JCW The wait is over

Old 12-28-2016, 04:36 PM
mtbscott
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The wait is over

Ordered November 15, delivered December 26, my 2017 JCW. As noted before this is my sixth MINI since 2005.
Option list relatively simple: solid Chili Red, roof rails,manual, standard interior, Harmon Kardon, heated seats, rear foglight, glowing red color line, 18" Cups wheels for a MSRP of $34200. In addition I ordered a complete set of 18" 506 Cross Spoke wheels complete with tires and TPMS sensors. Those were the wheels I wanted on it, MINIUSA was currently closing out their last few sets to the dealers so I got a discounted rate for those. My plan was to immediately sell the extra Cups but on the way home tonight I was giving some thought to holding on to them. I will never again be able to get a complete set of 18" rims with tires and sensors for $750 again. They might come in handy if I wanted a change of pace, damaged wheels, snow tires, track tires, etc....
In two days, 150 miles or so, my first impressions are why did I wait so long? I first test drove a JCW when they came out with automatic followed by an S with manual, and they didn't really click with me at the time. I am now appreciating the "upscaleness" of the F body, I am not seeing any personal downside to it. Better build quality, quieter, stiffer structure, better materials, great seats, the list goes on. Here's some quick snaps from the dealer lot, it has just rained.

Attached Thumbnails The wait is over-img_2989.jpg   The wait is over-img_2990.jpg   The wait is over-img_2991.jpg   The wait is over-img_2992.jpg   The wait is over-img_2995.jpg  

Old 12-28-2016, 05:00 PM
2017All4
Super Moderator
Received 507 Likes on 383 Posts
That is a sweet, sweet red JCW. Merry Christmas to you!!

Old 12-28-2016, 07:07 PM
jlb
2nd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Congratulations! Great looking sled

Old 12-29-2016, 02:58 PM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
Yeah, that's pretty hot. I love the wheels a lot. I've got black ones and I miss the silver ones I used to have. I bet that car is a gas to drive. And $34k is not much for a car like that. Mine was $39k.

Old 12-29-2016, 03:32 PM
technicallyrite
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats on the JCW

Wow, that is stunning. I drove a new loaded JCW and absolutely loved it, but couldn't bring myself to pay $42k for it. The way you ordered it is perfect as a real drivers car. It's getting hard to find manuals now, at least in some of the mini dealerships in Texas. Congrats on no. 6, I can understand the obsession. I just bought my 5th mini, a GP2.

Old 12-29-2016, 07:56 PM
mtbscott
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for the kind words guys! "but couldn't bring myself to pay $42k for it"
This. Every one I've seen on lots is loaded to the gills, nearing $40K or more. To each their own, that's the beauty of MINI's "youification" but I am more inclined to be a minimalist, especially with electronic and cosmetic gizmos. The F56 in general, and the JCW especially, is already loaded with way more content than my previous R56's. The standard features would have all been extra cost before and the price really hasn't risen that much, I think my last ordered 2011 R56 JCW was also around $34K.
I've pretty much just been commuting to work the last few days but this weekend I'll get to take a mini-roadtrip out of town, in addition I'll be getting to use the OEM roofrack for bikes. It's a great piece of kit too, very well designed and user friendly.

Old 12-30-2016, 05:54 AM
02fanatic
6th Gear
Received 103 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by mtbscott
Thanks for the kind words guys! "but couldn't bring myself to pay $42k for it"
This. Every one I've seen on lots is loaded to the gills, nearing $40K or more. To each their own, that's the beauty of MINI's "youification" but I am more inclined to be a minimalist, especially with electronic and cosmetic gizmos. The F56 in general, and the JCW especially, is already loaded with way more content than my previous R56's. The standard features would have all been extra cost before and the price really hasn't risen that much, I think my last ordered 2011 R56 JCW was also around $34K.
I've pretty much just been commuting to work the last few days but this weekend I'll get to take a mini-roadtrip out of town, in addition I'll be getting to use the OEM roofrack for bikes. It's a great piece of kit too, very well designed and user friendly.
I'm in that camp also....simple is best! The base JCW is an outstanding value! If you can refrain from adding on options, you will get more for your investment! My JCW only has the radio...no visual boost and all the parking sensors, etc....such a waste! LOL! To each their own...of course, I added running/rally lights, 18" cup spoke wheels (because 18's look the best on the F56), HK Sound, and the dinamica/leather JCW sport seats as the main options...but the price was still very good! I'm also finding the more the car costs new the larger the depreciation will be in the first year...seeing loaded JCW's for sale used that take an $8,000 to $10,000 hit in depreciation as a low mileage used car! So, if you want a ton of bells & whistles, better to buy used.

Enjoy your JCW...it looks wonderful!

John

Old 12-30-2016, 08:32 AM
technicallyrite
Neutral
Exactly. Hell my GP2 doesn't have cruise control but at least it has butt heaters. Minimal is best, I agree.

Old 04-20-2017, 10:27 AM
bhmini
1st Gear
No, no no..... I'm a retired airline pilot and love the gadgets. Optioned out. You only live once. Rear Foglights are factory order for $100. Aftermarket "adder oners" are lots more. If it even tweaks your fancy, order it from the factory.

Search this Thread