Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio Bluetooth compatibility list

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 01:58 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you read that post about not saying "store" but, rather, saying "save"? That's a biggie - hard to believe MINI didn't correct that mistake. There's another thread that you may find helpful: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...31#post2212331 As a matter of fact, I remarked about something similar to what you're asking.

I feel like I should be a cyber librarian here and re-shelve some threads. They're not all in one place, unfortunately.

Old 05-07-2008, 02:55 PM
tomfflint
Neutral
Samsung FlipShot SCH-u900 (Verizon) bluetooth doesn't work

Just bought a new (08) S coupe last Friday. Love it! Had everything I wanted, I assumed.

The bluetooth pairs with this phone, displays phone book, dials out successfully, but it can't "end" the call. Have to reboot the phone to break the connection. Went to Verizon. I have the latest software. They claim Bluetooth V1.2 compatibility. My phone pairs and works fine with an new 08 BMW 328i.

Mini customer relations claims it's the phone manufacturer's fault.

Bluetooth and iPod integration were key features to my new car purchase. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed. If anyone has any suggestions, please pass them along. Thanks.

Old 05-07-2008, 03:09 PM
Otra
6th Gear
If you check out that other thread that I referenced above...you'll read some very helpful posts including one by The Unofficial Keeper of Cell Phone/Bluetooth Compatibility - nickenbecka -who has posted a document online that is updated fairly often: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...HjCm-AfA&hl=en. I hope this will help you until the cavalry arrives.

It's very frustrating that not all phones work or work perfectly. And it certainly would be nice if someone that is a Moderator could merge these two threads.

Old 05-07-2008, 03:26 PM
nicknbecka
6th Gear
Originally Posted by tomfflint
Mini customer relations claims it's the phone manufacturer's fault.

Bluetooth and iPod integration were key features to my new car purchase. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed. If anyone has any suggestions, please pass them along. Thanks.
Sadly, in this case, I don't think anyone will see much more than finger pointing for problems like this. Both the phone and the Mini "should" be Bluetooth handset compatible, but in practice incompatibilities happen.

This thread was initially meant to be for reports only, you might get a better response by posting a new topic in Nav & Audio.

One quick suggestion though: are you hanging up with the "End call" on the car, or with the phone itself?

Old 05-07-2008, 03:36 PM
nicknbecka
6th Gear
Originally Posted by joecooper1
I'm looking for some help with Voice Dialing.

I have the Blackberry Pearl and have completed the BT Pairing. No problems making or receiving calls and the address book name shows on the Audio display, so I'm assuming this is what people consider "Phonebook integration". When I try to use the voice dialing, the voice says my phonebook is empty. Do I need to record each name through the MINI to create a database for voice dialing? I was hoping the voice dialing would be similar to the Blackberry's which didn't require any voice training for each entry...

Thanks for your help!
Hi Joecooper,

Just in case there is a difference, which version of the Pearl do you have? 8100/8120/8130?

Your post is the second I've seen where the address book transfers, but voice dialing still reports that the phone book is empty. So much for my hope that would be all that's needed. There's more posts regarding the Blackberry phones than most, I'll see if I can dig up any clues....

Old 05-07-2008, 03:36 PM
tomfflint
Neutral
Using "end call" on the dashboard.

Old 05-07-2008, 03:42 PM
nicknbecka
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Otra
has posted a document online that is updated fairly often
Updated to show non-working-ness... I took some looks around and haven't found any potentially helpful info...

And it certainly would be nice if someone that is a Moderator could merge these two threads.
Hmmm... I was thinking it might be more helpful to have one thread for compatibility reports and another for Tips, Tricks and Support. Merging tends to make things harder to read IMO, but it would be nice to have an easy go-to place to point people.

Old 05-07-2008, 04:18 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Hey, either way! It just seems that NAM does not have very active Moderators to help with this kind of thing. Perhaps I just don't know about them?

Old 05-07-2008, 09:33 PM
howdyem
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by nicknbecka
Some interesting info posted over on MotoringFile, just in case it's of any interest:

No word on retrofitability, but it's something anyways.
Yah... how does that work for 2007 Mini's (R56) with the bluetooth feature? I got the convenience package. Do we have to update? and if so, how do we go about doing that?

The only thing that the bluetooth currently does for my phone (LG VX8100) is pick up calls. I can't scroll through my phone book on my phone.

Old 05-12-2008, 11:37 AM
nicknbecka
6th Gear
Originally Posted by howdyem
Yah... how does that work for 2007 Mini's (R56) with the bluetooth feature? I got the convenience package. Do we have to update? and if so, how do we go about doing that?

The only thing that the bluetooth currently does for my phone (LG VX8100) is pick up calls. I can't scroll through my phone book on my phone.
There's been no other announcements regarding whether it will be for 09s only, or for all R56's. It does specifically mention that they'll be released for 'smartphones' so I wouldn't hold out too much hope for the VX8100... It looks like it does have a USB port though, so you never know.

Can you call out with the 8100 too?

Old 05-14-2008, 10:32 AM
MINIchaser
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Samsung SGH-A707 a.k.a. Sync

Just found out my phone does NOT work with my r56

The car recognizes the phone and vis-versa, but it won't take or receive calls or load the address book.

I had the guy at the dealer try to make it work, but he couldn't. I'm going to try a couple more things tonight and maybe *maybe* it'll work...

Old 05-14-2008, 10:54 AM
nicknbecka
6th Gear
Just found out my phone does NOT work with my r56
Sorry to hear that- I've updated the spreadsheet for now. Congrats on your delivery at least, and let us know if you can get it working!

Old 05-14-2008, 08:13 PM
porifera
1st Gear
Not sure if this is the right way to do this

There was a thread going on in the week 11 support group or something like that, but it seemed like it was more meaningful here.

Originally Posted by ldybug128
Well, I have good news and bad news... According to my phone, the car is sync'd with the phone and when I make calls from the phone or receive calls, the call comes through the speakers and I don't have to speak into the phone.

However... the MINI doesn't seem to be able to sync the phone book. So I get messages that say something like "downloading phone book" or "trying to connect to Motorola Q". What this means, though, is that I can't use my nav screen to go through my phone book and make calls. I also can't use the voice activation to make calls. What I have to do is dial through my phone. In searching through the forums, I stumbled across a posting one time that said that after a long drive, the phone did eventually sync with the phonebook and then it worked from then on...keeping my fingers crossed...

So overall, I have basic bluetooth functionality, but it's not quite as easy as I would like... I figure if it doesn't connect after 6-8 months, I will just buy a new one...
Well, sadly I have to say that I have the same issue. The nav screen just sits on the phonebook xfer message for a long time and then eventually says that it is searching for the phone. Odd, since the phone still thinks that it is connected and I am able to dial through the phone. I even went to the extreme and blew away the software in my Q with the latest update, created a single address book entry on the phone, repaired the phone. Still hangs there on the nav unit. Not looking good for the Q. Maybe in the next month or so as the new phones hit the market I'll dump the Q and pick up something that works with the Mini bluetooth.

If anyone has actually made the Q work with the Mini, I would love to hear the details.

Old 05-15-2008, 08:23 AM
nicknbecka
6th Gear
Originally Posted by porifera
If anyone has actually made the Q work with the Mini, I would love to hear the details.
Hmm- sounds like there may be some differences between different Q's?

Here's one post saying that it works, but that same post also mentions that the Q9M doesn't work.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:47 AM
MINIchaser
4th Gear
Just updating info on my phone, the Samsung SGH-A707 (Sync):

Tried again last night to see if it would work. Car recongizes phone and phone recognizes car etc..., doesn't load address book but WILL dial out (mutes the stereo and you can hear through the car speakers) but when either my phone or the other person hangs up, the car gets stuck in a loop with the never-ending "end call". When you try to push buttons to end the call it says "connection in progess." So the only way to get it to "hang up" and unstick the loop is to turn off the bluetooth on the phone or turn off the phone itself, not even going away from the car and locking it all and coming back in 15 minutes works...you MUST turn off the bluetooth connection on the phone, or forever be stuck on the end call sequence!!

Oh, and p.s. when someone calls MY paired phone, the phone only rings, it does not connect through the car.

Old 05-16-2008, 05:22 PM
TomLINY
2nd Gear
Samsung Sync: I wish I could give some insight on how it works, but my A707 works perfectly with my R56. I just followed the on screen instructions the first time I used it, and it has worked fine ever since. MY wife has the same phone and it works also.

Old 05-17-2008, 03:56 PM
howdyem
2nd Gear
There's been no other announcements regarding whether it will be for 09s only, or for all R56's. It does specifically mention that they'll be released for 'smartphones' so I wouldn't hold out too much hope for the VX8100... It looks like it does have a USB port though, so you never know.

Can you call out with the 8100 too?
i'm able to call out and receive calls with my LG vx8100. however, i'm having difficulty in using the numberpad on the mini.

i'm planning on getting an iphone soon... so i'm hoping that there will be more integrating with the iphone and the mini...

Old 05-18-2008, 09:28 AM
L39AV8R
Neutral
Synching the I Phone

Can anyone e mail me a step by step instreuction to synch my I phone?
thank you. David BrienAttorney@aol.com

Old 05-19-2008, 08:33 AM
nicknbecka
6th Gear
Originally Posted by L39AV8R
Can anyone e mail me a step by step instreuction to synch my I phone?
thank you. David
Strange, I thought I replied yesterday, but I guess I must have just previewed...

Hi David,

There's complete instructions on pairing the iPhone over on the official Mini Wireless site.

Also since NAM is publicly accessible, you might want to consider editing your post to remove your email address- spam bots can collect them that way. You can setup Private Messages here to e-mail you when you receive one, so a PM might be a better bet without the risk of spam.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:35 AM
nicknbecka
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TomLINY
Samsung Sync: I wish I could give some insight on how it works, but my A707 works perfectly with my R56. I just followed the on screen instructions the first time I used it, and it has worked fine ever since. MY wife has the same phone and it works also.
Hmm- good to know, I guess I'll change it over to 'Conflicting Reports' and we'll see how it turns out for others...

Old 05-19-2008, 10:09 AM
MINIchaser
4th Gear
Hmm- good to know, I guess I'll change it over to 'Conflicting Reports' and we'll see how it turns out for others...
yea, I tried PMing them yesterday to see if they could help me get my phone to work...no response yet, but I'll let everyone know if maybe I'm just doing something wrong or what....I think maybe I really do need a software update then, if they can get theirs to work just fine. This is kind of frustrating to hear though!

Old 05-19-2008, 02:51 PM
saenz74
1st Gear
Anyone have luck pairing an AT&T RAZR2? This phone is NOT on the approved list provided by Mini. Thanks

Old 05-19-2008, 03:20 PM
nicknbecka
6th Gear
Originally Posted by saenz74
Anyone have luck pairing an AT&T RAZR2? This phone is NOT on the approved list provided by Mini. Thanks
The only thing I've found is the Verizon one listed at wireless4mini.com- no reports here or on Mini2 that I can see. So far, there hasn't been any compatibility differences between the different provider's versions that I'm aware of, so chances are good it'll work.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:24 PM
MINIchaser
4th Gear
Just got back from AT&T with a new phone! It's the Samsung SGH-A737 and works just fine (like another person posted already). Doesn't load my phonebook however. So I think I'll settle with that. Just for future reference, my AT&T says they don't even sell the phones that are recommended on the wireless4mini.com, they are too outdated (all except the iPhone), and we'd have to order them online or maybe get re-manufactured ones....

Old 05-20-2008, 08:23 AM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
LG enV2 ???

Has anyone tried to get a LG enV2 to fully work with a 2008 Mini.

I have been able to get it to pair but even after over 1-1/2 hours it has not taken any of the phone book in. I have heard that some phones take a very long time to sync but 1-1/2 hours seems like it should have done something.

Any one have an idea of what a long time means to sync the phone book to the car.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Byt he way i have Verizon as none of the other carries work in my local area.

Thanks
Schatzy

Quick Reply: Navigation & Audio Bluetooth compatibility list