MINI Cooper MINI Cooper specs

Go Back   North American Motoring > 1st Generation MINIs > Navigation & Audio
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to North American Motoring !
Welcome to North American Motoring,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

» Latest Main Topics
Headers
3 Replies, 200 Views
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2010, 08:58 AM
Neutral

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gallery
2006 Mini Cooper S - having trouble pairing my iPhone!

I just bought a 2006 Mini Cooper S (LOVE IT!) and since I got it, I've been trying to pair my iPhone 3Gs with the car. I guess I have the older stereo and there is no menu button on it to pair it, but it has the phone button on the steering wheel. I don't know what to do besides go visit Best Buy or the dealership (I bought my car from Carmax). Any suggestions?? Please help!
Old 01-10-2010, 09:24 AM
6th Gear

Gallery
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by qedtanya View Post
I just bought a 2006 Mini Cooper S (LOVE IT!) and since I got it, I've been trying to pair my iPhone 3Gs with the car. I guess I have the older stereo and there is no menu button on it to pair it, but it has the phone button on the steering wheel. I don't know what to do besides go visit Best Buy or the dealership (I bought my car from Carmax). Any suggestions?? Please help!
Go to www.miniusa.com. You'll want to Register in the Owner's Lounge, there you will be able to look at your Owner's Manual and the other Accessory Pamphlets available including the Bluetooth Manual.

Hope this helps!!
"Good Golly Miss Molly" MATOC #004
Mods: British Flag Side Scuttles, Garmin 2495LMT+EcoRoute HD, Union Jack/Finish Flag Boot Emblem, 35% Tint, JCW Grill, Chrome Line Exterior, 16x7 Enkei T Fork Wheels, Chrome Mirror Caps, Zimmerman Rotors - Akebono Euro Ceramic Pads, OEM Roof Rack, Alta 22mm Rear Sway Bar & Alta Rear Endlinks, PIAA Xtreme White Headlights and Fogs, OEM Driving Lights...
Old 01-10-2010, 09:29 AM
Neutral

Gallery
Been there, done that. Unfortunately it did me no good. The radio they show must be the newer model and I'm just utterly lost. There's no menu button on my radio and so I can't figure it out. I should post pictures on here so y'all can see what I'm talking about but don't have any yet.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:50 AM
4th Gear

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Gallery
Quote:
Been there, done that. Unfortunately it did me no good. The radio they show must be the newer model and I'm just utterly lost. There's no menu button on my radio and so I can't figure it out. I should post pictures on here so y'all can see what I'm talking about but don't have any yet.

Hi. This is a very simple problem, but you won't like the answer. Your car probably does not have bluetooth.

It was not available from the factory in 2006, only as a (very expensive) dealer installed option. All 2006's are pre-wired, which means that they have the button on the steering wheel, but do not have bluetooth.

--Former: 2009 MINI Cooper S w/ JCW Tuning Kit -- Dark Silver / Black Top / Black Leather
--Cancelled Order due to EPA delays: 2015 MINI Cooper S -- BRG / White Top / Black Pearl / MINI Yours Off-White
Sport, Premium, Wired and Cold Weather Pkgs, 6MT, HUD
Old 01-10-2010, 01:35 PM
Neutral

Gallery
So what can I do? Go buy an integration kit from Best Buy or something??
Old 01-10-2010, 02:09 PM
4th Gear

Gallery
Quote:
So what can I do? Go buy an integration kit from Best Buy or something??
You can contact your local MINI dealer to get a price for the accessory Bluetooth kit, or try aftermarket. If you go for an aftermarket system, it might not work with the steering wheel controls.

--Former: 2009 MINI Cooper S w/ JCW Tuning Kit -- Dark Silver / Black Top / Black Leather
--Cancelled Order due to EPA delays: 2015 MINI Cooper S -- BRG / White Top / Black Pearl / MINI Yours Off-White
Old 01-11-2010, 04:24 AM
Neutral

Gallery
How much is the accessory kit? Should I just get a new radio for the car? Would that be less expensive?
Old 01-11-2010, 07:48 PM
6th Gear

Gallery
Garage
Quote:
Since it's a question of whether or not you have the Bluetooth capability, visit your Local MINI Dealer and have them run a Build Sheet on your car, they way you will know right away whether or not you have Bluetooth, you can then choose which option you want to go with or not...I'm pullin' for ya' hopefully this will get resolved soon!!
"Good Golly Miss Molly" MATOC #004
Mods: British Flag Side Scuttles, Garmin 2495LMT+EcoRoute HD, Union Jack/Finish Flag Boot Emblem, 35% Tint, JCW Grill, Chrome Line Exterior, 16x7 Enkei T Fork Wheels, Chrome Mirror Caps, Zimmerman Rotors - Akebono Euro Ceramic Pads, OEM Roof Rack, Alta 22mm Rear Sway Bar & Alta Rear Endlinks, PIAA Xtreme White Headlights and Fogs, OEM Driving Lights...
Old 01-11-2010, 07:55 PM
4th Gear

Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJKimbell View Post
Since it's a question of whether or not you have the Bluetooth capability, visit your Local MINI Dealer and have them run a Build Sheet on your car, they way you will know right away whether or not you have Bluetooth, you can then choose which option you want to go with or not...I'm pullin' for ya' hopefully this will get resolved soon!!
hi...

to be clear, Bluetooth was never offered as a factory option on the R50/R52/R53. It was only introduced as a factory option when the R56 came out, so there is no need to check the build sheet... it's not there.

Check some online parts sites, I think the accessory kit is $500 or so plus install. It will probably cost you in the neighborhood of $700-800 installed.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:34 AM
3rd Gear

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AK.JCW Send a message via Yahoo to AK.JCW
Gallery
Garage
Quote:
I had to retrofit bluetooth to my mini from bimmernav http://www.bimmernav.com/mini.html and I LOVE it . The button on the steering wheel works and the caller comes through the stereo like it should. I'm sure people think I'm singing or talking to myself at stop lights, but whatever.

Installation was about a 6 out of 10. Getting the dash open was the most difficult part. Oh and it was pretty expensive so don't pass out.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:34 AM