
2nd Gear
There is no name support with Android devices. I tried the viseOO cable with my Android Galanxy Note 3 and could not make it work. Vise00 support said it only works on iPHones. I was able to stream music from Sirius XM App on the Note 3 and skip songs. I don't use spotify or Pandora so I can't speak to that.

Old 09-18-2014, 02:02 PM
J 13
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No song titles displayed using spotify using ViseeO , Steering wheel control works - + < >. 2013 Mini cooper S