JCW Garage Interested in John Cooper Works (JCW) parts for your 2nd Generation MINI? This is where JCW upgrades and accessories for the MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs are discussed.

JCW MINI service in Washington state.......

Old 11-15-2015, 05:22 PM
dube53
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
MINI service in Washington state.......

I will have to live in Port Townsend WA for many months and eventually to move permanently. British and German cars are not very popular here and they are rarely seen on the roads.

Since my car is still on the maintenance program for 2 years, it seems there are only 2 dealers at about a 2 hours drive........ either Tacoma or Seattle. I was not expecting that because it will be time consuming to drive over there and expensive if they have to keep the car overnight or more because of parts availability.

I am also wondering what is the reputation of these dealers for service quality and reliability. Anybody doing business with either of them?

It brings me to wonder if I should not sell the JCW Coupe now at 10K and get something else.

I am not very excited about Honda, Nissan, VW, Subaru, Buick, Dodge and Ford. These dealers are about an hour drive to Port Angeles but at least I can see a few Mustangs that would be the only alternative but I would prefer to keep my Coupe.

Opinions about the MINI service experience in Tacoma and Seattle would be welcomed.

Old 02-04-2016, 08:56 AM
Sivi709
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to reply so late but I frequently take my 2009 JCW to the Tacoma dealership where I bought it. Service department is great! Never once had an issue and they're great people. Even when I was still under warranty they never gave me crap like other places for getting the oil changed more often that the plan called for, paying for it of course. Now out of warranty, I still take it there for check ups. If there's anything wrong at all or any recalls they let me know and fix it without issues. As far as the distance goes, they are usually great with loaner cars if they need yours overnight.

Old 02-04-2016, 01:05 PM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
You aren't THAT far from Seattle. I'd keep it. We spent a week in Anacortes last summer. Pretty sweet. My wife wants to get a house on San Juan when I retire. Maybe!

Old 02-05-2016, 08:01 PM
dube53
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt
You aren't THAT far from Seattle. I'd keep it. We spent a week in Anacortes last summer. Pretty sweet. My wife wants to get a house on San Juan when I retire. Maybe!
Living in WA is time consuming because you have to take ferries to connect with the mainland before you can even think of being on the highway on time to destination. This is the problem and it cost a lot of money when you take the ferry back and forth. This is at least $60 every time you have to leave the car for overnight service and come back for just figuring if everything has been fixed properly.

Again, there is only 2 MINI/BMW dealerships in WA and they are owned by the same owners.

I believe most of the cars I see on the road here are from lease and they may not care about maintenance.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:56 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
I'm ten minutes from dealer or one of several Indy shops. I wouldn't consider the distance you have to travel as conducive to owning a Mini.

Old 02-06-2016, 07:02 PM
dube53
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Minnie.the.Moocher
I'm ten minutes from dealer or one of several Indy shops. I wouldn't consider the distance you have to travel as conducive to owning a Mini.
I am glad you are 10 minutes away from a dealer. Very few owners are so privileged.

Your comment has no value to this discussion.

Old 02-06-2016, 08:06 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
Originally Posted by dube53
I am glad you are 10 minutes away from a dealer. Very few owners are so privileged. Your comment has no value to this discussion.
having a bad day, chill out.

Old 02-07-2016, 05:55 PM
dube53
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Minnie.the.Moocher
having a bad day, chill out.
LOL, I don't care about what you say and you don't even follow the tread for constructive input and experience with Mini dealers and how they serve their customers

If your Mini would still be on OEM maintenance program and/or factory warranty, you would never send it to an independent shop, period....... not even for an oil change.

Old 02-07-2016, 08:35 PM
MandB
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
For anyone living in or near the Tri-Cities ( Richland, Kennewick, Pasco), I just had warranty service (and oil/filter) done at MINI of Portland, OR and they were great. Coordinated in advance for a loaner...no issues. Would definitely recommend.

Old 02-09-2016, 08:11 PM
dube53
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MandB
For anyone living in or near the Tri-Cities ( Richland, Kennewick, Pasco), I just had warranty service (and oil/filter) done at MINI of Portland, OR and they were great. Coordinated in advance for a loaner...no issues. Would definitely recommend.
Thanks for your comment.

So, you choose to cross to OR for service. Interesting......

I am wondering if it would not be better if I should take the ferry to cross to Victoria BC since I am so close LOL.

Old 02-16-2016, 06:44 AM
R56BrgMcs
4th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
I live in Spokane and have to drive to Seattle if I want my MINI services by either of those shops. I have done this three times. The first time was at Seattle mini, I was not very impressed with the service there especially since I had to stay over night. The other two times I went to mini in Tacoma and they were great. I would drive the extra half hour if I were you to go the Northwest MINI in Tacoma.

Old 02-16-2016, 07:04 PM
dube53
6th Gear
Originally Posted by R56BrgMcs
I live in Spokane and have to drive to Seattle if I want my MINI services by either of those shops. I have done this three times. The first time was at Seattle mini, I was not very impressed with the service there especially since I had to stay over night. The other two times I went to mini in Tacoma and they were great. I would drive the extra half hour if I were you to go the Northwest MINI in Tacoma.
Thanks....... you are the only one who really answers my question. It is even easier for me to go to Tacoma because there is no ferry and it will save time.

Everybody seem very shy to express their comments on this subject of Mini customer service.

With all the Mini I see on the road here, they have to go somewhere under warranty and it is time consuming.

I am wondering what are the incentives for somebody to buy a car when the closest dealer is about 70 -100 miles away but this should be the subject of another tread.

Thanks again, your comment is helpful.