Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio Official MINI Connected Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 04:45 PM
biggripper
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Yes I discovered that as well--pretty aggravating. Unfortunately I think that is an iPhone shortcoming and not a fault of the connected system.

Old 04-15-2011, 10:11 AM
mjnewham
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, here's the latest (from Cooper Croydon);

Apparently the Mini Connected is free, its just the installation of 1.5hrs you have to pay for (approx. £218).

There is no part number as far I can tell, and it classified as a "Computer Upgrade".

.. I'll let you know how it develops.

Old 04-15-2011, 12:11 PM
CFRM
2nd Gear
mjnewham, I just found this thread today and had the same questions as you. I too have visual boost only, for now. Please let us know how it goes!

Cheers!

Old 04-15-2011, 06:54 PM
SnugNuts
2nd Gear
Picking up my Mini Cooper tomorrow, it's an 08 with navigation, will I be able to get this on my car?

Old 04-20-2011, 09:13 PM
Mini Pel
1st Gear
Originally Posted by SnugNuts
Picking up my Mini Cooper tomorrow, it's an 08 with navigation, will I be able to get this on my car?
not likely only on late 2010 onwards

Old 04-23-2011, 12:40 PM
icedMINIcobra
Neutral
This might be posted elsewhere. Just received an update from Pandora on my iphone 4. "Updated to work with March 2011 production MINI Connected inofainment systems, see www.miniusa.com/pandora for more details."

Old 04-24-2011, 08:08 AM
Mini Pel
1st Gear
Originally Posted by icedMINIcobra
This might be posted elsewhere. Just received an update from Pandora on my iphone 4. "Updated to work with March 2011 production MINI Connected inofainment systems, see www.miniusa.com/pandora for more details."
a little anoying that pandora is only avalible in the US

Old 04-24-2011, 08:30 AM
Cosmic Blue Conspiracy
2nd Gear
Hey guys. Sometimes when playing the iPod through the connected interface, I do get the clock at the top of the screen instead of "Now Playing" and sometimes I don't. I can't figure out what I did to get it to work. Anyone figure that out yet?

Old 04-25-2011, 06:48 PM
biggripper
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Cosmic Blue Conspiracy
Hey guys. Sometimes when playing the iPod through the connected interface, I do get the clock at the top of the screen instead of "Now Playing" and sometimes I don't. I can't figure out what I did to get it to work. Anyone figure that out yet?
Maybe I need to starting using it more often to see if it happens for me.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:22 PM
hoyme
2nd Gear
MINI Connected iPhone App - Release 2.0.0 out

Version 2.0.0 of the iPhone app was released on the App Store today. Listed changes are

Originally Posted by AppStore
New Features:
  • Mission Control
  • Dynamic Music
  • Prepare your own Facebook & Twitter messages on your iPhone

Several improvements and bug fixes. Improved stability and performance
My MINI is "Scheduled for Production" so I can't try this out yet!

Old 04-27-2011, 12:44 PM
chrisfowler99
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hoyme
Version 2.0.0 of the iPhone app was released on the App Store today. Listed changes are

Mission Control is now out?

Now I'm really waiting for my MINI to get here. Supposed to be this week.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:50 PM
asindc
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by hoyme

One of the things I like about the app is that the web radios stations lock in better through the app than through the TuneInRadio app.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:12 AM
Mini Pel
1st Gear
Mission Contol put a smile on my face today
dynamic music im still not sure about need to give it a little longer as i think constant motorway driving dose not give the best results.
will give my verdict after the Cumbria Splash dash this weekend.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:35 PM
relim3
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Mini Pel
Mission Contol put a smile on my face today
dynamic music im still not sure about need to give it a little longer as i think constant motorway driving dose not give the best results.
will give my verdict after the Cumbria Splash dash this weekend.
I guess you have the snap-in for the iPhone. When I tried it with just the usb av cable it tells me to use the snap-in.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:49 PM
biggripper
6th Gear
Mine works fine via the Y-cable.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:59 PM
relim3
1st Gear
Guess I found my answer. My car was made after 3/2011. Now the MINIMALISM analyzer doesn't run either without the snap-in. I hope they fix this with an update.

Can I use Mission Control while the iPhone is connected with the video/audio adapter cable for Apple iPod/iPhone (MINI accessory)?
In MINI cars with option SA6NE (Bluetooth mobile preparation with USB Audio Interface), produced 03/2011 and later, this feature currently only works in the snap-in adapter (MINI accessory). In MINI cars produced before 03/2011 or without the option SA6NE, Mission Control can be used with the video/audio adapter cable for Apple iPod/iPhone.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:56 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Whats mission control?

Old 04-29-2011, 07:28 AM
Mysticeti
3rd Gear
Switching between Web Radio and Mission Control

Is there a way to switch between Web Radio and Mission Control without unplugging the phone to get at the options in MINI Connected iPhone app?

Thanks.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:55 AM
Gil-galad
Coordinator :: Eastern Iowa MINIs
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Achilles honor
Whats mission control?
A rather satirical look at Mission Control when it first came out in the Camden --

Old 04-29-2011, 03:38 PM
Frenchy2004
1st Gear
I have not found a way to switch between Web Radio and Mission Control/Dynamic music. That really upsets me that you cannot have the Mission Control and the Web Radio at the same time.
Has anyone noticed that the Analyzer recording even when you have turned it off? I had it shut off the other day when I was on the Autobahn doing about 140mph and when I got out at work I checked the analyzer and I had lost points. I know that I had shut it off because I have noticed that when you drive over about 80mph that you lose acceleration points. I planned on actually driving my car, above the 80mph, so I shut it off before I reached it and it still recorded. Any guesses?
Mission Control… so far it is somewhat entertaining. The Dynamic Music on the other hand I am not too sure of. It really needs some getting used to.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:06 PM
chrisfowler99
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by relim3
I guess you have the snap-in for the iPhone. When I tried it with just the usb av cable it tells me to use the snap-in.
Told me I needed the snap-in for Mission Control and the Minimalism Analyzer...

Gotta figure out what model I need for the iPhone 4.

Old 04-30-2011, 01:58 AM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Gil-galad
A rather satirical look at Mission Control when it first came out in the Camden --

REALLY MINI!!! this would make me want to break my car

Old 04-30-2011, 11:28 AM
mjsteelega
1st Gear
Mini Connected APP

Originally Posted by Frenchy2004
I have not found a way to switch between Web Radio and Mission Control/Dynamic music. That really upsets me that you cannot have the Mission Control and the Web Radio at the same time.
Has anyone noticed that the Analyzer recording even when you have turned it off? I had it shut off the other day when I was on the Autobahn doing about 140mph and when I got out at work I checked the analyzer and I had lost points. I know that I had shut it off because I have noticed that when you drive over about 80mph that you lose acceleration points. I planned on actually driving my car, above the 80mph, so I shut it off before I reached it and it still recorded. Any guesses?
Mission Control… so far it is somewhat entertaining. The Dynamic Music on the other hand I am not too sure of. It really needs some getting used to.
Ok... so I'm totally jealous that you can do 140mph! That will get you automatic jail time here in the US!

Now, I have one of the first cars in the US with "Mini Connected" so I have about 3 months of "play time" with it. I can tell all of you the following: (some just confirms what I have read in this thread)

- Mini Connected App has several "apps" within it:
1. Web Radio
2. News (RSS news feeds); it can also read them to you (wish Twitter/FB apps would do that)
3. Twitter (runs only when you open it. No audio impact)
4. Facebook (runs only when you open it. No audio impact)
5. WebRadio (once you run, it is your primary audio source; shuts down others)
6. Google Local Search (doesn't always find stuff); Can push address to car if you have NAV
7. Google Send To Car (ONLY works if you have NAV)
8. Dynamic Music (once you run, it is your primary audio source; shuts down others); you then have to download all their music. A dozen or so tracks. All instrumental.
9. Mission Control (you have to then download 2 themes; I assume more are coming); then the car talks to you based on changes. Basically, it taks inputs from ENGINE, CLIMATE, STATUS and one other I can't remember.
10. Mini Minimalism (it runs ALL THE TIME so long as the Mini Connected app is running on your iPhone).

- Mini Connected is also the name of the hardware (screen, software, etc) in the car. Or at least that is what they called it when I ordered my car Nov'10. With the hardware, and the Mini Connected App running on your iPhone, you can access several different Apps
1. Radio (AM, FM, Satelite Radio, Pandora, Dynamic Music (if MC Apps is running)
2. CD/iPod/etc Interface (you can push video to the screen if your handbrake is applied)
3. Phone (via bluetooth only);
4. Office (via bluetooth only; and only contacts work with iPhone.) Kind of redundant to #3. My manual (printed version) also talks about calendar, messages, etc... not working with iPhone.
5. Mini Connected (the App)
6. Car info (mpg, avg mph, TPMS, warnings, etc)
7. Car Setting (door locks, audible warning levels, lights, etc.)

- Pandora works awesome, is accessible via the RADIO function and only operates if the Pandora app is running (not in background) on your iPhone. This also means the Mini Connected app can not be running.

So... hopefully this answers some questions. Feel free to email me. I have be "pressing my dealer" as I have the following outstanding issues:
- photos do not come up with caller ID (might be an issue with Mobile Office)
- contact numbers in Mini Connected are "0"; and I can find no way to program them:
- your service center
- customer service
- roadside assistance.

Also, feel free to follow my girl on FB:
http://www.tinyurl.com/checkerthemini

Old 04-30-2011, 02:30 PM
relim3
1st Gear
Originally Posted by chrisfowler99
Told me I needed the snap-in for Mission Control and the Minimalism Analyzer...

Gotta figure out what model I need for the iPhone 4.
I just downgraded the app back to the old one. I'll wait till they update the app so it works without the snap-in. I can live without Mission Control.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:21 PM
lithium77
1st Gear
From the mini connected website FAQ:

Can I use Mission Control while the iPhone is connected with the video/audio adapter cable for Apple iPod/iPhone (MINI accessory)?
  • In MINI cars with option SA6NE (Bluetooth mobile preparation with USB Audio Interface), produced 03/2011 and later, this feature currently only works in the snap-in adapter (MINI accessory). In MINI cars produced before 03/2011 or without the option SA6NE, Mission Control can be used with the video/audio adapter cable for Apple iPod/iPhone.
Can I use the MINIMALISM Analyser while the iPhone is connected with the video/audio adapter cable for Apple iPod/iPhone (MINI accessory)?
  • In MINI cars with option SA6NE (Bluetooth mobile preparation with USB Audio Interface), produced 03/2011 and later, this feature currently only works in the snap-in adapter (MINI accessory). In MINI cars produced before 03/2011 or without the option SA6NE, the MINIMALISM Analyser can be used with the video/audio adapter cable for Apple iPod/iPhone.

Quick Reply: Navigation & Audio Official MINI Connected Thread