Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio Official MINI Connected Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 09:12 PM
schrottpresse76
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Update Software Option

Originally Posted by Gutter_ita
Update is possible only with the combox. Do you have it?
I'm missing the "Update Software" option in the settings menu. My R56 is equipped with the following:

06FP Integrated visual display
06ND Media connect
06NM MINI Connected
06VC Combox controller

Why is the "Update Software" option missing? Can I enable it through coding with NCS Expert?

Any help or explanation is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 06-06-2015, 07:52 PM
cactusjk
4th Gear
Can you use a dock extender (lightening) on an iPhone 6+?

Old 06-07-2015, 09:39 AM
cactusjk
4th Gear
I have a 2013 JCW R56 with Mini Connect/Nav and an iPhone6+. i want to be able to use the Mini Connect Apps such as GoPro. What cable do I need?

Old 09-15-2015, 12:57 PM
pkillur
1st Gear
Originally Posted by schrottpresse76
I'm missing the "Update Software" option in the settings menu. My R56 is equipped with the following:

06FP Integrated visual display
06ND Media connect
06NM MINI Connected
06VC Combox controller

Why is the "Update Software" option missing? Can I enable it through coding with NCS Expert?

Any help or explanation is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Did you ever get your question(s) answered? I have a similar issue, but I do have "update software". However, when I go to the mini website to download it tells me my VIN doesn't have mini connected ?!?! It's in my friggen' car! Is there a way to download it after the fact because the mini connected website is dumb??

Old 09-18-2015, 07:18 AM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by pkillur
Did you ever get your question(s) answered? I have a similar issue, but I do have "update software". However, when I go to the mini website to download it tells me my VIN doesn't have mini connected ?!?! It's in my friggen' car! Is there a way to download it after the fact because the mini connected website is dumb??
Just to clarify, you are going to: http://www.mini.com/connectivity/sof...ate/index.html right?

Are you sure you're entering just the last seven of your vin?

Also according to others on this forum you can get the same update from the BMW website here: http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/con...re_update.html

Old 04-19-2016, 09:25 AM
nitronikon
1st Gear
Mini Connected XL JourneyMate - '13 JCW

Hello,

Has anyone had success with Journey Mate on their '13 R56 and an iPhone 5s? Is there any other way to quickly send a map location to the GPS via phone/online? I remember on the e92s, bmw assist had an account that was accessible via google maps. Look something up, and send it to your car as a message.

Thus far, I have yet to find something like this working for this car. Right now, the best thing I can do is to save location as a contact and navigate to the address via my phone book. This is a bit clumsy. I was hoping Journey Mate would work..

I actually went through the support ticket system. Of which they replied:
Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, your MINI is not compatible with the MINI Connected XL Journey Mate app. I'm sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

MINI Motoring Relations is available Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., ET. You can reach us at 1.866.ASK.MINI (275-6464).

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

LET’S MOTOR®.

Michael Rogers
MINI Motoring Relations
Representative

Old 04-20-2016, 06:50 AM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
Originally Posted by nitronikon
Hello,

Has anyone had success with Journey Mate on their '13 R56 and an iPhone 5s? Is there any other way to quickly send a map location to the GPS via phone/online? I remember on the e92s, bmw assist had an account that was accessible via google maps. Look something up, and send it to your car as a message.

Thus far, I have yet to find something like this working for this car. Right now, the best thing I can do is to save location as a contact and navigate to the address via my phone book. This is a bit clumsy. I was hoping Journey Mate would work..

I actually went through the support ticket system. Of which they replied:
Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, your MINI is not compatible with the MINI Connected XL Journey Mate app. I'm sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

MINI Motoring Relations is available Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., ET. You can reach us at 1.866.ASK.MINI (275-6464).

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

LET’S MOTOR®.

Michael Rogers
MINI Motoring Relations
Representative
Nope, Journey Mate is exclusive to the F series cars, and I wouldn't count on MINI changing that.

What really sucks is that MINI Connected used to support Google Send-To-Car, which worked perfectly. But MINI took it out for some reason.

So it looks like creating a contact like you do is the easiest way. I do the same thing sometimes.

Old 04-20-2016, 07:01 PM
cactusjk
4th Gear
I wondered what happened to Goggle Send-To-Car!

Old 09-26-2016, 09:53 AM
jorrodsa
1st Gear
Any rumors on an update for the MINI Connected App (IOS)?

Old 09-28-2016, 12:42 PM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
Originally Posted by jorrodsa
Any rumors on an update for the MINI Connected App (IOS)?
Nothing that I've heard of

Old 11-26-2016, 04:12 PM
arro
1st Gear
Question about symbols appearing on the interface...

Question about symbols appearing on the interface...

In both "playing music from external USB device" and in "Navigation" screens, I see a USB symbol, a minus sign, and then a number (that changes). What does this number represent?
[Pictures attached]

Old 11-26-2016, 04:19 PM
arro
1st Gear
Icons/symbols... Nevermind.

I found my answer on another thread:

Originally Posted by Charlie Victor
Pretty sure it's the track number; that's not a negative sign in front of the numeral, it's a dash. You could read it as "USB input, track ten" It changed in your pocket because the bluetooth is considered a different source than the usb, and so won't necessarily play the same track. I think it gives you a different symbol for the bluetooth as well. Try playing from a CD and it works the same way (and gives you yet another source symbol). If you're listening to the radio, it'll show you the frequency. You can also toggle this display off.

Old 07-19-2018, 05:26 AM
DGI
3rd Gear
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Tried connecting my Iphone X to the Connected App last week and it says my device is not supported. Any input? I have a 2013 JCW Clubsport