MINI Cooper MINI Cooper specs

Go Back   North American Motoring > 1st Generation MINIs > Navigation & Audio
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to North American Motoring !
Welcome to North American Motoring,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

» Latest Main Topics
Hey guys! 2004 R53
53 Replies, 1,121 Views
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2012, 09:32 AM
Neutral

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gallery
Garage
Radio instructions for 2003 Mini Cooper

Hello everyone, I am having trouble setting the balance, bass, treble settings on my factory radio. Can someone please explain the proper instructions or provide me with a PDF link to the instruction manual? Thanks so much for any help.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:42 AM
5th Gear

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Gallery
Garage
On my HK all you do is push the little music note and it will change the display to Bass. You then twist the volume **** to change the setting level. Push the music note again and it will go through the different settings, Bass, Treble, Balance, etc... Once you get towards the end of the different settings it will get into something like User and HK. You can change that also by turning the volume ****, if I remember correctly.
MIB4840 / CROC #4840
2004 MCS JCW Chilli Red, JCW Carbon Fiber Dash, Wing, & Shift Knob, D1 Spec Throttle Controller, Alta CAI, Racing Dynamics Carbon Fiber Rear Strut Tower Brace, M7 Strut Brace & STDs, Cabrio Braces, Resonator Deleted, CravenSpeed Dip Stick, Shift Well Cover & Flex Pod System, Euro Parcel Shelf, Orciari Bonnet Scoops, Cooler-Color, Helix SSK, ScanGauge, Ian Cull
Old 07-30-2012, 10:26 AM
Neutral

Gallery
Garage
yeah...the 2003 does not have a volume ****. It has only the push buttons on the back of the steering wheel. I use those same instructions but using the buttons and as soon as i press the increase or decrease button for the volume; it leaves the menu and changes the volume instead.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:53 AM
Coordinator :: Capital Area MINI Modders

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Gallery
Huh? I've got an 03 MCS, Feb 03 build and it has a volume ****. It's the small black **** on the upper left of the radio. It is small but it's there (same as the Power button) The **** was updated to be larger and knurled, in 04, i think.
PS/B '03 MCS l RMW Tune l JCW 380's l ALTA 15% Redux Pulley l ALTA 2% Crank Pulley l ALTA CAI w/ hose l ALTA Intercooler Diverter l B&B Exhaust l Kingsborne Wires l IK22's l Team-Dynamics PR1's l JCW BBK l M7 STB l Vogtland Coilovers l Madness 19mm Rear Sway Bar l Helix SS l MinSpeed TS l STRI Gauges l PIAA 540's l Clear Tails l Rear Fog l Aero Grills l
Old 07-30-2012, 11:32 AM
3rd Gear

Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bryant View Post
yeah...the 2003 does not have a volume ****.
That's odd. Becasue they originally came with volume *****. Maybe yours is missing?

Click the image to open in full size.

This is what the head unit in my 03 R50 looks like. I have the steering wheel controls too. As was already mentioned, the button with the music note on it below the volume gets you into the bass, treble, balance, etc. Use the volume **** to adjust once you're in.
Attached Thumbnails
Radio instructions for 2003 Mini Cooper-mini-head.jpg  

'03 Velvet Red/White R50. w/a few mods.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:28 AM
Neutral

Gallery
Garage
Duh...

OMG i feel like such an idiot! I was driving down the road this morning and it just occurred to me to try twisting the power ****. It turns! Now that that dilemma is solved...what about this global warming thingie; what can we do about it?!!
Old 07-31-2012, 08:26 AM
3rd Gear

Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bryant View Post
OMG i feel like such an idiot! I was driving down the road this morning and it just occurred to me to try twisting the power ****. It turns! (...)
That's awesome! Welcome to the human race. (We all make these kinds of mistakes)

'03 Velvet Red/White R50. w/a few mods.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:26 AM