Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio iPad 2 or droid razor which will sound better using aux.?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 06:34 PM
todoubled
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iPad 2 or droid razor which will sound better using aux.?

I have an iPad 2 and a new droid razor. Since the iPhone connecter doesn't work with the iPad my only option is to use the aux. Which of these will sound better in the car using the aux. Also if I purchase using iTunes is there a way to transfer songs to my pc or droid or visa versa? Also how would I transfer from iTunes to a DVD r. also recommendations for a mount would be great.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:46 AM
Not4no1
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It shouldn't matter which device you choose since it's just AUX, but since the Razor is smaller, it would be a better candidate for using as a music player (portability).

As far as sound quality, there are many equalizer apps on the market that can customize the sound for your car. (both Android & Apple)

This is a good excuse to get away for a while & listen to music in your car while you customize the equalizer.

Hopefully that helps. I don't use iTunes & I just put my phone in the cup holder. Hopefully someone else can help with the rest of your queries.

Good Luck & Happy Motoring!

Old 03-15-2012, 07:06 AM
TheGeekGuy
4th Gear
Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by todoubled
I have an iPad 2 and a new droid razor. Since the iPhone connecter doesn't work with the iPad my only option is to use the aux. Which of these will sound better in the car using the aux. Also if I purchase using iTunes is there a way to transfer songs to my pc or droid or visa versa? Also how would I transfer from iTunes to a DVD r. also recommendations for a mount would be great.
If you have purchased recently there should be no DRM, but older music will have it and therefore will not transfer to the 'Droid. Also, you'll need to find an app that plays ACC encoded music.

Easier choice (and one I did even though I have an iPhone) is to pick up an iPod Nano. $129 for 8GBs. Attach it to the Y cable and tuck in a cup holder. Out of sight, out of mind.

Are you trying to transfer a movie to DVD?