MINI5280 The Motoring Society of the Rocky Mountain Region. Visit the club site at www.mini5280.org and Event Calendar.

MINIs In The Mountains 10

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 10:09 PM
BLU-BY-U
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MINIs In The Mountains 10

MINIs IN THE MOUNTAINS TEN
August 5-9, 2015 is taking shape quickly!!!
Lodging is now open and you can find details about it Here.
We will be at The Holiday Inn Express (Previously known as The Wildwood) located in Snowmass Village this year. www.wildwoodsnowmass.com

Lots of new things are brewing in the mix for MINIs in the Mountains this year. First and foremost of these, we have new links for lodging options. The Wildwood hotel that is the host hotel for MITM Ten, has a new management company running it, and is now part of the Holiday Inn Express family, if you had a registration under the old link, it is still valid, but if you are registering from here out, please use http://tinyurl.com/2015mitm to do so at the hotel. There is zero reservation deposit, and you can cancel all the way up to the day of the event with no penalty, so please register early to help us better plan the overall event. Plus, there is going to be another event at Snowmass as the same time we are there, which may eat up leftover rooms if we fill our room block to late. So register ASAP and we can expand our block and ensure everyone stays at the same location!

For those wishing to 'upgrade' to a higher quality room (more expensive), the Westin Snowmass has also set aside a small block of rooms at a discounted group rate. The Westin is directly across the lane from the Holiday Inn (Wildwood), so you will still be very close to the action. To register for the Westin, please use: http://tinyurl.com/mitmwestin

Snowmass Village in conjunction with Club leadership, has reserved a well-known classic rock band to play the Thursday Concert. While I can't divulge who that is at this time for contractual reasons, I can announce that we are being granted a number of backstage passes for the show. We will be raffling off 7 pairs of passes to the first 150 event registrations. Registration for MITM will open Feb 1, so bookmark www.minisinthemountains.com now if you haven't already and be prepared to register early!

As always, we are working very hard to bring new and returning vendors and sponsors back to the event. We still do not have an official Vendor Relations person on the committee, and several folks have been part timing it in between their other responsibilities. If you would like to step into that role, please email me at 2015@minisinthemountains.com and we will talk. If you have ideas for either vendors or sponsors and would like to suggest them, please email me any info you may have and I will chase them down myself. At this time, we have two confirmed vendors, www.artisticreflection.com for all your vinyl/grille badge/sticker needs, and Pat's Handbags, which makes MINI themed purses and bags.

Our Volunteer roster is starting to take shape, if you are interested in volunteering for MITM, please send an email to volunteers@minisinthemountains.com to get on the list. We will be doing a special (more special than normal) shirt for all staff this year in celebration of the tenth rendition of MITM!

I hope to be able to finalize an announcement of a new activity never before offered at any MITM event in the past soon. We are currently speaking with sponsors and the location to nail down costs. Look for updates on our Facebook page and website for that announcement.

Our next planning meeting is on Jan 17th, in Castle Rock. We will be meeting at www.rockyardbrewing.com at noon, and have a ton to discuss if you'd like to attend.
So, once again, MITM TEN will be held in Snowmass Village, CO (just around the corner from Aspen, CO) August 5-9th 2015. Please register early for both the event and hotel!

Jeremy Nelson ( Precious )
MITM 2015 Co-Chairman

Old 01-15-2015, 07:14 AM
kbleicher
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Calling on all MITM2015 Volunteers!

Hi there! Would you like to volunteer at MITM2015? Of course you would! It’s fun, satisfying, and you get to meet fellow Mini enthusiasts. And best of all, you get a free embroidered polo shirt!

We need volunteers for registration, vendor setup/tear-down and events that are still under planning.

Please email Kevin at volunteers@minisinthemountains.com if you’re interested (or have pre-commitment questions). Please include your area of interest (registration, etc..), preferred times(s) if known, and your shirt size. Or just say ‘hi’ :-)

Thanks bunches!