MINI E Talk (2010) Discussion of the electric, zero-emissions field trial MINI. Only 500 to be leased by MINIUSA!

Ex-MINI-E/EV1 Driver Drives Chevy Volt

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 09:36 AM
jeffu
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ex-MINI-E/EV1 Driver Drives Chevy Volt

In the spirit of pushing plugin electric cars to market sooner than later, I offer this post. Some of my blogging about the poorly run MINI-E program seems to offend some "pioneers" but let me reassure you that I'm in it for the long run. Not any one car will save us from our oil addiction.

I have driven many electric drive vehicles now in the past 14 years. So I wish to share my most recent experience with all who are willing to read it.

Tuesday Feb. 9th GM invited a few of us past EV1 drivers to come and drive the new Chevy Volt plugin electric car that will be available this November. For me this was truly amazing on many levels. One being that we have been the most vocal critics of GM and the EV1 program. I was very impressed with this car and the GM Volt team. This car's handling was incredible as was the power and acceleration. Very smooth, nimble and fast. A solid road car. Wonderfully thoughtful design inside and out. This car will give the BMW 3 series a run for it's money! I know, I own one!
Many thanks to the GM-Volt people for this invitation. It was great to meet the personalities behind this historic car and have some quality time and spirited discussions with them. I think sometimes we need to be reminded that people make cars, not just corporations. Jeff

Goto this link to see pictures of the night and read my comment with each picture:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...1&l=1f8c65cf88