JCW Pro exhaust installed on my 17 JCW - Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 08:52 AM
AliH
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pro exhaust installed on my 17 JCW - Question

I understand the basic function with the remote but I also got this sheet with it. I am not sure what these functions are on the remote....anyone understands what these are? Especially the first two options x5 and 1 x/5 sec???

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Pro exhaust installed on my 17 JCW - Question-img_1058.jpg  
Old 01-08-2017, 09:52 AM
kfmuller
4th Gear
Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by AliH
I understand the basic function with the remote but I also got this sheet with it. I am not sure what these functions are on the remote....anyone understands what these are? Especially the first two options x5 and 1 x/5 sec???

Thanks
You hit the button twice - it blinks 5 times to let you know it's going into track mode.

When in track mode, it will blink 1 time every 5 seconds.

You click button twice again, and it will glow red for a second to let you know it's closing the flap.

Finally, I think it will give you a light glow low battery indication.

Old 01-08-2017, 11:30 AM
AliH
1st Gear
Originally Posted by kfmuller
You hit the button twice - it blinks 5 times to let you know it's going into track mode.

When in track mode, it will blink 1 time every 5 seconds.

You click button twice again, and it will glow red for a second to let you know it's closing the flap.

Finally, I think it will give you a light glow low battery indication.
Thank you! It makes sense now...My left brain was over thinking it and thinking there were all sorts of combinations!

Old 01-09-2017, 06:24 AM
KYDan
5th Gear
Received 137 Likes on 90 Posts
I have had mine for a year and it has worked great and adds 8-9 horsepower. It doesn't like other bluetooth toys being used around it and iphones tend to shut the valve indiscriminately. But, it works great and you can go from machine gun rat-a-tats to stealth in seconds. I don't have an iphone so it has not been an issue for me. Have fun make wonderful noise!

Old 01-09-2017, 07:07 AM
AliH
1st Gear
Thank you and right about the BT issue

Originally Posted by KYDan
I have had mine for a year and it has worked great and adds 8-9 horsepower. It doesn't like other bluetooth toys being used around it and iphones tend to shut the valve indiscriminately. But, it works great and you can go from machine gun rat-a-tats to stealth in seconds. I don't have an iphone so it has not been an issue for me. Have fun make wonderful noise!
Noticed when iPhone BT is on...Valve sometimes shuts on its own. Not always. I am hoping the sound will improve with usage time. My last Cooper S was a 2010 and had the JCW exhaust on it and sounded much better than this one. Hoping it improves.

Old 01-09-2017, 07:59 AM
KYDan
5th Gear
Noticed when iPhone BT is on...Valve sometimes shuts on its own. Not always. I am hoping the sound will improve with usage time. My last Cooper S was a 2010 and had the JCW exhaust on it and sounded much better than this one. Hoping it improves.
It will with time, push it hard and get it hot. That seems to help, summer time is the biggest help with the windows down!

Old 01-10-2017, 05:13 PM
jamesahy
1st Gear
Not sure if it's well known on this forum but you can lock the exhaust in track mode.

- Ignition
- Trigger Track Mode
(leave engine running)
- Open trunk and open side panel, unplug the large, immediately visible, plug with just a couple of black & red wires in it.

This powers off the bluetooth on the car end, so next time you startup the car it will be in track mode and you don't need the remote.

Plug back in the header if you want to go back to normal bluetooth remote control.

Old 01-10-2017, 05:48 PM
KYDan
5th Gear
Yep, it is, but a reminder never hurts.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:06 AM
TheGeekGuy
4th Gear
Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by jamesahy
Not sure if it's well known on this forum but you can lock the exhaust in track mode.

- Ignition
- Trigger Track Mode
(leave engine running)
- Open trunk and open side panel, unplug the large, immediately visible, plug with just a couple of black & red wires in it.

This powers off the bluetooth on the car end, so next time you startup the car it will be in track mode and you don't need the remote.

Plug back in the header if you want to go back to normal bluetooth remote control.
This is what I call:

**** Off the Neighbours Mode

Too bad MINI can't get their collective **** together and solve the problem.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:29 AM
AliH
1st Gear
Honestly....I do not think it is loud. The crackling/popping on downshift can at times but the exhaust itself is quieter that my last JCW exhaust on my Cooper S. Only have less than 100 miles on it, and might get louder but does not look like it.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:53 AM
KYDan
5th Gear
I have several thousand miles on mine and it doesn't seem any louder to me until I really get down on the accelerator and kick and go into overboost and then it seems louder.

Old 01-23-2017, 04:51 PM
MiniF55
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did not know about "disabling the Bluetooth" trick to keep it in track mode. I can save money on batteries his way.

Old 04-09-2017, 10:33 PM
Cyril Barakat
Neutral

Thanks
Hey do you have a jcw or a regular mcs?

Old 04-11-2017, 07:49 AM
AliH
1st Gear
Have a JCW....My previous Mini was the S

Old 04-11-2017, 08:03 AM
KYDan
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MiniF55
Did not know about "disabling the Bluetooth" trick to keep it in track mode. I can save money on batteries his way.
I still have the original battery in mine from March of 2016 and it is still working. The drain from the controller is minimal. I do love the sound with it open, but I don't want to hear it all the time, particularly on long trips to and from events. Generally, I take backroads when I have the time to enjoy the scenery and any twisties that are available, but sometimes boring interstate highways are required. It is a wonderful option for the power boost and the sound.