Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio Manuals for MINI Connected/Navigation/Radio/Voice Commands

Old 06-30-2011, 01:15 PM
AllWhite
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Manuals for MINI Connected/Navigation/Radio/Voice Commands

I've had my All Pepper White 2011 MCCS for a week. It replaced a nine-year old 2002 MCS White over Dark Silver. I couldn't be happier. It seems like they've improved almost everything (little places to store little things a big exception). But praising my new ride is not the purpose of this thread.

Instead, I have a complaint. My car did not come with manuals for any part of my MINI Connected/Nav/Radio system or a document that tells me the range of voice commands availalble to do anything. No, that's wrong; it did come with a manual for a regular radio, which my car does not have. I've watched the videos at www.aboutyourmini.com. They help only a little. The nice guy/gal on the video go over only the most basic operations. Think of it this way. For any given function there are from 2-4 levels of menus. In the videos, they typically stick to the top level. Often, I need or want to go deeper to do what I require. My only choice thus far is to try to use my intuition and logic to figure out what the various symbols stand for. Commonly, after 3-4 tries I get it right. Then I have to remember what I did for the next time.

What I want is simple -- I want manuals for each of these functions and -- is this asking too much? -- cheat sheets as well (one-pagers that summarize all the commands. I've found the cheat sheet for MINI Connected, but neither manual nor cheat sheet for anything else.

Anyone out there have any of these manuals? Help ! ! !

Old 06-30-2011, 07:13 PM
AllWhite
1st Gear
Bump

Old 07-01-2011, 02:34 PM
lhigham2317
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Navigation manual

You should contact your Motoring Advisor. You were given the wrong manual. The owners manual for cars with MINI Connected or MINI Connected with Navigation has more pages including instructions for voice commands.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:01 AM
biggripper
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
The same thing happened to me. However you can find a detailed PDF version of the manual here

Old 07-02-2011, 12:40 PM
AllWhite
1st Gear
Thanks for the link. It's a start. I've been communicating with my motoring advisor, Here's what I wrote him today:

"Now that I think about it, MINI Connected is just one very specific capability of the Entertainment/Nav system of the MINI R55, 56, 57. Also part of the system are the radio, the multimedia/CD function, the office ($) function and the phone. None of these is covered to any extent in the owners manual. It would be great if there were one or more manuals that describes how these functions are managed on cars with MINI Connected/Nav."

The "Owners Manual" is virtually silent on each of these functions and without manuals, it becomes a game or challenge, depending on your perspective, to figure out what each command and icon means.

While I'm on the subject, I also did not receive anything to tell me what the voice command are. Without them, I mostly talk to myself rather than the MINI I am coming to love.

Again, thanks.

Old 07-02-2011, 02:29 PM
Spice Orange JCW
4th Gear
My 2011 came with a regular manual. What I noticed is they must have complete manuals for cars with the nav. My manual shows all levels of the nav, office, and radio. In fact it only shows how to do stuff through the the LCD screen. You must have been given the wrong manual.

Old 07-04-2011, 07:30 AM
mjnewham
1st Gear
If you have a list of questions between us we maybe able to answer them..

(on visual boost, maybe SatNav the thing that bugs be is the tiny clock and if you turn if off the screen stays exactly the same apart from a small icon top right!)

Old 01-03-2013, 09:10 PM
williamalvarez
2nd Gear
I just bought a 2013 MCS with MINI Connected with Navigation and have the same kind of questions, some features of the navigator are not clear to me, for example, what is the Interactive Map?

Also, how can I see what the next turn is without having to wait until I´m nearing it?
In my old super cool Garmin nuvi GPS system I could see a notification at the top of the screen that showed the distance before the next turn and the name of that street.

Any help will be highly appreciated.
William

Old 01-07-2013, 03:25 PM
amancuso
5th Gear
Hi William, you can turn on the notifications. I believe when you have the NAV screen on, tap right, then look for options, it's called MAP ARROW or something like that.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:08 PM
williamalvarez
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by amancuso
Hi William, you can turn on the notifications. I believe when you have the NAV screen on, tap right, then look for options, it's called MAP ARROW or something like that.
Thanks amancuso, I figured it over the weekend that I was playing with it. It´s actually a very good navigator. I´m a happy camper now.