MINI Collectibles Discuss new finds and organize trades of MINI collectibles.

MINIMini Toys - Diecast/Models/RC *Caution Lots of photos*

Old 12-31-2004, 11:01 AM
dragonflyer
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man! I paid 20.00 for that at Toy-R-Us. Amizon probably makes that up in shipping.

This is one that I got for my b-day this year.

Old 12-31-2004, 11:06 AM
dickdavid
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dragonflyer
I have that little red classic. it was a die-cast model kit.

Nice collection.
Thanks! The classic red was a diecast kit from Testors.

Old 12-31-2004, 11:17 AM
jamesday24
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dragonflyer, can I use that photo for my list of diecast MINIs (under construction)? Do you know who made the car? Do you know what day they gave those out at the Diamondback's game?

Thanks!
James

Old 12-31-2004, 11:30 AM
dragonflyer
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jamesday24
dragonflyer, can I use that photo for my list of diecast MINIs (under construction)? Do you know who made the car? Do you know what day they gave those out at the Diamondback's game?

Thanks!
James
I know you can't get them any more. You can use the pic as long as you don't try to sell it.

I can look around Phoenix to see if I can find any more. I'll keep you posted.

Old 12-31-2004, 11:50 AM
dickdavid
6th Gear
Originally Posted by smokey4
I sent a bunch of those out to folks as Christmas gifts! Nice color and design, however I think the JL's are overall a better quality model then either the MB or the HW.

While you're out looking, there are new Johnny Lightnings hitting the shelf. A Street Freaks Black MCS and a 2005 Lightning Strick CR/Amer Flag MC. I've got them both but only have a pic of the black one.
I totally agree about the JLs. Autoart is the only thing, I found, that looks better.

If you'll note on my pic, the top cars of the two, TALL center columns contain the two new JLs.

Old 12-31-2004, 12:36 PM
Smokey
6th Gear
Originally Posted by early_apex
Cool! That's the first black diecast I've seen. Where did you find it?
I've had the best luck at the "Marts", Wal and K.

Found another Black one on my Hunting trip today! I also found a small (1:72 scale) RC MINI at Target, it had been removed from it's package and was missing the antenna and was the only one is the store so I didn't get it. It was an EB/W MCS made by "Xcaliber", the controller was also the base for the display. It had a hinged clear top that snapped into the base for storage. Anyone got one of those and can provide some info???

Thanks

Old 12-31-2004, 12:48 PM
Smokey
6th Gear
Originally Posted by dickdavid
I totally agree about the JLs. Autoart is the only thing, I found, that looks better.
If you'll note on my pic, the top cars of the two, TALL center columns contain the two new JLs.
Ah, yes I see them now, and I agree about the AutoArt being top quality also. I have a few of them in the 1:18th scale, but they run big $$$ so I've limited myself. I've been trying to get their JCW version of the 1:18th scale CR/W MCS, but just can't bring myself to pay what they are asking!! Around $90 is what they seem to be running.

Kyosho also makes a nice product. I picked this one up about 2 years ago from a Europeon vendor. At the time it was the only one I'd seen that had the DS/B with sliding sunroof and the correct rims to match my car.

Old 12-31-2004, 12:49 PM
LilOleCar
2nd Gear
Wow! A large scale DS/B MCS with a working sunroof! That's my car exactly, and I've been looking for this for a while! Where did you find this and how much was it? TIA.
-Cor.

Or are we going to mix it up with all the other "Collectibles" threads

If so I'd be more then happy to edit the tittle of this thread and post some of mine here.

Here's what I did to showcase the JL Italian Job MINI's

Old 12-31-2004, 12:53 PM
dickdavid
6th Gear
Originally Posted by early_apex
Cool! That's the first black diecast I've seen. Where did you find it?
You can also pick one up online at Tinywheels.com when they get them back in stock. This is a cool site, but they have a really weird method of ordering.

Old 12-31-2004, 12:53 PM
Smokey
6th Gear
I know you can't get them any more. You can use the pic as long as you don't try to sell it.

I can look around Phoenix to see if I can find any more. I'll keep you posted.
Put me on that list also if you would DF!!

I'd love to get one of those; the one off stuff is what really makes this collecting fun and of course the thrill of the hunt!

Old 12-31-2004, 01:02 PM
Smokey
6th Gear
Originally Posted by LilOleCar
Wow! A large scale DS/B MCS with a working sunroof! That's my car exactly, and I've been looking for this for a while! Where did you find this and how much was it? TIA.
-Cor.
I picked it up from a company in Derby, UK back in May of 03. The vendor was called Mad 4 Models and has since gone out of business (I think??). If you'll do a search on Mini2 for the vendor name you might find the full story, but I believe they were a very small reseller and lost their lease on the store front and moved the business into their house. Shipping became slow and orders were lost and lots of negative comments were made on the board about them. I haven't followed the thread anymore so I don't know what the outcome was.

It appears to be a stock type item though, the invoice describes it as:
"Kyosho 1/18th scale BMW New Mini Cooper S Dealer Edition - it was 43.74 pounds plus shipping.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Old 12-31-2004, 01:05 PM
dickdavid
6th Gear
Funny thing about the Black/Black JL

It was supposed to look like this. I guess it got changed when it went into production.

Old 12-31-2004, 01:22 PM
sndwave
Coordinator :: Gulf Coast & Panhandle MINIs
Every time my better half starts to tell me I need treatment for my MINI/Mini addiction I open up this thread and show her my hero, Erik Rutberg!

http://forums.roadfly.org/models/5565602-1.html
Some day I'll have the money for a collection like this, but as of now I can't afford even the plastic storage/display cases he's got
I love your few things Smokey and it's so great to see displays like yours.

All I'd like to know is who dusts all the things in you're links room.

Old 12-31-2004, 01:50 PM
dragonflyer
6th Gear
I've had the best luck at the "Marts", Wal and K.

I also found a small (1:72 scale) RC MINI at Target, It was an EB/W MCS made by "Xcaliber", the controller was also the base for the display. It had a hinged clear top that snapped into the base for storage. Anyone got one of those and can provide some info???

Thanks
I have one of those. A red one. They were only sold online. At the TRU store. they are hard to come by now you should go back and pick it up. Mine is red like my car. there neat. I always try to paint them to look like mine if they are the red ones.

Did it look like this.

Old 12-31-2004, 02:37 PM
early_apex
6th Gear
Man! I paid 20.00 for that at Toy-R-Us. Amizon probably makes that up in shipping.
Amazon has free shipping on any orders that toal more than $25. I just got back from ToysrUs where I picked up one for $20. Didn't feel like screwing around with the shipping.

Didn't see the JL black one though...

Old 12-31-2004, 02:52 PM
early_apex
6th Gear
I found this cool classic Mini in a 5 pack of Hot Wheels at Toyrus. There is a lever on the bottom that lets you take the body off the chassis.

and this is currently available in the Matchbox section:

Old 01-01-2005, 10:45 AM
CruzinChris
3rd Gear
The MINI portion of my automobila room

The whole wall Miatas & MINIs. (Other wall is VWs):

Old 01-01-2005, 11:54 AM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Okay, Smokey! I changed the title of the thread.

This is a great thread, BTW! I've had the pleasure of seeing Chris' automobilia room....it's AWESOME!!!

Clover

Old 01-01-2005, 07:28 PM
Smokey
6th Gear
Originally Posted by sndwave
All I'd like to know is who dusts all the things in you're links room.
I've got them in an old IBM "clean room", so there is no dust. Although I am getting tired of putting on the white suit and hair net.

I need to post an updated pic of my shelving. I've added another bookcase (my wife said it's the last one, riiiiight!) and move things about. I've also picked up a few things from England.

It'll have to be tomorrow after work.

dragonflyer - that's the one! Does your's have an antenna that screws in? This one had a slot and it looked like something was designed to go there.

early_apex - Nice Tiki Torch! I think that's the name of the 5 pack that the HW comes from. There are 4 newer MB since the CR/UJ #75 one came out; the Superfast #12 CR/B, the Showcase LY/W, the 2004 Hero City #65 LY/B, and the newest #7 Cool/Hypr Blue/W

CruzinChris - Nice display!!

Thanks Clo!

Old 01-01-2005, 07:34 PM
dickdavid
6th Gear
Originally Posted by CruzinChris
The MINI portion of my automobila room

The whole wall Miatas & MINIs. (Other wall is VWs):
Cool display, CruzinChris! I'd like to see the VWs as well.

Old 01-01-2005, 09:13 PM
dragonflyer
6th Gear

dragonflyer - that's the one! Does your's have an antenna that screws in? This one had a slot and it looked like something was designed to go there.
Thanks Clo!
It has a hole in the back of the body where the RC antena goes. It's basicly a black wire that comes out of it. Did you go back and get it. It's a rare find I tell ya. Rare!

It's the only new Mini cooper RC they ever made that size.

Old 01-01-2005, 11:29 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WOW - WOW!!! Some of you have some AWESOME collections and displays - I'm jealous...:smile: We have lots of cars but not nearly what I am seeing here......

All of these Collectible Threads have inspired me to finally get my act together and get organized. So I have spent the last 2 nights up late separating, logging in a book, buying plastic insert sleeves for all the ad stuff, newpaper articles and magazines we've been collecting since 2002... I've got a separate notebook for Scooter stuff, Ariel stuff, dealership giveaways, ads, etc. I'm still working on cataloging all the cars though... That's going to take me another day or so....

I've kept all the cars in their original packaging....still debating whether to open them up or not....Mike says No...hum....what do you all think?

Dragonslayer - I have one of those RC cars in Electric Blue. I know I didn't buy it on-line. I swear it might have come from the store Brookstone? We bought it several years ago. I had no idea that they were kinda rare...cool...

Smokey - you are putting us to shame...

We have some really cool and older ads that I haven't seen posted in the other thread. I'll have to take some pixs and post them. I'm sure a lot of the newbies haven't seen them....:smile:

Chow!

Donna

Old 01-01-2005, 11:52 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Donna: Well.....I just couldn't stand to keep mine in their packaging...or at least not all of them. I popped a few of the Hot Wheels out so I can play with them, tee hee! I try to have a MINI in every room, and especially like the little MC JB/W with UJ flag which is sitting amongst orchids over the kitchen sink!

I'm not a serious, organized collector. I don't have the discipline that most of you have. For all I know, a few of my MINIs may end up in some of my art, for instance in an assemblage!

Clover

Old 01-02-2005, 05:21 AM
dickdavid
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Donna/Mike
...I've kept all the cars in their original packaging....still debating whether to open them up or not....Mike says No...hum....what do you all think?...
That's why I ended up buying two of everything MINI. One to play with and one to put away. It's not like I think they will be of any value to anybody but me. There is just something about having things mint-on-card that makes me do it. It's hard to explain.

Old 01-02-2005, 10:48 AM
Smokey
6th Gear
Originally Posted by dickdavid
That's why I ended up buying two of everything MINI. One to play with and one to put away. It's not like I think they will be of any value to anybody but me. There is just something about having things mint-on-card that makes me do it. It's hard to explain.
I'm with you on that DD I try to get at least 2 of each, and no explanation needed!

One thing to watch out for if you are new to the HW diecast world, they have variations of the models. They aren't as obvious as say a "White Lightning", just a different wheel style. So you might have what you think are all of the #200 or #158 only to find that someone has a 5-spoke and you have lace wheels.

So when you make the updated list James, we're going to need to figure out which numbers have variations

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MINIMini Toys - Diecast/Models/RC *Caution Lots of photos*