Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio 2011+ Boost CD w/ Aftermarket Bluetooth/iPod/iPhone Integration?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 06:01 PM
aerodynamics
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011+ Boost CD w/ Aftermarket Bluetooth/iPod/iPhone Integration?

I have a 2011 R56S Hatch w/ standard boost radio and Sirius. No USB or bluetooth, just the factory AUX connection. I am looking into the various offerings from Dice, Grom, Mobridge, Dension, etc. Most of these manufacturer sites show compatibility only with 2002-2006 or 2007 models. Out Motoring even specifically states the OEM iPod interface will not work with 2011+ models. Obviously, something is different about the newer head units, but what? After researching, it seems newer MINIs no longer come pre-wired for the CD changer which is necessary to install most of these aftermarket units. But is that the only holdup? If I were to get the CD changer wiring, in theory I should be able to install a Mediabridge, no? I'm trying to piece together what will and won't work before I start buying parts. Any help or insight is appreciated.

Old 04-18-2014, 10:34 AM
asilvafrompr
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you!!!! I have a 01/2011 and looking to see if the factory bluetooth, along with the ipod integration can be installed. What is weird is that if we would of factory ordered it was an option.... What I have researched is that we need to get our EUCs to have the CD Changer option turned on. What I am getting to is that what may be a problem is that the bluetooth control module goes under the passenger seat, and if you have something else is there, like in my case the DSC and SAT. So may be just a matter to find another spot for the control module.